All jochimus's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

Ghostbusters 3 Script to be Re-Worked (Article) - 2/26/2014 7:35:30 PM

At this point - since it's obviously too much to ask them to do the right thing and LET IT GO, plus enough time has passed since the last movie that another direct sequel over two decades later might not be all that appealing from a box office standpoint, even if Ramis hadn't passed on - they may as well just do a 'requel' following a new team of characters.

It doesn't necessarily need to be a 'passing of the torch', either, since that would just create more comparison to the original film anyway; it could be BOTH a reboot in that it follows new characters taking a similar course as the first film - encountering spectral activity of some sort, decide to open their own GB branch, shenanigans ensue building toward a threat to the entire world - AND a sequel in the sense that the original GB HQ that opened way back in 1984 still exists.   Plus after 25 years there could be a lot of fun had in the prospect of Ghostbusting having evolved into a franchise (in-story).

Bruce Wayne for Gotham TV Series (Article) - 12/8/2013 7:17:58 AM

Nothing I'm hearing about this show has interested me in it so far.  I wouldn't dare venture a guess as to how many people are going to give a crap about a superhero-related TV show that doesn't actually have the superhero (or superheroes) upon whom this particular world is supposed to revolve in it, though.

Personally I think WB should have taken their plans for a Dick Grayson series in the OPPOSITE direction of where they were going with them, and given us a Nightwing series instead.

Transformers: Age of Extinction Prime Photo (Article) - 11/25/2013 3:35:23 PM

The flames aren't gone - they just seem to be less pronounced on his robot mode (seriously, search for a photo of TF4 Optimus' truck mode - they're still there).

On that note, I'm actually rather fond of the new direction of Optimus' and Grimlock's robot-mode designs, very ancient-warrior-like.  I wish they were all more like that.

10 Worst Halloween Costumes (Article) - 10/12/2013 2:10:28 PM

I had that Vader mask as a kid, but not the costume; thankfully my mother came up with something a little more creative than that.

And I'm actually rather frightened by how much that "Joanie Loves Chachi" mask actually looks like Scott Baio,

Star Wars Returns to Pinewood Studios (Article) - 6/23/2013 10:07:00 AM

That's funny, I didn't think any of the previous films were shot at Pinewood - I know Shepperton where Ep. III was shot was later bought by Pinewood, though.

Top 10 Superman Cartoon Episodes (Article) - 6/15/2013 8:45:57 AM

ANY list of Best Superman animated episodes that doesn't have "The Late Mr. Kent" on it is just plain not right, IMO, no matter what else is on the list.

Keaton in Birdman (Article) - 6/4/2013 7:09:45 PM

I look at that picture of the guy in the suit and the first thing I think of is, "Where's Dynomutt?"

Seriously, dude looks like Blue Falcon.

TV Wasteland: Submitted For Your Approval (Article) - 12/31/2012 4:35:52 PM

^ Actually that was Jonathan Winters, not Jackie Gleason - "A Game Of Pool".

On the subject of Klugman (RIP) on TZ, my favorite of his was "A Passage For Trumpet".

10 Ways Disney Could Save Star Wars (Article) - 10/31/2012 11:38:15 AM

Actually, if they get Hamill back to play an older Luke, I can easily see him filing the same role as Obi-Wan in Ep. IV and Qui-Gon in Ep. I...

...meaning he'll probably bite it in the climactic lightsaber duel.

Top 10 Hallmark Geek Ornaments (Article) - 12/25/2010 2:57:34 PM

Got the Ecto and Spidey ornaments on our tree now, also got a Supes ornament and a Bats ornament from the early to mid-'90s, and a Space Ghost ornament from a couple years ago. I usually get a new one each year; this year I got the new Enterprise (I had the 1701-A from a few years ago, but it got broken last year).

I dig the Trek and Wars ornaments, but some of Hallmark's choices strike me as exceptionally odd, like the year they made an ornament of the Death Star.  Yeah, nothing says peace and good will to all during the holiday season like the space station that annihilated untold billions.

JOCHIMUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA