All jackwagon's Comments

Riddick Confirmed R Rating (Article) - 9/5/2011 2:28:54 PM

I must be the only guy who actually would've preferred a direct sequel to Chronicles versus something closer to Pitch Black.  The setup at the end of Chronicles could've led to any number of storylines, most notably Vaako plotting to overthrow Riddick and take leadership of the Necromongers away from him.  Oh well...

TV Wasteland: They%u2019re Remaking What?! (Article) - 9/5/2011 6:31:01 AM

Re: NBC and its genre shows....

Okay, so is NBC this week's Worst Network Ever?  I've lost count on the number of times people have argued over [insert network name here] being the worst ever in how it handles genre shows.  Most people like to point the finger at Fox, but there's been plenty of accusations towards the other big three as well.  I don't think any one network is worse than the other three actually, but I find it a little annoying when a bunch of posters gang up on a single network simply because the network pulled the plug on a genre show for that given week (see Fox canceling Firefly, NBC screwing over The Event, ABC nixing Night Stalker, etc).  Can't we all just agree that most genre programming isn't successful on the major networks anymore?

Showtime Taps King's DOME (Article) - 9/1/2011 2:45:59 PM

The bare-bones synopsis sure does sound virutally identical to The Mist.  Not sure how this kind of story could be made to be that much different.

TV Wasteland: Into the Valley of Death (Article) - 8/29/2011 5:14:53 AM

Why is Alphas listed as Avatars on Monday night?  Typo or got James Cameron on the brain?

WOLVERINE Shooting in Vancouver (Article) - 8/19/2011 5:45:21 AM

Good point, Hobbs.  I hadn't considered the ongoing aftermath of the quakes.  I agree - had the production been able to still be held in Japan as previously planned, the film would look and feel more natural.  I hope Mangold will have a good production designer in order to turn Vancouver into Tokyo.

WOLVERINE Shooting in Vancouver (Article) - 8/19/2011 5:33:17 AM

I find it very ironic that Wolverine will be primarily shot in Vancouver despite taking place in Japan, and yet the reason that Aronofsky fed the public on why he was leaving the production was because of how long they'd be shooting in Japan.  Doesn't pass the smell test for me, which once again shows Fox's meddling in a director's vision for an X-Men film.  I still hope it's good, and considering the writing and directing talents behind the film, it has that chance.

Tony Scott Remaking Wild Bunch (Article) - 8/19/2011 5:27:05 AM

Yeech.  I was just thinking this week about how crappy Tony Scott has become over the last 15 years or so.  His last really great film was Crimson Tide, and his films have gotten progressively worse and haphazard with each effort.  I'm not sure how his MTV-style flashes and sharp cuts would translate to a western, but maybe the genre would require him to tone it down a bit, which would most certainly be for the better.

SUPERMAN Plot Concept Online (Article) - 8/18/2011 9:53:06 AM

How is any of that a plot synopsis?  All it basically says is that Superman is in the movie.  That's it.  Nothing about how Zod factors in it or anything regarding the actual risks that Superman will have to take in order to save the day (not that I would want to be spoiled on those kinds of details nearly 2 years before the movie is released anyways).

The Grey Date Locked In (Article) - 8/11/2011 2:15:12 PM

If it's being released in January, I hate to say it but it will probably be a stinker of a movie.

Marvel Targets Summer 2014 (Article) - 8/9/2011 9:34:15 AM

Is Universal holding on to the Hulk property for the time being?  If not, maybe Disney is trying its own Hulk movie version in 2014, unless Universal's ownership of the property is similar to Sony/Spiderman or Fox/X-men.

JACKWAGON'S MANIACAL PERSONA