All jackwagon's Comments

R2-D2 Confirmed for Episode VII (Article) - 11/20/2013 9:59:01 AM

BREAKING NEWS: The sun is expected to rise in the east tomorrow morning.

Star Wars Rebels Teaser (Article) - 10/8/2013 6:40:30 AM

If I wanted to watch 15 seconds of nothing I'd have stared at a blank wall.

Jack Ryan Might Change Release Dates (Article) - 9/25/2013 9:37:22 AM

I was wondering what was going on with Jack Ryan.  I was really surprised that nothing so much as a poster had been revealed for the film, much less a trailer with only 3 months to go until its release.

Now that Paramount is considering bumping it to January, I wonder if they expect it to stink.

Carrie Gets R Rating! (Article) - 9/24/2013 11:27:19 AM

What difference does it make whether a film is R or PG-13 nowadays?  Do people not stop to think about just how much a PG-13 can get away with now?  Save a few f-bombs and nudity, what mature subject matter or elements can you find in an R-rated film that you can't find in a PG-13 film?

To further make my point, I bet you can't guess what the following films all had in common:

Skyfall

Drag Me to Hell

The Dark Knight Trilogy

Life of Pi

Taken

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Insidious

TV Wasteland: "His name was Phil..." (Article) - 9/23/2013 4:55:48 AM

SyFy airs a Friday the 13th marathon on a Sunday.  Because that makes a boat load of sense.

Star Trek: Into Darkness Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 9/16/2013 11:07:37 AM

doublec,

I think the point Walker was trying to make - and I agree with him - is that John Harrison/Khan's true identity isn't relevant to anything else in the film.  The fact that he is Khan doesn't mean anything to anyone if the audience isn't familiar with Wrath of Khan, which is precisely why I had hoped Harrison was going to be an entirely original character.  I didn't want a reinvention of Khan because that would be solely fan service; this villain could be slapped with any name at all besides Khan, and the movie would be exactly the same.  His connection to the original Star Trek mythology was only done to please the fans, and not be involved with telling a new story.

On another note, I've read online that this Blu-Ray has been designed and shipped with "exclusive" special features to various retailers, so consumers will have to purchase about 5 copies of the Blu-Ray in order to get all the special features completed for the discs.  For instance, Best Buy's version will have some of these documentaries and audio commentaries, while Target's version will have other behind the scenes looks and interviews.  This marketing tactic is such garbage.  I sincerely hope this doesn't become a trend in the Blu-Ray market.

TV Wasteland: The Hollow Crown (Article) - 9/16/2013 10:59:04 AM

In Time was absolutely atrocious.  It's one of those movies where I couldn't get past the premise at all.  Why would society decide that it's a good idea to convert all currency into amounts of time?  How could science figure out a way to beat biology and make everyone stop aging at 25?  Just how long has society been living this way?  Is the entire world like this, or did it only affect America?  (That final question, depending on its answer, opens all kinds of doors for further questions)

The movie was so ham-fisted with its ideas about class struggles and the economy that it annoyed me from the very beginning.  Science fiction films certainly can be - and have been - used as allegories to talk about social issues, but I don't need to be preached to with the subtlety of being hit across the face with a 2 x 4.

The Art of the Steal Trailer (Article) - 9/9/2013 11:36:13 AM

Could be good, but I swear I saw this movie when it was called Ocean's Eleven.

Episode VII Title?! (Article) - 9/9/2013 11:35:14 AM

I guess A New Dawn is completely different than all the previous old dawns that came before it.

TV Wasteland: Fall is Here. (Article) - 9/9/2013 7:03:27 AM

Ragin Cajun Redne - wha...?

I give up.