All jetpackjesus's Comments

Remo Williams Remake Coming From Sony (Article) - 8/21/2014 7:13:55 PM

Loved this movie.  I was skeptical about this concept until I saw Shane Black is handling it.  I'm totally down with him taking a crack at Remo Williams.  I hope they can work Fred Ward into the film somehow.

Batman: The Complete Television Series Artwork (Article) - 7/25/2014 5:26:51 PM

I wonder how many sets Hanso will be ordering?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - TV Spot 2 (Article) - 2/21/2014 4:56:05 PM

Sam Jackson has publicly stated that he's doing Age of Ultron after Winter Soldier. And he still has two films left on his 9-picture contract after that.

So what Xenomorph said.

NEW Godzilla Poster (Article) - 2/21/2014 10:35:45 AM

I just rewatched the teaser, and I don't think he's to scale in the poster based on what they show in that trailer.

Awesome poster, though.  I've never really been a Godzilla or kaiju fan, but this movie really has me interested.

ALMOST HUMAN: Simon Says Review (Article) - 1/9/2014 12:41:04 PM

Monkeyfoot: I don't think the shields can actually be deployed that quickly.  When they tried to help the girl, they showed Kennex begin to activate the shield early in the defusing process (it lit up a different color than when it was deployed earlier) so it looks like there is a priming phase that must be done before deploying it. I assume Kennex primed the shield with Gaeta off camera so we only saw him deploy it.  It may only take 30 seconds to a minute prime, but if you suddenly find yourself in a gun fight, that's probably too slow to deploy effectively.  Just speculation, of course, but it could explain your thoughts.

Or maybe the police can't afford enough shields to deploy them in every gun fight.  They do seem to have a lot of them.

New Bishop and Mystique Photos (Article) - 12/20/2013 2:33:02 PM

Monkeyfoot, from what I recall, Catching Fire actually rushed its production because Fox's contract with Jennifer Lawrance took priority over theirs. Since they couldn't wait until after she finished her X Men gig, they ramped up production right away so they could finish before X Men started filming.

INDIANA JONES and the ARTIFACTS of HOPE (Article) - 12/18/2013 4:18:27 PM

I still think Crystal Skull is either equal to Temple of Doom or maybe a notch below it.  I never understood the complaints about aliens and spaceships being too far out there for this franchise.  Temple of Doom involved a dude who could rip your heart out, leave no wound in your chest, and you would survive the experience. I'm sorry, but aliens and spaceships are actually more plausible than that.

Maybe people just want things to remain "supernatural" or "mythological" and not so much "scifi," but I just don't get this complaint myself.

Of course, the Monkeys sucked and so did the nuclear fridge, but I otherwise found the movie passable.  It couldn't hold Raiders or Crusade's jockstrap, but it's right there with Temple of Doom, which also cannot hold Raiders or Crusade's jockstrap.

Regardless, I'm willing to give a fifth entry a shot, especially if Disney can minimize George's involvement in the project.

Arrow: The Scientist Review (Article) - 12/6/2013 11:19:27 AM

Kinetoscope: Black Canary left the city to keep the League of Assassins from going after her family.  No doubt she'll return at some point, though.

First Sherlock Series 3 Photo (Article) - 11/5/2013 6:36:16 PM

Actually, Redshirt, I recall Holmes providing an explanation for his survival in The Adventure of the Empty House, which is presumably the basis for first episode of Season 3 given its title.   However, I don't think the level of detail in the story was nearly as great as what will be required to explain the events of the Season 2 finale.

Moffat did explicitly state that everything you needed to know to figure out how Sherlock "did it" is in the episode.  I haven't watched the episode in well over a year at this point, so I can't even begin to think of a solution anymore.  The show hasn't really let me down yet so I remain faithful that Season 3 will deliver.

And I definitely feel that a rewatch is in order after reading InnerSanctum's post.

Cornish for Star Trek 3? (Article) - 11/4/2013 11:24:18 AM

I see Joe Cornish as a likely upgrade.  And if Kurtzman and Orci aren't writing, then we have a chance at ST3 being the best of this Trek incarnation (and I really like 2009 and ST:ID).

JETPACKJESUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA