All isgrimner's Comments

ABC Reveals Next Promo for LOST (Article) - 12/19/2008 7:09:31 AM

<p>As big a fan of Lost as I am, I still haven't watched any of the promos for season 5.&nbsp; They don't have to try and sell me to watch. I'm definetely going to watch, record on the DVR, and eventually buy the Blu-Rays of the upcoming season.&nbsp;</p> <p>I just bought Season 4 on Blu, and am rewatching them now.&nbsp; When I finish them, I will have all the season 5 promos to watch, and shortly thereafter the actual new episodes to watch.&nbsp; Though then, it will be back to the week long wait between episodes. &nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/9/2008 7:25:43 AM

<p>I have to chime in on any Lost thread, because like Hobbs and Hanso, I believe it is far and away the best show on TV.&nbsp;</p> <p>I will be buying the Season 4 Blu-Ray this week.&nbsp; I ususually try to rewatch the whole series before the new one starts.&nbsp; I don't know if I'll have time this year.&nbsp; I may just rewatch season 4 again.</p> <p>Speaking of the Blu-Ray version though, here is a tidbit regarding season 1 and 2 on Blu.&nbsp; Read the second paragraph at <a href="http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa162.html#hold">http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa162.html#hold</a></p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/4/2008 7:16:49 AM

<p>Its strange how much our tastes differ.</p> <p>The top of my list for overrated is Terry Goodkind.&nbsp; In my opinion, calling him a craptastic hack without original ideas, would probably be overrating his talents.&nbsp; I pushed on through 4 of his books, because don't like to quit reading once I start.&nbsp; Still it is the only series I have ever given up on.</p> <p>Unlike a lot of people I like Robert Jordan.&nbsp; I do have a few issues with parts of the books, but I still enjoy the whole.&nbsp; Then again I like the huge complex stories.&nbsp;</p> <p>While I liked David Eddings when I was a teenager.&nbsp; I don't think I could read him again now.&nbsp; His dialogue was really starting to get on my nerves as I got older.&nbsp;</p> <p>I've read a lot of the authors mentioned.&nbsp; I have not read Martin yet, though I do have A&nbsp;Game of Thrones at home.&nbsp; I'm going to try holding off until more of his series is published, as I really hate the wait between books.&nbsp; I've went through that with Jordan (14 when I started that series and now 32)&nbsp; and Tad Williams (who is my favorite).&nbsp; From all the praise Martin gets, I'm thinking I'll like his series and then hate the wait.</p>

ABC Cancels ELI STONE and PUSHING DAISIES (Article) - 11/24/2008 7:42:04 AM

<p>I'm pretty dissappointed about Pushing Daisies getting cancelled.&nbsp; It was a fun visual treat.&nbsp; It was pretty much the only thing I watched on Wednesday.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p> <p>I watched Eli Stone last season &amp; thought it was ok.&nbsp; I haven't caught any of this season yet, so I guess I'm to blame too.&nbsp;</p> <p>The odds are against new shows anymore.&nbsp;&nbsp; I don't know how craptastic shows like Knight Rider stay on, while My Own Worst Enemy, Pushing Daisies, &amp; Eli Stone get the axe.</p> <p>So far, Life on Mars is the only new show I watch that may make it to a season 2.</p>

Fox planning X-MEN: FIRST CLASS film (Article) - 11/20/2008 8:50:50 AM

<P>mckracken, I believe FLINT 's comment " If Singer hadn't <STRONG>jumped ship </STRONG>we wouldn't be force fed a Heros meets The O.C. reboot." is just stating that he left the X franchise for Superman.</P><BR /> <P /> </P><BR /> <P />I wouldn't be as phyched about a Wolverine'less X-Men.  That's just me, because I understand a lot of people like it that way.  I just don't really like the originals as a team that much.  I really don't like Cyclops and Angel.  Beast is probably the one I like best out of the orignals</P> I also did not mind Sky High. I expected it to be about what it was.

R.I.P.D., MAD TV, Watchmen and Toon news (Article) - 11/13/2008 1:19:39 PM

<p>I actually don't remember the last episode I have seen.&nbsp; I haven't seen any newer ones, so maybe it did get funny again &amp; I just didn't know.&nbsp;</p>

R.I.P.D., MAD TV, Watchmen and Toon news (Article) - 11/13/2008 7:22:40 AM

<p>As far as Mad TV goes, it hasn't really been good in as much as I have senn of it since Will Saso left.&nbsp; Kenny Rogers Jackass, anyone?</p>

Del Toro Won't Cast HOBBIT Until Script is Done (Article) - 11/13/2008 7:18:01 AM

<p>Dazzler here is a little info on the LOTR blu-rays.&nbsp; <a href="http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#111108">http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#111108</a>&nbsp; I used that site a lot during the format war, and they proved to be pretty acurate.&nbsp;</p> <p>I can see both sides of the delayed casting.&nbsp; On one side I think the books provide you with all you really need to know about the characters, and unless you plan on changing it quite a bit (bad idea) then you could start choosing actors.</p> <p>On the other hand, maybe you should concentrate fully on getting a good script together and not distracting yourself with trying to do too much at once.&nbsp;</p> <p>I also hope they don't expand characters roles too much just to include certain actors, *cough Kate Blanchet &amp; Live Tyler.</p>

NBC Cancels Slater's MY OWN WORST ENEMY (Article) - 11/13/2008 7:09:29 AM

<P>This does suck.  Wiseguy, True Romance is one of my favorite films, not just my favorite Slater film.  I's say its in my top 10 or 15.</P><BR /> <P />I didn't think Enemy was the best show, but I liked it and found it enjoyable to watch.   The premise was a little shaky, but I could overlook that.   It also seemed like they tried to mix in a little comedy and not make it as intense as 24 for example.  I think they probably should have stuck to a more serious tone and let any comedic moments develope a little more naturally.</P><BR /> <P />I would have liked to continue watching the show.  As it and Life on Mars are the only new shows this year that I have watched regularly.</P>

Jaden Smith Leading New KARATE KID (Article) - 11/11/2008 7:29:19 AM

<p>I doubt I'll ever see it if they do remake it.&nbsp;</p> <p>Though with my name being Daniel and being a kid when the original came out, I expierienced being called Daniel-San for years and even still get the occaisional Daniel-San thrown my way.</p> <p>Sweep the leg!</p>

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA