All isgrimner's Comments

GTA IV Actors Complain on Salaries (Article) - 5/22/2008 8:53:32 AM

I don't know if I have much sympathy for the guy. GTA4 was going to sell like gang busters regardless of who did the voice work. There have been other games with steller voice acting, the Legacy of Kain series comes to mind, that weren't as succesfull, and it would be curious to see what those voice actors got paid for the sequels where they had become integral to the series. I feel the guy got paid well for what he contributed, and he is getting recognition on top of that. Perhaps he should have tried for a better deal up front.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/15/2008 7:29:04 AM

I think Rob Corddry is pretty funny. Still probably just a rental.

TV Wasteland: Fox â%u20AC%u0153Inkubatesâ%u20AC Animation (Article) - 5/13/2008 7:43:50 AM

Southpark is still my favorite of all the animated stuff. It just always seems that it is always fresh, funny, current, and poignent.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/13/2008 7:30:37 AM

Good episode, but Locke always seems to iritate me. I like him, and I like his episodes, but the way he expects everyone to believe in his destiny talk is what gets me. I mean if he wants Jack to believe in his destiny talk, perhaps he should share the fact that the island healed him. There have been clues of the island being "special" to the others, but I think most rational people would try to find logical answers to explain what is going on. Locke just expects them all to take his word for it. For many, if you take their point of view on what they have seen from Locke, it is understandable why they don't trust him. I think I am starting to agree with Hanso, about Claire being dead. I hope not, but it would explain Miles' sudden fasination with her to a point that Sawyer had to put the "restraining order" on him.

More Time to Get LOST (Article) - 5/9/2008 7:16:58 AM

Is it wrong to be glad that Cain failed so that Nestor Campbell was able to reprise his role as Richard Alpert? Apparently the Lost producers waited too long to sign him to a long term contract as they were not sure how they were going to use the character, and he signed on with Cain. Cain's producers and/or maybe CBS (I think) were not going to let him appear on another network. Their excuse was that they wanted viewers to associate him only with Cain. Hopefully the Lost powers that be, got him locked in for the duration. I'm happy because other than a few slow episodes to start season 3, Lost has been the best show on TV in my opinion.

Verbinski Gets BIOSHOCK (Article) - 5/9/2008 7:07:16 AM

I liked Bioshock and all, but I can't help but thinking it gets a little over rated. I do think the story was above average, and among most video game stories it does stand out as one of the better ones. I bought the game, beat it (got all the achievements) and traded it back in) scytheofluna, as far as Half-Life goes, I'm pretty sure that Valve has said they don't ever want to licence it for a movie. I believe they want the games to stand for themselves. Part of the reason they have never had Gordon Freeman talk, is that they want the player to feel part of the story. The Half-Life games are my favorites by the way.

Top Five Reasons Old-Fashioned Books Arenâ%u20AC%u2122t Going Away (Article) - 5/8/2008 7:39:43 AM

I still have a couple of years left, being in that "target" demographic, and I have been reading regularly for pleasure since I was about 13. I've undoubtedly spent a few thousand dollars in books in that time. I reread my favorite books multiple times and have had to replace many of them. I'm interested in e-readers, as a supplement to my book collection. I would like to be able to carry an entire book collection around with me. However, I am not ready to get one right now for various reasons. From the reviews I've read the Kindle needs to make a few design improvements. Apparently it is easy to accidentally turn the page, due to button placement. I also feel the Kindle is overpriced at $399, I would probably pay $200 for it. The biggest reason I am not jumping into e-books right now, is book selection is lacking. I also think Amazon's pricing model is a little broken. Ten dollars for a new release is fine, when compared to the hard back prices. I feel that it is too much for older releases, that you can buy cheaper in paperback. What I would really like is a complimentary e-book version when you buy a hard cover edition, because I still would prefer the hard cover to any other edition for collection purposes. Maybe in a few years as it evolves e-books will be more worth while to me, right now though, all it has done for me is piqued my interest.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen 20th Anniversary Edition (Article) - 4/22/2008 12:41:20 PM

I know there were some areas on the Blu-Ray where it brought out flaws in the production. One I'm thinking of is a sky shot, where you can clearly see that it is segments of painted sky glued to a wall, or something similar to that as you can see the joints of the different elements. ... Still I prefer the Blu-Ray because most of the movie does look better than my SD copy. I'm pretty sure the Blu-Ray also has a better audio track as well. I didn't have the box to see if they updated the audio as well, but it seemed to sound better on my home theater.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen 20th Anniversary Edition (Article) - 4/22/2008 7:40:50 AM

I know a lot of people who don't like this film and that generally kids won't like it. I was around 12 or 13 when the movie originally came out, and I liked it then. I own the regular DVD, and just rented the Blu-Ray version. I will most likely buy the Blu-Ray version and give my old DVD copy to my sister.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/31/2008 7:07:32 AM

I have The Burning Man trade, and it is pretty good. Then again, my screen name (with slight misspelling) is taken from a Tad Williams book, so I was predisposed to liking it. As far as Robert Jordan's work is concerned with The Dabel Bros, I think they were in partnership with Red Eagle Entertainment to do the New Spring comic. It never got finished (and I never got a refund for the unfinished issues) and in one of Jordan's last blog posts he mentioned that the rights to his works would soon transfer back to him. At least that seems to be what I recall him writing. I do know he was really dissapointed with Red Eagle.

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA