All jackwagon's Comments

TV Wasteland: Steven Spielberg Presents Land of the Lost (Article) - 9/26/2011 9:43:09 AM

kara,

Well put.  I actually gave Firefly a couple episodes when it premiered, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.  Admittedly, I never was much of a Whedon fan either, but I went into it with an open mind.  But it still failed to lure me in.

Also, I think it's worth noting that Fox nearly did cancel 24 halfway through the first season, but they chose to stick with the show.  It didn't really catch ratings fire until about season 4, which if memory serves was similar to The X-Files when it moved to Sunday nights.

TV Wasteland: Steven Spielberg Presents Land of the Lost (Article) - 9/26/2011 5:25:30 AM

I won't even acknowledge axia's absurd post with a response.

Except to say, that while Fox has a history of treating sci-fi shows badly, are they really any worse than NBC (The Event, Knight Rider, Bionic Woman, etc), ABC (FlashForward, Invasion, etc), or CBS (Threshold).  I've never really understood why Fox should be singled out among the Big Four as the crappiest of the bunch.

THOR 2 Director Search Over? (Article) - 9/23/2011 9:30:20 AM

Kathryn Bigelow may have a thing or two to say about women directors who are offered action/suspense films...

THOR 2 Director Search Over? (Article) - 9/23/2011 5:17:44 AM

Wait a minute...what happened to the guy who had directed a couple episodes of Game of Thrones?  I'm blanking on his name at the moment, but there were reports that he would be directing Thor 2.

X-Men: First Class Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 9/23/2011 5:14:50 AM

cared - Oh I'm aware of that, and I know that the primary reason this film didn't have the original team was because it still had to tie in with the other X-Men films (even though Xavier ended the film being in a wheelchair and we saw him walking around in both The Last Stand and Wolverine).  I was only saying that when Fox made the first X-film in 2000 the team should have been the original team from the comic books.

X-Men: First Class Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 9/22/2011 9:23:37 AM

Back when the first X-Men film came out in 2000, one of my best friends and I were talking about the movie, and he had an idea that, at first, I didn't like.  In retrospect, I think he was 100% correct.  He said the first X-Men film should have only featured the original comic book team.  The problem of course is that Wolverine wouldn't have been able to be featured in the movie, but I figured that problem could have been solved by introducing him at the end of the film and set up the sequel that way.

Having said that, X-Men: First Class is definitely the best X-Men film to date, and I thought Fassbender owned the movie.  Really looking forward to seeing where this new trilogy goes.

Jovovich Updates RE 5 (Article) - 9/19/2011 6:55:05 AM

I wonder if something will actually, you know, happen in this sequel.  Oh hell, who am I kidding?  Why try writing anything beyond killing as many zombies as possible when the last four movies were all the same?

First Cloud Atlas Set Pics (Article) - 9/16/2011 8:04:25 AM

So The Director Formerly Known as Larry Wachowski is now Lana Wachowski?

5 Not-So-Great Things About Episodes IV-VI (Article) - 9/15/2011 8:50:40 AM

10 pages for the Star Wars Blu Ray set?  I'm taking the over on that bet.  I'm calling 15 pages.

Abrams Helming Star Trek 2 (Article) - 9/14/2011 12:13:11 PM

I'll say this much - Abrams and company better have a great story to tell now that they have a blank canvas to work with.  The first film kinda had to be told the way it was told in order to reset the timeline and bring the crew together.  Now that's all done, they can do absolutely anything they want with their story.  They can bring us an entirely new villain to fight (and frankly I hope that's what they do - I do NOT want them to rehash Khan) and develop their characters in any shape they desire.  If they fail, I will be thoroughly disappointed.

And I loved Abrams' Star Trek.

JACKWAGON'S MANIACAL PERSONA