All isgrimner's Comments

Hannibal: Mukozuke Review (Article) - 3/31/2014 10:54:26 AM

I, too, was thinking about all the glass and hardware to create the display.  Along with the transporting of the materials and time to create it.  Hannible doesn't strike me as someone who owns a truck.    Its probably time for the FBI to install some remote closed circuit cameras on that observatory.    I let the logic of the set up slide as slightly lazy writing, because the rest of the episode was pretty good.

I really hope they get to stay on air long enough to at least do Red Dragon.

Hannibal: Takiawase Review (Article) - 3/25/2014 10:17:48 AM

Found the show through season one being available on Amazon Prime streaming.  Now its one of the shows I look forward to the most.

Regarding NBC getting away with pushing the limits as much as they do, I believe I read that some of their affiliates have dropped it or moved it to an even later time due to complaints.   I believe those were in Utah with the large religious populations out there.

Super Bowl 2014 Trailers (Article) - 2/3/2014 1:16:49 PM

At the beginning of that 24 trailer, I thought it was going to be a continuation of that Jaguar English villains ad that came up earlier.   so when "Jack Bauer" appeared on screen I was pretty surprised.   Or it could be that "Jack" saw the Jaguar commercial and that was the end of him taking out the three English villains.

Preacher TV Pilot for AMC (Article) - 11/18/2013 11:44:52 AM

I'd love Preacher on HBO, Showtime, Starz, or Netflix.  Like most here seem to think, I don't think AMC would be able to do it with out a lot of trimming of the graphic insanity in the books.   I think it would lose a lot of its bite.   I also don't think AMC would have the budget to do the effects well.    As far as actors?  I know when I first read the series, I thought of Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette a lot, becase of True Romance but they probably too old.  I know at one point in one of the previous incarnations, James Marsden was supposedly attached to play Jesse, like him but not for that role.

OLDBOY: Josh Brolin Transformation Featurette (Article) - 10/24/2013 7:11:29 AM

I think Oldboy came out early on BluRay during the last format wars, and I heard about it then so I watched it and came away unimpressed.   Maybe it would have worked for me as an episode of Twilight Zone or similar short but I think the plot was so far out there (at least for Western Culture) that I just couldn't get into it.

Beorn: Hobbit 2 First Look (Article) - 10/7/2013 7:20:41 AM

I'm sure the studio and Jackson will need to break Beorn's appearances down into 3 more separate movies before continuing on.  $$$$

DEXTER: Remember the Monsters? (Article) - 9/24/2013 12:15:23 PM

Just got done watching it and was dissapointed.   I agree there were a lot scenes where logic or believability had to be put aside to advance the plot.   Though I think when Quinn said "Looks like self defence to me," was more along the lines of "that piese of sh!t needed to die, so I don't care how it happened.  We look after our own."

After Dexter dumped Deb, I thought  he might either cut his own wrists or neck and end in a pool of his blood, since the blood was a big obsession for him.

Normally you would think Miami Metro would suspect Dexter of being alive and start looking for him.  Elway is eventaully going to come to, and notify law inforcement that Hanna was fleeing with Harrison, thus tying Dexter to her and making the lack of finding his body suspect.  But, they show the cops to be inept at times so maybe they never piece it together.

On the final scene, I was half- expecting to see Dexter to kill an innocent.  That he now is a total monster with no compass.  Not even that, just a blank stare.  Maybe they did that as if to leave it up to the viewer.  A very Sopranos like ending, and we know how well that went over.

Looks like the best show endings I can think of off the top of my head are MASH and The Office.  I guess Fringe ended ok considering they were not sure if they were getting that final season.   If Supernatural had ended at its original ending of season five like planned it would have been good.  It really is hard for for great shows to come up with a good ending since so many have failed.

TV Wasteland: "His name was Phil..." (Article) - 9/23/2013 7:28:37 AM

Wonder if its going to be weird that SHIELD won't be able to use mutants at all due to the licensing issues.  I read that they won't even mention mutants in the show.

New Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer (Article) - 9/2/2013 12:59:23 PM

I rented Arkham Asylum, but bought the Game of the Year edition of Arkham City with all the extra content.  May do that for this one too.

TV Wasteland: Farewell Futurama (Article) - 9/2/2013 12:56:53 PM

Go Rams!  Big sports fan here too.

Just watched several eps of Futurama off the DVR a few days ago.  It was the fan's favorites and all were pretty good choices.  I don't think I've watched the Simpsons in many years.

I would have to say it was Cartoon Network playing syndicated eps of Futurama and getting good ratings that probably had something to do with it coming back.

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA