All jackwagon's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

THE WICKER MAN: FINAL CUT Release (Article) - 8/27/2013 4:52:15 AM

Is it too much to ask for an extended cut of the Neil LaBute version with Nicolas Cage?

Enders Game: Main Trailer (Article) - 8/7/2013 5:40:56 AM

Ford's voice does indeed sound terrible.  I'm pretty surprised the studio used the same narration in this trailer from the first trailer released for the film.

If that wasn't piss poor marketing enough, consider this: the final poster pictured above is merely the reverse image from the "teaser" poster.  Talk about lazy.

TV Wasteland: Too Darn Hot (Article) - 7/29/2013 11:36:42 AM

The Island is egregiously underrated.  It's the only Michael Bay film that's actually somewhat concerned with telling a story, and if you can get past all the rabid product placement it's well worth watching.

NEW X-Men Days of Future Past Posters (Article) - 7/23/2013 11:38:20 AM

Those have to be some of the best posters I've seen for any movie in years.

Sharknado Sequel Happening (Article) - 7/17/2013 1:00:21 PM

Sharknado 2?

I......I give up.

TV Wasteland: The Summer Rolls On (Article) - 7/15/2013 8:55:58 AM

It's pretty pathetic to think that SciFi used to have some pretty great programming like Battlestar Galactica, First Wave, and lots of anime films.....and now we get stuff like Sharknado.  I miss the good ol' days of SciFi before it became SyFy (or Siffee, as I like to call it).

TV Wasteland: Another Farewell for Richard Matheson (Article) - 7/1/2013 10:29:38 AM

lridan,

I absolutely hated T3.  I thought it was a complete rehash of the first Terminator movie, with none of the interesting character development or plot that T2 had (e.g. Sarah going after Miles Dyson, and the group blowing Cyberdyne the hell up).  The only good thing about T3 was its ending.  That was an ending with balls.  But a good final 10 minutes does not make up for a crappy 110 minutes leading up to it.

TV Wasteland: Under the Dome (Article) - 6/24/2013 9:09:03 AM

I think Whiplash could have sought his revenge on Tony without having to ally himself with Hammer.  In fact, it was Hammer who approached Whiplash in designing more powerful suits used to combat the Iron Man armor in the first place.  What that means is Hammer could have been excised from the film entirely, and Whiplash could have gone after Tony all by himself.  That would have made the entire film much more focused.

On another note, I had to track down the trailer for Independence Day-saster online.  Calling that film a cheap knock off of Independence Day would be insulting to cheap knock offs of Independence Day.  Tom Everett Scott is the President, and he gives the weakest speech modeled after Bill Pullman's speech possible.  I'm amazed these garbage films even get made in the first place.

TV Wasteland: Under the Dome (Article) - 6/24/2013 8:23:17 AM

@fenngibbon - For me, Iron Man 2 was a stinker because it had no focus.  What was it about?  Was it about Whiplash seeking revenge on Tony Stark?  Was it about Sam Rockwell's character trying to overtake Stark Industries?  Was it about Tony trying to heal himself from the technology that was both killing him and keeping him alive?  Was it about the U.S. government trying to take over the Iron Man tech from Tony Stark?

Any one of these threads by itself could have made for an excellent film.  Instead, Iron Man 2 followed suit with Spiderman 3 in trying to cram so much stuff into a single film, that every thread suffered for it.

10 Lamest Die Hard Ripoffs (Article) - 6/24/2013 8:12:41 AM

Based on that trailer for Skyscraper, the bad guys came with an unlimited supply of ammo.  (And I actually saw the movie a long time ago - I used to work at a Blockbuster Video when I was in college and we had a copy to rent - it's just as silly as it looks).

Also, Die Hard in the Distant Future - The Fifth Element