All isgrimner's Comments

New Game of Thrones Teaser Arrives (Article) - 12/17/2014 11:06:38 AM

Didn't watch the teaser based on the comments.  I am getting fidgety for The Winds of Winter.  Ugh, I'm afraid this seasons show might possibly contain a few scenes that haven't been published yet.

First Look: DARK TOWER: THE DRAWING OF THE THREE (Article) - 12/17/2014 10:48:21 AM

I have had the first book of the series on my Kindle for a while.  Need to get around to reading it.

Tim Burton Confirms Beetlejuice 2 (Article) - 12/17/2014 10:46:26 AM

Remember seeing Beetlejuice in the theater back in the day although I don't really remember the ending.  Would it make sense for Alec Baldwin and Gina Davis to reprise their roles too?

Hot Tub Time Machine 2: Green Band Trailer (Article) - 12/11/2014 7:49:10 AM

The cast is pretty good and even with the loss of Cusak, Adam Scott is a great get.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Official Theatrical Teaser Trailer (Article) - 12/11/2014 7:46:11 AM

@blanczech - I know my Rams probably won't be going to the Super Bowl this year.  However, next year with their defense and some luck keeping the offensive players healthy, they have a better chance than they have had for years.   Anyway, I'm rooting against the Seahawks and Patriots going as I hate both those teams.

PREACHER Pilot Ordered by AMC (Article) - 12/4/2014 5:43:25 PM

If I recall HBO had the chance to scoop up Preacher a few years ago and didn't.   Kind of sucks, because while AMC has a good track record with Breakiing Bad and Walking Dead, neither of those push the envelope of vulgarity and taboo subjects like Preacher  does.  I will watch but really hope it isn't watered down to much, because the vulgarity is kind of intrinsic to Preacher in my mind.

Suicide Squad Cast Revealed (Article) - 12/4/2014 2:00:02 PM

@BunyonSnipe, acutally I guess I got Deathstroke and Deadshot mixed up.  I was thinking that Stephen Lang for Deathstroke too, but guess he is not in this film.

I can't see Leto not doing a different take on Joker.

The Walking Dead: Coda Review (Article) - 12/4/2014 1:51:12 PM

In other news, I see AMC has finally ordered a pilot of Preacher.  Not sure if it will make it to a series, and if it does it won't be able to push the boundries it does in the comic.   I would say you guys who hate spoilers should read it now, but actually you should just read it now because it is awesome.

Suicide Squad Cast Revealed (Article) - 12/3/2014 7:41:01 AM

Wiseguy - I think Tom Cruise is a good actor, but have you ever seen those leaked Scientology interviews he did.  Dude is insane off screen.  Will Smith, eh, I can take him or leave him.  I haven't watched any of his recent movies though.

I'm not an expert on all the characters though.  Not a huge DC reader.  Most of my knowledge of Deadshot comes from the Arkham Asylem video games.  I was thinking the white haired guy who played the villian from Avatar could play him, maybe he is too old.

Actually think Jared Leto is a good choice for the Joker.  It takes a bit of brass to be the first to try that role since Heath Ledger due to all the inevitable comparrisons, but I think he can pull it off.

The Walking Dead Spin off Casts 2 Actors (Article) - 12/3/2014 7:28:15 AM

On the fence.  A lot of times the over saturation of an IP doesn't work for me.  I'm sure I'll at least check it out, but no excitement for it.

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA