All jedibanner's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 2,326

First Look: BUCKY BARNES: THE WINTER SOLDIER #1 (Article) - 9/5/2014 4:53:08 PM

momitchell7, read the Original Sin series (or just #8 if you can't affort it), it will explain many things which directly leads into this new comic.

Star Wars Rebels Sneak Peek - Save the Wookies (Article) - 8/31/2014 6:41:18 PM

I have to say, saw the ENTIRE episode at the FanExpo in Toronto, Canada this weekend. It was awsome. About 800 people saw it in a theatre environment which apparently was 600 more then the 200 who saw it at the SDCC (the SW producer told us).

It was super cool, the show was funny, the music was excellent and used a LOT of the original trilogy themes which was great. The characters seem very interesting and the theme itself will be very different yet familiar to the SW universe.

The animation was good, it's because the tone and environment of the show is different than Clone Wars but it was all great.

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Score 2nd Best Weekend (Article) - 8/11/2014 5:18:52 AM

For the first time in my life, I went to the movies alone....and only GOTG was able to make me do this.

The experience before and after the movie was not pleasent but the movie was great...saw it a second time with a friend and she loved it and the experience was way better. Somehow seeing movies alone isn't my thing...and I have enough guy or girl friends that eventually, I can find someone to go see it with me.

But I will NEVER pay to see this new TMNT movie...kids might love it but, it just looks awfull.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Teaser Trailer (Article) - 7/28/2014 12:06:07 PM

Can't wait for this one...don't remember the book and how it ends but, this teaser was enough to wet my appetite once more.

Mania box Office Report: If LUCY fell (Article) - 7/28/2014 8:29:46 AM

How about the fact that the Hercules movie was mostly shown only in 3D theatres and hardly any in regular theatres? Bet the studios aren't talking about THAT issue. Many people don't like 3D and yet they still force the issue by not even allowing to present the movie in both format.

So based on that issue and I can't find a place that shows the movie in non-3D at normal hours (I have a life in the weekends so it if only plays at 12pm, I can't make it), I won't see Hercules...I want to...but the stupid ass theatres and suits who are forcing down my throat this 3D shit aren't getting my $$$.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 11:29:49 AM

annnnnd, now we went off-board with Theicon's stupid comment.

EIBaz13, indeed I did get a new computer....sort of...it's a lonnnnnng story.

VioLatorr.....wow....

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 10:25:28 AM

boxker,

Tigh was accepted because he was in a reboot version of BG, not the original character. Just like the new  Ultimate Spiderman (Miles Morales) is accepted because he's in the Ultimate world...and dare I say, just like the future crapfest of a movie Fantastic Four with Johny Storm as being black...it's accepted because it's Fox and whatever they will do will most lieklly be crap but is also rumored to be based on the ultimate version of the FF.

Yes it's a plan which becomes a gimmick, but if it's done well sometimes it's worth to give these thing a try.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 9:37:52 AM

spiderhero....mmmm, that's another way of saying it too.

Glad to see SOME things are still the same, right Hanso?

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 9:00:18 AM

Ahhh, monkeyfoot, how I've missed this...

boxker, from my end, I'm sharing the fact that who cares if it's a woman or a black person. I think whatever change they make will not be permanent because the original characters never go away.

I didn't see many people saying Falcon should NOT be Cap because he's black...or that this new lady should not take the hammer of Thor...didn't see that written by anyone in fact.

The difference is that the ''gimmick'' aspect of it all is what's troubling. It should'nt be an issue that a black person or a woman picks up the hammer...it should just be about characters evolving and switching for whatever reason of the year it needs to evolve.

You can't change skin color of a character that's already established or the gender because...that would not be accepted. It only makes sense that a new character takes over an already established one and go forward temporarally and then come back to the orignal character.

Evolution is a bitch sometimes...OMD anyone??

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 8:20:58 AM

Part 3

The fact that the Comic industry as a whole is still not as popular as it could be even with all the TV shows, movies and Cons around the world, any press is good press I say...but my message to Marvel, DC, Image and such...if you do a change, do it right and do it for the right reasons and make sure your marketing department sells the right thing, not the skin or sex part, concentrate on the character part.

Now...that is it from me...for now, mouahahaha.

JEDIBANNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA