All isgrimner's Comments

Fox Changing Strategies for Future Comic Films? (Article) - 9/10/2008 7:16:02 AM

Am I the only one worried that they are gonna ruin the Wolverine movie by trying to set up multiple spinoffs movies from it? Seems like too large a cast to me with too many characters. My favorite Wolverine stories were almost always when he was off on his own, or with only a few others. I hope it won't suck, because I think Wolverine is way cooler than Batman, but I just don't see how his movie will be better than Nolan's last two Bat films.

Abrams Explains Shatner Snub in STAR TREK (Article) - 9/9/2008 8:22:49 AM

I don't know, I was never a Star Trek fan. I watched the original series as a kid, and probably at least the first 4 movies, but they all seem kind of hazzy to me now. I never watched any of the Next Generation episodes or any other spin offs. While I have no interest in it, I hope those of you that do care for it get a movie you think is good. So, for somebody that does not know all the cannon and is basically an outside, neutral observer. Regarding this film, I kinda would have liked for them to give a some kind of nod to Shatner.

Val Kilmer Dealing With a FAKE IDENTITY (Article) - 9/8/2008 7:17:01 AM

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was light and good. It seems like its only a couple years old.

HBO Scraps Adaptation of PREACHER (Article) - 8/27/2008 8:35:44 AM

Kind of sucks. I dumped HBO when they dumped Carnivale. I will rent some of the series they do on DVD/Blu-Ray, but I don't pay them anything anymore. I'm also a boxing fan, but that sport is going downhill. Some of their series and boxing was really all they had going for them. I don't really care about their movies, because I rent or buy the ones I want to see way before they are available on HBO. I loved Preacher though and don't think a single movie would be enough to do it justice. I had heard at one point James Marsden was under consideration for Jesse Custer, I think he would have not been a good choice. A younger Christian Slayter would have worked, as he already basically played the part in True Romance.

Character Returns from Dead in LOST (Article) - 8/27/2008 8:09:11 AM

If Wiseguy is going to do a NotAFan interpretation, then I'm going to do a Hanso impression. "Lost is the best show on TV, son" The thing is, I would agree with Hanso.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/14/2008 7:44:55 AM

Here is what Jordan wrote about Red Eagle in a blog on 8/22/07. The entire blog can be found at http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?p=88 "I hear things now and then floating out in the air. For instance, I hear that word was floating about ComicsCon in San Diego that I am displeased with Red Eagle. Too true. Too very true. In a few more months that last contract they have with anyone on God’s green earth that so much as mentions my name will come to an end and we can see what happens after that. You see, among other things they forgot an old dictum of LBJ back when he was just a Congressman from Texas, when he famously, or infamously, said “Don’t spit in the soup. boys. We all have to eat.†Worse, Red Eagle though they could tell me they spit in the soup, or pee in it, if they wanted to and there wasn’t anything I could do to stop them. You can’t apologize your way out of that with me, not that they tried. There isn’t enough money in the world to buy your way out of it with me. Not that they tried that either. So they get no further help from me. Once they are completely out of the picture, we’ll see what happens." It appears that Red Eagle loosing the rights never came to fruition though.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/14/2008 7:30:01 AM

I must have way more patience when it comes to reading than the average reader, because The Wheel of Time is my second favorite series. It is only behind Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy, which many people also complain is too slow. I'm not saying I never had problems with WOT, but I am probably more forgiving than some. I also feel the last book that came out was really good and got the series back on track.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />If I recall correctly, towards the end for Jordan, he spoke in his blog about how upset he was with Red Eagle. He had stated that the rights were going to revert back to him as well at some point. Don't recall all the details exactly as it was in a blog from last year or so, could probably go look it up at Dragonmount.com.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I would probably be excited about a movie or series, even though I think I would have big reservations about the quality.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Some of you haven't heard of the series, but every book in the series spent time on the best seller lists, with most being at number one. I would guess that it is the most successful fantasy series after LOTR and Potter, though I can't quantify that, like I said that is my guess.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />If you're exicted about Sam Raimi adapting Terry Goodkind's craptacular books, well WOT seems to be what Goodkind hamfistedly modeled his crappy series over.

New TV Spots for Diesel's BABYLON A.D (Article) - 8/11/2008 7:19:36 AM

I have to agree with Flint, Vin Diesel does appear to suck. There are some movies he has been in where his "suckiness" did not kill the movie, Saving Private Ryan for one. Yet, when he is the star, generally that means the movie is gonna suck or just be irrelevant.

Keitel Leads Department in LIFE ON MARS (Article) - 7/25/2008 10:20:25 AM

I just want to say that "Life on Mars" is one of my favorite David Bowie songs.

Matthew Fox Ready to Lead BILLY SMOKE (Article) - 7/1/2008 7:18:06 AM

An assassin who kills assassins? What they should do is a serial killer who kills other serial killers. Oh wait, Dexter beat them to it. Anyway this sounds like a rental. I like Matt Fox too, mainly due to Lost. Speaking of Party of Five, we all knew the hottness of Jennifer Hewitt and Neve Campbell, but who would have guessed Lacey Chabert would grow up to be such a hottie?

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA