All isgrimner's Comments

ABC Cancels MARS (Article) - 3/5/2009 9:21:26 AM

This sucks.  I clearly must not be "demographic" as just about any hour long show I watch ends up getting cancelled lately, ror instance Jericho, Pushing Daisies, and now Life on Mars.

NEVERENDING Will Reboot (Article) - 2/27/2009 11:37:50 AM

mlauson

I had to look it up but I think the ninja movie was Ninja 3: The Domination.   It looks like It was the sequel to Revenge of the Ninja.  It had a chick get possessed by a ninja.  While I thought it was awesome at the age of 8 or so, I'm sure it is really crap.

I suppose I haven't watched NES in many years too, so maybe it is a little dated.   We'll see what they do with it, I guess.

jedi4sshield

I hope they don't mess with Labrynthe.  Mainly because I don't think anybody would measure up to Bowie.  I'm pretty sure he wrote the songs for the movie, and I don't want to see some American Idol-esque crap singer over singing them.

TOTAL RECALL Remake Confirmed (Article) - 2/26/2009 7:08:26 AM

I might as well get ready for the enevitable remakes of Braveheart, Shawshank Redemption, etc.

NEVERENDING Will Reboot (Article) - 2/26/2009 6:59:00 AM

This was the first movie I ever watched on a VCR.  VCR rentals had just become available in my small town and my dad rented this along with a ninja movie and Dirty Harry I think.  We started with Neverending Story, as I dont think I was allowed to watch Dirty Harry at that age.  I did get to watch the ninja movie, which turned out way more violent than Dirty Harry.

I'm sure I will be disappointed in a remake.

Lost: 316 (Article) - 2/20/2009 7:20:20 AM

I am actually worried that Ben may have suceeded in killing Penny.  I'm pretty sure Desmond will end up back on the island.  Didn't Hawking tell Des that the island wasn't done with him?  His response was along the lines that he was done with it.

If the O6 had to try and recreate the way they got to the island by flight.  Perhaps Des will have to recreate his original arrival, by boat.   We know he has a sailboat.  If Ben did kill Penny, then that would give Desmond a revenge motive to seek out the island.

I hope I'm wrong, and that Penny survived.  I still believe Desmond is going back by boat though.  I just hope his reason for doing so is something else.

Keanu Reeves to go Bebop for Spike? (Article) - 12/23/2008 7:07:01 AM

<p>I gotta agree almost totally with Whiskeymovie.&nbsp; Anime is just not my thing.&nbsp; Keanu is not as horrible as his reputation.&nbsp; Many of his movies are enjoyable.&nbsp;</p>

MOVIE REVIEW- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Article) - 12/19/2008 7:57:56 AM

<p>I am getting more tired of Cate Blanchett than I am of Brad Pitt.&nbsp; She just seems to get on my nerves anymore for some reason.&nbsp;&nbsp; My agigitation to her is probably due to over-exposure, it seemed to have started with all the press for I'm Not There, and her doing Bob Dylan.&nbsp; It seemed rediculous to me, and that they just wanted to garner attention on the gender switch.&nbsp;</p>

ABC Reveals Next Promo for LOST (Article) - 12/19/2008 7:09:31 AM

<p>As big a fan of Lost as I am, I still haven't watched any of the promos for season 5.&nbsp; They don't have to try and sell me to watch. I'm definetely going to watch, record on the DVR, and eventually buy the Blu-Rays of the upcoming season.&nbsp;</p> <p>I just bought Season 4 on Blu, and am rewatching them now.&nbsp; When I finish them, I will have all the season 5 promos to watch, and shortly thereafter the actual new episodes to watch.&nbsp; Though then, it will be back to the week long wait between episodes. &nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/9/2008 7:25:43 AM

<p>I have to chime in on any Lost thread, because like Hobbs and Hanso, I believe it is far and away the best show on TV.&nbsp;</p> <p>I will be buying the Season 4 Blu-Ray this week.&nbsp; I ususually try to rewatch the whole series before the new one starts.&nbsp; I don't know if I'll have time this year.&nbsp; I may just rewatch season 4 again.</p> <p>Speaking of the Blu-Ray version though, here is a tidbit regarding season 1 and 2 on Blu.&nbsp; Read the second paragraph at <a href="http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa162.html#hold">http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa162.html#hold</a></p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/4/2008 7:16:49 AM

<p>Its strange how much our tastes differ.</p> <p>The top of my list for overrated is Terry Goodkind.&nbsp; In my opinion, calling him a craptastic hack without original ideas, would probably be overrating his talents.&nbsp; I pushed on through 4 of his books, because don't like to quit reading once I start.&nbsp; Still it is the only series I have ever given up on.</p> <p>Unlike a lot of people I like Robert Jordan.&nbsp; I do have a few issues with parts of the books, but I still enjoy the whole.&nbsp; Then again I like the huge complex stories.&nbsp;</p> <p>While I liked David Eddings when I was a teenager.&nbsp; I don't think I could read him again now.&nbsp; His dialogue was really starting to get on my nerves as I got older.&nbsp;</p> <p>I've read a lot of the authors mentioned.&nbsp; I have not read Martin yet, though I do have A&nbsp;Game of Thrones at home.&nbsp; I'm going to try holding off until more of his series is published, as I really hate the wait between books.&nbsp; I've went through that with Jordan (14 when I started that series and now 32)&nbsp; and Tad Williams (who is my favorite).&nbsp; From all the praise Martin gets, I'm thinking I'll like his series and then hate the wait.</p>

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA