All jedibanner's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 2,321

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 11:29:49 AM

annnnnd, now we went off-board with Theicon's stupid comment.

EIBaz13, indeed I did get a new computer....sort of...it's a lonnnnnng story.

VioLatorr.....wow....

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 10:25:28 AM

boxker,

Tigh was accepted because he was in a reboot version of BG, not the original character. Just like the new  Ultimate Spiderman (Miles Morales) is accepted because he's in the Ultimate world...and dare I say, just like the future crapfest of a movie Fantastic Four with Johny Storm as being black...it's accepted because it's Fox and whatever they will do will most lieklly be crap but is also rumored to be based on the ultimate version of the FF.

Yes it's a plan which becomes a gimmick, but if it's done well sometimes it's worth to give these thing a try.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 9:37:52 AM

spiderhero....mmmm, that's another way of saying it too.

Glad to see SOME things are still the same, right Hanso?

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 9:00:18 AM

Ahhh, monkeyfoot, how I've missed this...

boxker, from my end, I'm sharing the fact that who cares if it's a woman or a black person. I think whatever change they make will not be permanent because the original characters never go away.

I didn't see many people saying Falcon should NOT be Cap because he's black...or that this new lady should not take the hammer of Thor...didn't see that written by anyone in fact.

The difference is that the ''gimmick'' aspect of it all is what's troubling. It should'nt be an issue that a black person or a woman picks up the hammer...it should just be about characters evolving and switching for whatever reason of the year it needs to evolve.

You can't change skin color of a character that's already established or the gender because...that would not be accepted. It only makes sense that a new character takes over an already established one and go forward temporarally and then come back to the orignal character.

Evolution is a bitch sometimes...OMD anyone??

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 8:20:58 AM

Part 3

The fact that the Comic industry as a whole is still not as popular as it could be even with all the TV shows, movies and Cons around the world, any press is good press I say...but my message to Marvel, DC, Image and such...if you do a change, do it right and do it for the right reasons and make sure your marketing department sells the right thing, not the skin or sex part, concentrate on the character part.

Now...that is it from me...for now, mouahahaha.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 8:19:36 AM

Part 2

Why? Because anything that is different about a character has to be big these days...it can't just happen within the comic itself without warning people something's coming up, it HAS to be announced. That's the world we live in...news, big hook, big splash....the web is talking about it, the news are talking about it, the Comic Cons are doing panels about it. That has become almost the only way to make something big, huge in this day and age.

Captain America has quit before and Thor's hammer has changed hands before. Cap has been replaced by a few people already and is only logical Mjolnir gets pick-up by someone else once in a while.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 8:17:47 AM

part two coming...it's a bitch to post comments now, geez...

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 8:14:52 AM

GUESS WHO'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Well, if there is one article that would bring me back here and fill me with a feeling of anticipation to write comments, it would be about comics and about change...and Mania was able to write something about both so, here I am!!

Now...firsty and foremost, when I look a the comic industry as a whole, my first reaction is that...it's in hell. It's not doing good and getting new readers on board is harder and harder every year. Sales aren't going up unless there is a big event, a specific story that is so unique it makes headlines or, a specific character dies and makes the news.

Yet the geek world as a whole is getting larger and larger and easier for access thanks to more and more Comic Cons in cities around the world where there wasn't that many before, TV shows like Walking Dead showing to everyone how comics can be cool and obviously, the biggest thing of all....the super hero movies which brings non geeks and fans all together (when the movies are good...looking at you Green Lantern and so on).

So how are these two aspect related to these big comic character changes you say? It goes back to what some of you have already mentionned...the marketing! As the business of comics, movies and TV shows brings new people every day yet specifically for comics, the sales aren't what they used to be, it's kind of obvious if you are doing something radical like changing a character's race or sex, you have to make a splash out it.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 8:10:00 AM

test

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Japanese Trailer (Article) - 1/25/2014 2:16:52 PM

This next movie looks so awsome, can't wait.

Now on another matter, this site is officially infecting computers as from work AND from home, i'm getting messages of something trying to hack into the computers.

Somehow was able to log in from an tablet which isn't mine so, this is Jedibanner signing off Mania for a while because I can't deal with viruses on my computer anymore.

This was fun, will miss it here but, tired of getting error message and things not working on my computers (and yes, I have all the latest protection, that's why it's a problem since it keeps blocking this site because of spyware).

Adios Mania, it's been fun.

JEDIBANNER'S MANIACAL PERSONA