All isgrimner's Comments

Character Returns from Dead in LOST (Article) - 8/27/2008 8:09:11 AM

If Wiseguy is going to do a NotAFan interpretation, then I'm going to do a Hanso impression. "Lost is the best show on TV, son" The thing is, I would agree with Hanso.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/14/2008 7:44:55 AM

Here is what Jordan wrote about Red Eagle in a blog on 8/22/07. The entire blog can be found at http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?p=88 "I hear things now and then floating out in the air. For instance, I hear that word was floating about ComicsCon in San Diego that I am displeased with Red Eagle. Too true. Too very true. In a few more months that last contract they have with anyone on God’s green earth that so much as mentions my name will come to an end and we can see what happens after that. You see, among other things they forgot an old dictum of LBJ back when he was just a Congressman from Texas, when he famously, or infamously, said “Don’t spit in the soup. boys. We all have to eat.†Worse, Red Eagle though they could tell me they spit in the soup, or pee in it, if they wanted to and there wasn’t anything I could do to stop them. You can’t apologize your way out of that with me, not that they tried. There isn’t enough money in the world to buy your way out of it with me. Not that they tried that either. So they get no further help from me. Once they are completely out of the picture, we’ll see what happens." It appears that Red Eagle loosing the rights never came to fruition though.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/14/2008 7:30:01 AM

I must have way more patience when it comes to reading than the average reader, because The Wheel of Time is my second favorite series. It is only behind Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy, which many people also complain is too slow. I'm not saying I never had problems with WOT, but I am probably more forgiving than some. I also feel the last book that came out was really good and got the series back on track.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />If I recall correctly, towards the end for Jordan, he spoke in his blog about how upset he was with Red Eagle. He had stated that the rights were going to revert back to him as well at some point. Don't recall all the details exactly as it was in a blog from last year or so, could probably go look it up at Dragonmount.com.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I would probably be excited about a movie or series, even though I think I would have big reservations about the quality.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Some of you haven't heard of the series, but every book in the series spent time on the best seller lists, with most being at number one. I would guess that it is the most successful fantasy series after LOTR and Potter, though I can't quantify that, like I said that is my guess.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />If you're exicted about Sam Raimi adapting Terry Goodkind's craptacular books, well WOT seems to be what Goodkind hamfistedly modeled his crappy series over.

New TV Spots for Diesel's BABYLON A.D (Article) - 8/11/2008 7:19:36 AM

I have to agree with Flint, Vin Diesel does appear to suck. There are some movies he has been in where his "suckiness" did not kill the movie, Saving Private Ryan for one. Yet, when he is the star, generally that means the movie is gonna suck or just be irrelevant.

Keitel Leads Department in LIFE ON MARS (Article) - 7/25/2008 10:20:25 AM

I just want to say that "Life on Mars" is one of my favorite David Bowie songs.

Matthew Fox Ready to Lead BILLY SMOKE (Article) - 7/1/2008 7:18:06 AM

An assassin who kills assassins? What they should do is a serial killer who kills other serial killers. Oh wait, Dexter beat them to it. Anyway this sounds like a rental. I like Matt Fox too, mainly due to Lost. Speaking of Party of Five, we all knew the hottness of Jennifer Hewitt and Neve Campbell, but who would have guessed Lacey Chabert would grow up to be such a hottie?

NO HERO #0 (Article) - 7/1/2008 7:05:39 AM

I likes me some Warren Ellis, so I'll be checking this out.

WOLVERINE Ready for War in New Set Pics (Article) - 6/12/2008 8:40:58 AM

Like Moz72, I remember reading an interview of Glenn Danzig by Stephen King's wife, sometime in the early 90's, where he mentioned he had been approached to play Wolverine and that he would do it if the script was good. I doubt he would have been good in the role though. I saw him in the Prophecy 2, he played an arch-angel or demon and I think his lines consisted of just a couple words, and not very well done. He also is probably an asshole, since the Misfits went through like 20 members in just a couple years. A few years later, I read that Russel Crowe turned down the role because he felt the character was too similar to the Bud White character he had just finished in LA Confidential. Then came Dougray Scott, who I felt was a horrible choice. Hugh Jackman will work for me even though the height is off. If they ever recast, maybe they could take a look at Scott Caan after he ages a few more years. He seems short and stocky enough. Though I don't know if I have seen many of films, so I don't know where his acting talents truly are, but his dad is a good actor so maybe he has some of that.

Raimi Wants to Direct SPIDER-MAN 4? (Article) - 6/6/2008 7:05:09 AM

Anything that has the possibility of delaying the craptastic Sword of Truth books from being adapted is ok with me.

Top Maniacal Rumors: Spidey Confusion, Mandrake Mistakes & Office Robots (Article) - 5/30/2008 1:04:18 PM

Hanso, gotta agree with you about Lost rocking last night, I can't share your joy for the Lakers beating the Spurs. I know a lot of people don't like San Antonio's style of ball but they are the team I adopted when I got into basketball, (no team in St. Louis). I got into the NBA when I was in the Navy and liked the Spurs because of David Robinson and Dennis Rodman, it was in '95 I believe. Now back to Lost, the best show in the history of TV as far as I'm concerned. possible SPOILERS follow. Do you think Ben with the crowbar was a shout out to Half-Life? They share a few common themes, and the Half-Life devs actaully placed a Dharma style logo in HL2 Ep 2 screen shot at http://kotaku.com/gaming/easter-egg/lost-found-in-half life-2-310606.php As far as Marvel staying away from the R rating, I guess I'm fine with it. Mainly because the one character I would like to see get an R rated movie would never happen. That would be the Wolverine movie. Wolverine is really an R rated character, but is just too popular to lose the under 17 viewers.

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA