All isgrimner's Comments

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary Review (Article) - 10/15/2014 7:20:34 AM

A lot of problems could be solved if they updated the commment section coding and a few moderators.   Use UBB boards that allow for hidden spoilers that you have to highlight to read, and then mods who can delete/edit posts.  I guess money at Mania could be tight though.  I remember during the Cinescape days when there was actually a print edition.

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary Review (Article) - 10/13/2014 12:37:27 PM

My dvr picked up the intro to Talking Dead, which I normally don't watch, but when I saw it was going to be Conan, I decided to look for the replay and set my DVR to record it.  Haven't watched it yet but will later.  I watched one when Andrew Lincoln was on and one with Yvette Nichole Brown (aka Shirley from Community) and I think Norman Reedus.

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary Review (Article) - 10/13/2014 10:06:23 AM

Pretty good ep.  I normal queue up several episodes so I can binge them, but decided I didn't want to wait.  I suppose we aren't done with all the Terminus peeps as the leader (Gareth or Garret?) was only shot in the leg.  I'm sure they'll be back later in the season, maybe the half-season finale?

I read some of the comics, but only up past this point to the next major city but its been a while so I don't remember the details.  This show deviates pretty far so it doesn't matter anyway.

I have to agree about the firework shot  igniting the gas cloud being unlikely.  Though as one who was a teenager who did idiotic things, such as bottle rocket wars with friends, it is not out of the realm of possibility.   As I have been hit and have hit people at slightly shorter distances than shown.  Though we're talking one in ten or fifeteen shots.  Though I guess the gas cloud is a much bigger target than a person and that was a much larger firework than a bottle rocket.

Mania Exclusive Interview: Katharine Isabelle from NBC%u2019s Hannibal (Article) - 9/10/2014 8:45:18 AM

I thought she did an excellent job on the show.  In fact, I can't really think of any weak performances on this show.  The people in charge of casting choose actors well.  It doesn't really have anything to do with her performance, but yeah, I find her pretty attractive too.

One of my current favorite shows and hope it continues on for a at least a few more seasons.

The Walking Dead: "Never Let Your Guard Down" Trailer (Article) - 9/8/2014 2:38:21 PM

I could be wrong but I don't think there would have been a fine, since it is a cable channel.  Even Comedy Central, at times (usually very late)  will air uncut version of the South Park movie with all the profanity.  I think they self-censored.  I've read that AMC put Breaking Bad on a quota of using the f-word at only once per season.

Either way, while I usually save the first half of the new seasons of Walking Dead until the Spring half of the season starts, I don't think I'll be able to hold off this year.

Horrible Bosses 2 - "Ransom Note" Trailer (Article) - 9/8/2014 11:08:55 AM

Big fan of the Dayman, so I'll watch it.

The Walking Dead: "Never Let Your Guard Down" Trailer (Article) - 9/8/2014 11:01:48 AM

It won't let me add the web address for the video, but if you search for

This Walking Dead Threat Sounds Way Better When Rick Grimes Drops An F-Bomb

you should find it.

The Walking Dead: "Never Let Your Guard Down" Trailer (Article) - 9/8/2014 10:56:04 AM

The series is up and down for me, but it is currently at an UP.  Can't wait for the return and for the Terminus people to find out who they've been Screwing with.  Wait, was it screwing or messing with, I can't remember.    Anybody see the more releastic outtake version where they let Rick use the f word instead of screwing?   Had a lot more weight.  Yahoo had posted the video of that version a few weeks ago.   The fact that AMC didn't let them use the f word has me a little fearfull of how much they will neuter Preacher.

The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Revealed! (Article) - 9/8/2014 10:54:50 AM

@ death4sale,  Yahoo posted a the edited scene in a new story a few weeks ago.

The Fall of '84: Ninja III: The Domination (Article) - 9/8/2014 10:51:11 AM

This or the Never Ending Story were the first movies I ever watched on a VCR.  My small podunk town had just got a VCR rental place and those two movies were amongst the first my dad rented.

ISGRIMNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA