All jackwagon's Comments

TV Wasteland: Zero Hour Is Coming (Article) - 2/11/2013 6:00:58 AM

Given that the Thursday at 8:00 time slot was also the kiss of death for Last Resort (which had one of the most piss awful rushed endings thanks to its cancellation), I don't have very high hopes for Zero Hour to be a.) any good, or b.) around for very long.

Lone Ranger Super Bowl Spot and New Poster (Article) - 1/30/2013 9:20:17 AM

Warner Bros has backed off big time from airing Super Bowl spots for its big movies the last few years.  The last time I can clearly remember a WB movie getting a Super Bowl spot was The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions, though I'm sure they had something more recent than that.

Nowadays, the Super Bowl spots mostly go to Paramount, Disney, and Sony, though I think Fast Six is expected to get a spot during the game as well.

2013 Oscar Nominations (Article) - 1/10/2013 8:18:05 AM

Given that the Best Picture category allows up to 10 nominees but the Best Director category only allows 5, it's impossible to nominate each Best Picture nominee's director as well.  In fact, when the Best Picture category only had 5 nominees, there was almost always at least one director included whose film wasn't nominated for Best Picture, and vice versa.  I always found that process odd, but there's also a little bit of drama lost if all the Best Picture nominees automatically had their directors also nominated.

Thus far I've seen three Best Picture nominees - Argo, Les Mis, and Silver Linings Playbook.  I'm going to see Zero Dark Thirty sometime this weekend or next as well, but thus far I thought Les Mis was the single best film I'd seen in 2012, and probably in the last couple years.

Movie Preview 2013 (Article) - 1/8/2013 11:17:56 AM

I need to see a trailer for The Wolverine before I can get really excited about it.

I am so excited over Man of Steel that when I saw the trailer for it in front of The Hobbit over the weekend I nearly teared up.  Such an awe-inspiring trailer.

I also have no interest in the following: A Good Day to Die Hard (crappy trailer and the allure of John McClane has worn out); GI Joe 2 (delaying a film by 9 months just to add Channing Tatum and 3D conversion reeks of a stinker of a film to me); The Lone Ranger (looks like a collossal flop); and Elysium (ENOUGH with the thinly-layered political/social commentary about class issues already!)

TV Wasteland: And Now... Playoffs! (Article) - 1/7/2013 6:09:11 AM

Does the SyFy Channel seem to think the only kinds of "original" production movies worth airing are disaster, zombie, and monster flicks?  Aside from airing big movies like the Star Trek films and other classics, that is.

Pacific Rim Trailer (Article) - 12/13/2012 9:23:44 AM

Dear Michael Bay,

Please watch and study this movie closely to see how a film can be done about gigantic robots fighting other giant beasts.

Sincerely,

Me

G.I. Joe Retaliation Trailer #3 (Article) - 12/13/2012 9:20:18 AM

Still wish the marketing team would have promoted the film as "From the Director of Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" somewhere in the trailer.  Have a sense of humor, guys.

Mania Review: The Hobbit (Article) - 12/13/2012 7:51:42 AM

With regards to the idea of the film dragging, I find that comment a bit ironic considering the film is a good half hour shorter than any of the previous Lord of the Rings films.

After Earth Trailer (Article) - 12/11/2012 12:08:37 PM

I wonder if the reason why Shyamalan's name isn't attached to the trailer is because it's an international trailer.  I suspect that we'll see his name somewhere in the U.S. version.

15 Forgotten Christmas Specials (Article) - 12/7/2012 10:04:17 AM

Anyone else see the irony of including the Star Wars Christmas Special on a "Forgotten Christmas Special" list, considering we all remember how terrible it was?

JACKWAGON'S MANIACAL PERSONA