All jochimus's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 >  >>

TV Wasteland: Submitted For Your Approval (Article) - 12/31/2012 4:35:52 PM

^ Actually that was Jonathan Winters, not Jackie Gleason - "A Game Of Pool".

On the subject of Klugman (RIP) on TZ, my favorite of his was "A Passage For Trumpet".

10 Ways Disney Could Save Star Wars (Article) - 10/31/2012 11:38:15 AM

Actually, if they get Hamill back to play an older Luke, I can easily see him filing the same role as Obi-Wan in Ep. IV and Qui-Gon in Ep. I...

...meaning he'll probably bite it in the climactic lightsaber duel.

Top 10 Hallmark Geek Ornaments (Article) - 12/25/2010 2:57:34 PM

Got the Ecto and Spidey ornaments on our tree now, also got a Supes ornament and a Bats ornament from the early to mid-'90s, and a Space Ghost ornament from a couple years ago. I usually get a new one each year; this year I got the new Enterprise (I had the 1701-A from a few years ago, but it got broken last year).

I dig the Trek and Wars ornaments, but some of Hallmark's choices strike me as exceptionally odd, like the year they made an ornament of the Death Star.  Yeah, nothing says peace and good will to all during the holiday season like the space station that annihilated untold billions.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/11/2009 4:20:53 PM

^ Probably because they'd have to pay more to the Siegel and Shuster estates.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/1/2009 11:54:52 AM

Those 15th Anniversary Watchmen figures shown at the 2000 SDCC are real; IIRC DC Direct cancelled plans to release them after Moore came right out and said that DC had screwed him over regarding the ownership of the property.  (I also remember them being previewed in an issue of ToyFare that teased a cover story about the line the following month, only for that cover story to end up being about aborted toy prototypes)

Unspecified Title (Article) - 2/22/2009 3:22:18 PM

The voice cast definitely sounds like it has potential, IMO.  The "armored" uniform seems a bit unusual (at least for GL).

Toy Fair 09: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Toys (Article) - 2/18/2009 4:55:47 PM

"The lime green look of the Constructicons in the original show actually did make sense since they were based on a line of equipement produced in Asia in the 80's that was lime green."

Actually, the contractors who worked on the trucking firm that moved to our town last year used lime-green construction vehicles.  I kept resisting the urge, though, to shout out in the car "Ah sh**, the Constructicons are attacking!". :D

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/12/2008 12:38:36 PM

^ "DC may have to simply break partnership ties with Warners in order to put their house in order on the big screen front" Easier said than done; Time-Warner OWNS DC Comics.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/21/2008 10:35:45 AM

Nice, except for the fact that he looks like he's got sculpted muscle tone...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/20/2008 6:01:15 AM

Awesome updating of the classic look. When it comes to werewolves and gorillas, Baker is still ace.

JOCHIMUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA