All jarodimus's Comments

CLOVERFIELD (Article) - 4/10/2008 9:27:22 AM

I loved the movie, too, and will definitely be buying it. Special features sound a little thin, though. I was hoping there would be Slusho and Tagruato stuff on the disc. Also, the DVD front cover makes me sad. I HATE when they put review quotes on there. It takes away from the great cover art. And I simply can't believe it has an effect on how well a movie sells.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/28/2008 9:53:54 AM

These comments make me very happy, on the whole. I really thought I was nearly alone in my love for Constantine. (Just watched it again last night, in fact.) I thought Keanu did a great job. Might be a little hard to sell him to the general public as suddenly British in a sequel. If they decided to try, I like the Marsters suggestion, as well as bigthor's Daniel Craig idea. I love FF 1 & 2 -- they're fun, and that's all I wanted from them. I hope they do more, and that Evans and Chiklis stay. I would be OK with Zod in the next Supes if done right. But for the movie to be done right, I think there'd have to be a recast of both Superman and Lois, and -- as repeatedly stated -- more action. Justice League Mortal is the dumbest-sounding title ever. WB needs to get its collective head out of its collective arse on DC movies.

Three More Join Whedon's DOLLHOUSE (Article) - 3/27/2008 9:14:34 AM

I'll be on the couch on premiere night solely because of Whedon. I find Eliza Dushku very annoying, and -- like Merin -- Fox being involved has me worried. Maybe it'll show on another network, with Fox just producing.

A Movie for Kids? (Article) - 3/4/2008 9:48:51 AM

It's actually Cruella DE Vil (not "Di Vil"). Just a space away from "Devil", which I'm sure was purely intentional. Also, ANOTHER version of Narnia being released on DVD?! Or is this one the BBC series?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 2/5/2008 10:06:33 AM

:-( Can't get it to load -- says the server isn't responding every time I try. And if it's "courtesy of Yahoo Movies", why isn't it up on Yahoo! Movies?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/28/2008 7:59:12 AM

I'm with WISEGUY562. Pixar can do no wrong. I'm as excited to see WALL-E this summer as I am for Iron Man or Dark Knight. And hanso, TS3 is set for 6/18/10, according to this article from just the other day: http://www.mania.com/57243.html

Updated: How Long Before Your Shows Go Dark? (Article) - 12/14/2007 8:59:29 AM

I'll step up as one of the "droolers". I LOVE _Pushing Daisies_. It's second only to _Journeyman_ in the list of best new shows this year, IMO. It's a whimsical fantasy detective show with brilliant dialogue, quirky characters, and sublime narration by Jim Dale. (Mr. Dale did the reading and voice-acting for all the Harry Potter audiobooks.) It's an extremely FUN show, and I highly recommend it. You guys remember fun, right?

INKHEART Trailer and Official Site Online (Article) - 12/10/2007 10:59:38 AM

Saw this trailer on Friday with Golden Compass. It was the first I'd heard of the movie. -- chaotic said: "Sounds like The Mummy." Bwah? How, other than starring Brendan Fraser, does this sound remotely like The Mummy? -- estavares said: "they have the same overlit, too-much-CGI, the same beat-for-beat preview as all of the recent kid-lit movies" While I certainly don't think the trailer itself broke any new ground, I fail to see how it's "overlit" or has "too-much-CGI". The only highly-lit scenes I saw were the ones outdoors in daylight. And would you prefer Claymation and rubber suits? At any rate, it looks interesting to me. Brendan Fraser Andy Serkis fantasy genre potential literary character crossover a la League of Extraordinary Gentleman = I'll see it.

Universal Pushes WANTED To Summer 2008 (Article) - 12/6/2007 12:07:09 PM

metalwater and WISEGUY: You don't "hide" a film in the middle of the summer if you think it's not going to do well. You tuck it away in September or March. Moving it FROM March shows that (as rgtchtiger said) Universal has confidence in it. But I guess it's just easier to default to "because it sucks", huh?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 11/27/2007 1:24:26 PM

-- gauleyboy240 said: "I read a LOT on this site from people who complain that nothing move fast enough. I disagree. Whatever happened to character development, stories building up and taking their time, thereby creating a sense of intrigue an mystery. It only surprises me that there are so many of you on this site complaining about things not moving fast enough because most of you are my age. I'd expect short attention spans from teenagers but Adults should'nt suffer from this sense of instant gratification as much." 100% agreed! I love stories that take their time with plot developments, devoting energy to characterization and dramatic tension. Journeyman has been at just the right speed for me, revealing small morsels in the larger meal with each episode. To further the food metaphor, it's opening up like a glass of good red wine. I love time travel stuff, so Journeyman had me from the get-go. But it's kept me interested with quality. In my mind, it's even better than Quantum Leap. Dan doesn't have an Al to pop in and tell him exactly what he's supposed to do. Granted, he's got Livia, but she doesn't know the full story (or isn't revealing it), either. And the twist of outside folks (Garrity and Langley) being aware of the time travelers adds a nice extra dimension. Langley calling Dan while he was in the past was a huge "Whoa!" moment for me, and absolutely solidfied my status as hooked.

JARODIMUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA