All isgrimner's Comments

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 1/8/2008 10:52:14 AM

If they push the remaining 8 episodes to make next season a full 24, what do they do when they release on DVD/Blu-Ray? Do they call this Season 4 of Lost and charge a different price? Do they call it season 3.5 or some other name. I was already curious to the pricing structure when it was going to be 16 episode season versus 22 episodes. Also didn't I hear earlier that there was a huge cliff hanger episode already shot?

Braveheart: Special 2 Disc Collector's Edition (Article) - 1/8/2008 8:31:25 AM

Braveheart was the first movie I ever saw twice in the theater. I got bored and watched it by myself. Later I went with friends and actually had to convince them to watch Braveheart. I have the original DVD release, but I won't buy again unless it does come out on Blu-Ray. There are already rumors that Paramount has an out clause in their contract that stipulated that if Warner switchs to Blu exclusive they could also end their HD DVD exclusive agreement. Source http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/01/07/paramount-following-warner-out-the-hd-dvd-door/

Update: WB Is Now Blu-Ray Exclusive, HD-DVD Responds (Article) - 1/5/2008 6:22:31 PM

Merin, you're entitled to your opinions but you don't speak for everyone. I am a Blu-Ray owner. I am not rich but I don't live paycheck to paycheck by any means. I enjoy home theater and video games and have the disposable income to support it. So I have a HDTV set up and I think it is awesome, but that is me. I much prefer my 360 for games, but I still think my PS3 is an awesome entertainment device. It is most certainly not a POS. I am of the opinion that only one standard format ultimately will be what is best for consumers. I'm a fan of the content, not the format. I believe with one format we will eventually get more HD content. I also don't think digital HD downloads is as close a reality as many seem to think. The quality of current HD downloads are no where near Blu-Ray or HD DVD. They are compressed more to decrease file size, so the video and audio is inferior. Even at the current file sizes they will require quite a large amount of bandwidth if used regularly by enough people. Downloads will still require equipment in some form. Many consumers want a physical media that they can easilly transport. I also would be more wary of DRM on downloaded content. The main issue with downloading HD content, is the availability of broadband throughout the country. Many people live in rural areas where there is not a viable form of broadband availble to them.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/4/2008 7:15:49 AM

I was wondering why everything seemed vaguely familiar as I was reading the article. Then I read that it was from Cracked.com Seems like this was posted there quite a long time ago.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/31/2007 9:15:42 AM

All these type lists are always subjective, that's why I always take them with a grain of salt. On my list Tolkien would be #3. I never really read untill an 8th grade english teacher overheard me good naturedly ribbing a classmate for reading The Hobbit. She choose that as the next book we were going to read, and I got hooked on reading because of it. So I do like Tolkien a lot. However, my list would not be based on who accomplished more, rather I would base it entirely on who I enjoyed reading more. After multiple re-reads, my list would still go Williams, Jordan, then Tolkien.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/31/2007 7:29:00 AM

I think you'll catch a lot of flack for putting Jordan at number one on your book list. I don't have a problem with it though as it is number two on my list, only behind Tad Williams' Memory Sorrow and Thorn trilogy. I'm sure many will have near apoplexy at you putting Jordan ahead of Tolkien. Tolkein may have gotten me to start reading the genre years ago, but I'd rather read Williams or Jordan now. As for the rest of the book list, I have never read any of the Harry Potter books, and have no desire to do so. I'm interested and will read Martin, I'm just trying to wait till everything is published so I can read it all in one go. On the games list, I agree with The Orange Box, mainly because Half-Life is my favorite game of all time. Portal was incredibly cool too. By the way is this written by Pat the Original Lemming from Westeros who writes Pat's Fantasy Hotlist? If so that is cool, 'cause everybody should know that Goodkind is a hack.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/16/2007 4:16:09 PM

Just got done watching the 3rd season of Lost on Blu-Ray and it was pretty nice. The image quality was so good that at one point I caught Charlie breaking the small E string on his guitar and could see the string pretty clearly. Just like when I watched it on TV, I can't wait for the new episodes. I concur with NotAFan's quote, "D*** you stike! D*** you to H3LL!"

BOURNE ULTIMATUM (Article) - 12/10/2007 9:00:10 AM

The Bourne movies are the movies that tempt me into possibly buying an HD DVD player. I am a Blu-Ray owner and would rather stay with one format, but the Bourne movies make me waiver in that conviction.

Fivesome Cast For Apatow's YEAR ONE (Article) - 12/6/2007 9:36:49 AM

Lets see. I have liked most of what I have seen from Apatow. I like Jack Black, and usually even watch his stinkers, even when I suspect before hand that they will be bad. I feel the same way about Dave Cross as JB. Mr. Show was awesome. Oliver Platt is a talanted actor who makes the most of all his roles, even the crappy ones, ie. that wrestling movie with Scott Caan and David Arquette. Micheal Sera, good in Arrested Development, good in Superbad. He did some funny stuff on the DVD extras portions of Knocked Up and Superbad. Vinnie Jones made a better transition from pro sports to acting than most atheletes. I think I've only seen 4 films he has been in, and he was above average in all of them. Christopher Mintz-Plasse made his debut in Superbad, and pretty much stole the show, so he is good to go for now. I don't know who Juno Temple is. So I will at least pay attention to this as it gets developed further. Rather than saying it looks like it is going to suck with the limited info I've read about it.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/5/2007 9:41:15 AM

Like Hanso, I wonder if a shot to the head would kill Adam. After all, Claire's blood brought HRG/Noah back from a shot to the head, right through the eye. Granted Claire and Adam's powers may be a little different, but they have shown that blood from either of them can heal others. I also agree with sportwarrior, Maya is freaking hot. When she first got shot, I thought it was a cheap way to appease fans that hated her. I guess I never felt that hate for the character, but I also did not overly like her either. I fine if she stays and gets developed.

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA