All isgrimner's Comments

Universal Greenlights SMOKIN' ACES Prequel (Article) - 11/5/2008 7:13:57 AM

<p>I pretty sure I thought the first one was a disappointment.&nbsp; But seeing as I hardly remember anything about it, I'm going to have to say it was less than memorable.&nbsp; I'll probably skip any sequel/prequel version..</p>

Top Maniacal Rumors: Super Millar, Nolan's Return and Hellboy Ho-Tep (Article) - 10/31/2008 7:08:55 AM

<P itxtvisited="1">I'm 50/50 on the Hulk's deleted scenes.  Some of them would have worked if they stayed in.  I believe some of the deleted scenes just would have basically rambled on.  For instance the extended version of William Hurt and Tim Roth when they were talking about the super soldier project.   While the acting was good and it gave some info on Ross, I felt if it stayed in the movie it would have been a big speed bump for the pacing.</P><BR itxtvisited="1" /> Syxxblade, I have the BluRay too, I didn't try to watch it with deleted scenes intact. I don't think you can on this one though. Some Blu-rays have "seamless branching" which will allow you to different versions of a movie from the regular menu. I'm not sure if the Hulk uses this feature. <P itxtvisited="1"> </P><BR itxtvisited="1" /> <P itxtvisited="1">I'm not too happy about Bruce Campbell not doing the Bubba Ho Tep sequel, that's probably because we all seem to love Bruce.</P>

Mendes to give voice to PREACHER feature (Article) - 10/30/2008 11:42:50 AM

<p>I feel a Preacher movie would be a lot like True Romance with religion and a vampire thrown in.&nbsp; Two hours is just not enough time to do the story justice.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I for one enjoyed Preacher a whole lot more than Watchmen.&nbsp; Preacher and Transmetropolitan are my favorite comic series.</p>

CHUCK: Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer (Article) - 10/29/2008 6:56:21 AM

<p>I kept thinking that the Missle Command guy from King of Kong, Captian Awesome or something, probably was pretty pissed at how easy they made it look for Chuck to get the kill screen.</p>

ABC and iTunes Offers First 30 Minutes for Raimi's LEGEND (Article) - 10/28/2008 7:58:15 AM

<P itxtvisited="1">I'm gonna go ahead and disregard the "If you don't have anything nice to say...." thing and rag on this.  It astounds me that of all the good properties that could be done, this craptacular series is being made.  I don't even know how I made it through the first four books of the series before giving it up.  Mainly because I like to finish what I start, but I could only take so much punishment.</P>

THE DARK KNIGHT Director Returns! (Article) - 10/28/2008 7:50:22 AM

<p>I can think of a few good &quot;threequels&quot;.&nbsp; LOTR comes to mind first, maybe that isn't fair as it is really one big story.&nbsp;&nbsp; The Bourne movies&nbsp;did all three of its movies well.&nbsp; I could name a few more, but I understand what he meant.&nbsp;&nbsp; X3 was kind of crap for the X-Men franchise.</p>

George Nolfi Penning Damon's BOURNE 4 (Article) - 10/17/2008 7:14:46 AM

<p>In a 100 years people will know these movies suck?&nbsp; Good, cause I'll be dead then and that means I can continue to like them for the rest of my life.</p> <p>While I normally am not a big fan of Damon, I really dig these movies.&nbsp; I wish they would get released on Blu-Ray already so I could upgrade my DVDs.</p> <p>Also, even if the fourth pulls a Crystal Skull and kind of sucks, the first three will still be pretty good.&nbsp;&nbsp;Well at least for another 100 years, anyway.</p>

HEROES: Angels and Monsters (Article) - 10/15/2008 8:16:49 AM

I'm probably not as dissapointed with the show as some, because I never regarded Heros as high as many others do. I've always felt that the show seemed familiar because it seemed like the major plots were already done in the X-Men. Legacy virus story line? I know Tim Kring claims to have never read the comics though. Heros overall has always rated about a B in my mind. While I will purchase the Blu-Rays of Lost, I don't even buy the DVDs of Heros.

TV Wasteland: The Raping of Indiana Jones (Article) - 10/14/2008 7:19:49 AM

I think Southpark is one of the best shows on tv. I would partly disagree with the statement that it is "amateurish, immature, and unfunny". I will say that it can be immature at times which is part of the charm, however the writing is too consistantly good for it to be considered amateurish and unfunny. I know its all subjective to one's taste. Southpark is great in that it tackles hot button topics and current affairs but doesn't forget that its a comedy.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />As far as Crystal Skull goes, I don't know if I share the extreame view presented in the Southpark Ep, but wasn't that pumped about it, so I guess it was kind of a let down.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Regarding Life on Mars, I watched it based solely on the fact that the title refrenced one of my favorite David Bowie songs. It was great that they even played a large portion of the song in the show, and it wasn't a cheesy cover by some current pop star but the original. As to the pilot, I thought it was ok. I'll continue to watch it but I don't think it will be a show that I can't miss.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I also watched My Own Worst Enemy last night, and thought it was ok too. I'll keep watching it as well.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/8/2008 7:15:48 AM

I hope it is cool. I'm worried though. I get the feeling that they are adding too many characters just to do spin offs. I really don't think Deadpool belongs in the first solo Wolverine movie, though I do like Ryan Reynolds for the part. I always go the feeling that Deadpool is kind of a cheesy mix of Wolverine and Spiderman, who just happen to be Marvels biggest characters.

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA