All isgrimner's Comments

Jaden Smith Leading New KARATE KID (Article) - 11/11/2008 7:29:19 AM

<p>I doubt I'll ever see it if they do remake it.&nbsp;</p> <p>Though with my name being Daniel and being a kid when the original came out, I expierienced being called Daniel-San for years and even still get the occaisional Daniel-San thrown my way.</p> <p>Sweep the leg!</p>

TV Wasteland: Let the LOST and Heroes Comparisons Begin (Article) - 11/11/2008 7:24:14 AM

<p>Iracors, that is the best way to watch Lost.&nbsp; No commercials, no waiting for the next episode.&nbsp; I did not watch Lost until the first two seasons were out on DVD.&nbsp; Beware though, once you start watching, you may not get a lot of sleep.&nbsp; It would be late at night with me having to work the next day, but I&nbsp;would say to myself that I can watch one more episode.&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

TV Wasteland: Let the LOST and Heroes Comparisons Begin (Article) - 11/10/2008 10:37:35 AM

<P itxtvisited="1">I have never really compared Lost to Heros.  I've always thought Lost was vastly superior.  I like Heros, but I don't think season 1 was as good as many thought it was, nor do I think the shortened season was really as bad as some thought.  </P><BR itxtvisited="1" /> <P itxtvisited="1">For me, Lost is just a fresher idea and more interesting.   Heros is too much like the X-Men comics, and while I like the X-Men comics a lot, Heros just seems like it has already been done before in my mind. Nothing about Heros really surprises me much.</P>

Universal Greenlights SMOKIN' ACES Prequel (Article) - 11/5/2008 12:34:00 PM

<p>I just seem to remember that like many other films, the previews/trailers &nbsp;were better than the actuall film turned out to be.&nbsp; I haven't lived with my parents in about 14 years, but even if I lived with them today in the basement, I am pretty sure I would still think of this movie as average at best.&nbsp;</p> <p>By the way, my lack of excitement for this movie has nothing to do with your ability to enjoy it.</p>

PIRATES 4 Prepares to Set Sail in 2012 (Article) - 11/5/2008 7:16:57 AM

<p>I think of Pirates like The Matrix, in that each got progressively worse than the previous film.&nbsp; The only thing is that I thought the first Matrix film was much better than the first Pirates film.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Universal Greenlights SMOKIN' ACES Prequel (Article) - 11/5/2008 7:13:57 AM

<p>I pretty sure I thought the first one was a disappointment.&nbsp; But seeing as I hardly remember anything about it, I'm going to have to say it was less than memorable.&nbsp; I'll probably skip any sequel/prequel version..</p>

Top Maniacal Rumors: Super Millar, Nolan's Return and Hellboy Ho-Tep (Article) - 10/31/2008 7:08:55 AM

<P itxtvisited="1">I'm 50/50 on the Hulk's deleted scenes.  Some of them would have worked if they stayed in.  I believe some of the deleted scenes just would have basically rambled on.  For instance the extended version of William Hurt and Tim Roth when they were talking about the super soldier project.   While the acting was good and it gave some info on Ross, I felt if it stayed in the movie it would have been a big speed bump for the pacing.</P><BR itxtvisited="1" /> Syxxblade, I have the BluRay too, I didn't try to watch it with deleted scenes intact. I don't think you can on this one though. Some Blu-rays have "seamless branching" which will allow you to different versions of a movie from the regular menu. I'm not sure if the Hulk uses this feature. <P itxtvisited="1"> </P><BR itxtvisited="1" /> <P itxtvisited="1">I'm not too happy about Bruce Campbell not doing the Bubba Ho Tep sequel, that's probably because we all seem to love Bruce.</P>

Mendes to give voice to PREACHER feature (Article) - 10/30/2008 11:42:50 AM

<p>I feel a Preacher movie would be a lot like True Romance with religion and a vampire thrown in.&nbsp; Two hours is just not enough time to do the story justice.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I for one enjoyed Preacher a whole lot more than Watchmen.&nbsp; Preacher and Transmetropolitan are my favorite comic series.</p>

CHUCK: Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer (Article) - 10/29/2008 6:56:21 AM

<p>I kept thinking that the Missle Command guy from King of Kong, Captian Awesome or something, probably was pretty pissed at how easy they made it look for Chuck to get the kill screen.</p>

ABC and iTunes Offers First 30 Minutes for Raimi's LEGEND (Article) - 10/28/2008 7:58:15 AM

<P itxtvisited="1">I'm gonna go ahead and disregard the "If you don't have anything nice to say...." thing and rag on this.  It astounds me that of all the good properties that could be done, this craptacular series is being made.  I don't even know how I made it through the first four books of the series before giving it up.  Mainly because I like to finish what I start, but I could only take so much punishment.</P>

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA