All jackwagon's Comments

SDCC: Pacific Rim Logo Revealed (Article) - 7/25/2011 9:04:21 AM

From beneath the sea?  I had read on other websites that the villains would be an invading alien force from outer space.  The term "pacific rim" would be adapted from an underwater concept to an area located in deep space.  But then, I've been completely bass ackwards on other stuff I've read before, so I wouldn't take my word as gospel here either.

SUPERMAN Pushed Back (Article) - 7/22/2011 9:44:49 AM

Star Trek was only pushed back because Paramount felt it would make more money as an early summer release than being released on Christmas.  I recall reading a quote from JJ Abrams that he was disappointed with pushing the release back because he had felt it would still have made a ton of money had it been released Christmas 2008 (I would tend to agree with him, but c'est la vie).  The writers strike had no impact on its production since the script was finished prior to the strike starting, except for Abrams thinking of line ideas while filming, only to ultimately not be able to include them because of the strike.

And I also think WB/DC is smart for pushing Superman back to Summer 2013, since the aforementioned Hobbit will own Christmas next year (though isn't The Hobbit being distributed by WB/New Line anyways?).

SDCC: VOLTRON Moving Forward (Article) - 7/22/2011 9:37:26 AM

If Michael Bay were to direct a Voltron film, he'd probably center the movie around the asexual Pidge and his friendship with Princess Allura's mice more than anything else.  The lions fighting Zarkon's robeasts would take backstage to everything else.  And the military would be fighting the robeasts more than Voltron itself would.

And Rosie Huntington-Whitely would probably be Allura.  And he'd make sure to film her as if he wants to have sex with her as much as possible too.

Did I miss anything?

SUPERMAN Pushed Back (Article) - 7/22/2011 9:33:15 AM

I thought Wolfgang Peterson's World's Finest film was cancelled strictly for the sheer cost of the project, not because WB/DC was concerned about confusing their audiences.  The only way I could see any confusion coming up was if Bale and/or Routh didn't portray their characters in the film as they had in Batman Begins and Superman Returns.  That would have been awkward for sure, but otherwise I thought it was simply too expensive a film to make.

SUPERMAN Pushed Back (Article) - 7/22/2011 4:55:36 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaand I nominate Chopsaki's comment for Best Comment of the Thread.  Couldn't have said it any better.  Though I wonder why it's not opening on July 4th weekend that year - seems like a prime target for the holiday.  Has anything else been scheduled for that weekend yet?

WB Circles RED STAR (Article) - 7/20/2011 9:00:29 AM

I always dig alternate history concepts like this one.  Two of my personal favs were the book Fatherland that dealt with the Nazis winning WWII (and would make for an excellent film if it were ever adapted into one), and a Superman storyline where his pod crashed in the Soviet Union and a Russian couple ended up raising him instead of the Kents.  He grew up to still become Superman, but fought for the side of communism instead of democracy.  Really neat concept.  I'd be interested in checking out Red Star for the same reason.

Judge Dredd Spotted Online (Article) - 7/18/2011 9:36:35 AM

I guess if Charlie Brown was fitted for Judge Dredd's uniform, the helmet would be the perfect size for his head.

Dark Knight Rises Teaser Poster (Article) - 7/12/2011 7:48:06 AM

I'm hoping the teaser is a lot better than The Dark Knight's teaser with just some dialogue in the background and the bat signal appearing between flashes.

Latest Final Destination 5 Trailer (Article) - 7/8/2011 7:53:09 AM

This series has become as silly as the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th series.  All three franchises had at some point a film definitively being marketed as the final edition in each series (Freddy's Dead, Jason Goes to Hell, and The Final Destination).  It's a real joke that studio execs continue making these films simply because they turn profits thanks to keeping the budgets low on them.  But them, people keep seeing them in theaters, which perpetuates the whole cycle.

Dimension to Train CLONE Killing (Article) - 7/5/2011 1:02:03 PM

This movie better have Frau Farbissina from Austin Powers ("Send in the CLONE!!!!!!").

JACKWAGON'S MANIACAL PERSONA