All jochimus's Comments

BATMAN 1989 TOP 10 TOYS AT 25 (Article) - 6/23/2014 6:26:18 PM

I was always kind of disappointed in the Toy Biz figures, mostly because so much of the advertising material for the line up until their release used repainted versions of the Super Powers figures of Batman and the Joker, and THOSE I actually wanted.

Star Wars: Millennium Falcon Rumor Control (Article) - 6/4/2014 4:47:10 PM

^ At least not until the end, anyway...

Still, I've missed seeing the Fastest Hunk O'Junk In The Galaxy.  I think at least one of the things about the Prequels that rendered me indifferent to them (I don't hate them...I just don't care) was that the ships looked way too polished.  I mean, I realize that's inherent to the concept of them being prequels to start with, but I just never really warmed to any of the ships in Episodes I-III.

Ghostbusters 3 Script to be Re-Worked (Article) - 2/26/2014 7:35:30 PM

At this point - since it's obviously too much to ask them to do the right thing and LET IT GO, plus enough time has passed since the last movie that another direct sequel over two decades later might not be all that appealing from a box office standpoint, even if Ramis hadn't passed on - they may as well just do a 'requel' following a new team of characters.

It doesn't necessarily need to be a 'passing of the torch', either, since that would just create more comparison to the original film anyway; it could be BOTH a reboot in that it follows new characters taking a similar course as the first film - encountering spectral activity of some sort, decide to open their own GB branch, shenanigans ensue building toward a threat to the entire world - AND a sequel in the sense that the original GB HQ that opened way back in 1984 still exists.   Plus after 25 years there could be a lot of fun had in the prospect of Ghostbusting having evolved into a franchise (in-story).

Bruce Wayne for Gotham TV Series (Article) - 12/8/2013 7:17:58 AM

Nothing I'm hearing about this show has interested me in it so far.  I wouldn't dare venture a guess as to how many people are going to give a crap about a superhero-related TV show that doesn't actually have the superhero (or superheroes) upon whom this particular world is supposed to revolve in it, though.

Personally I think WB should have taken their plans for a Dick Grayson series in the OPPOSITE direction of where they were going with them, and given us a Nightwing series instead.

Transformers: Age of Extinction Prime Photo (Article) - 11/25/2013 3:35:23 PM

The flames aren't gone - they just seem to be less pronounced on his robot mode (seriously, search for a photo of TF4 Optimus' truck mode - they're still there).

On that note, I'm actually rather fond of the new direction of Optimus' and Grimlock's robot-mode designs, very ancient-warrior-like.  I wish they were all more like that.

10 Worst Halloween Costumes (Article) - 10/12/2013 2:10:28 PM

I had that Vader mask as a kid, but not the costume; thankfully my mother came up with something a little more creative than that.

And I'm actually rather frightened by how much that "Joanie Loves Chachi" mask actually looks like Scott Baio,

Star Wars Returns to Pinewood Studios (Article) - 6/23/2013 10:07:00 AM

That's funny, I didn't think any of the previous films were shot at Pinewood - I know Shepperton where Ep. III was shot was later bought by Pinewood, though.

Top 10 Superman Cartoon Episodes (Article) - 6/15/2013 8:45:57 AM

ANY list of Best Superman animated episodes that doesn't have "The Late Mr. Kent" on it is just plain not right, IMO, no matter what else is on the list.

Keaton in Birdman (Article) - 6/4/2013 7:09:45 PM

I look at that picture of the guy in the suit and the first thing I think of is, "Where's Dynomutt?"

Seriously, dude looks like Blue Falcon.

TV Wasteland: Submitted For Your Approval (Article) - 12/31/2012 4:35:52 PM

^ Actually that was Jonathan Winters, not Jackie Gleason - "A Game Of Pool".

On the subject of Klugman (RIP) on TZ, my favorite of his was "A Passage For Trumpet".

JOCHIMUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA