All jochimus's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 >  >>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/4/2008 10:07:00 AM

This book is great. It really is. The only thing I wished Rossen had done, though, is add more pictures of stuff that's much more relevant to the plight of keeping Superman alive on TV and in movies - by that I mean screen caps of The Adventures Of Superpup and maybe some of the concept art from when Tim Burton was attached, just to show the reader how f***ed up the producers have been trying to revive the franchise at its low points.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/4/2008 7:55:53 AM

"Did anyone buy the 20th anniversary Optimus? I just couldn't shell out $80 for a Prime without a trailer." Depends on where you get him. Failing that, Classics Optimus is much cheaper for a no-trailer Optimus figure and still looks a lot closer to the cartoon/comic look than any of the other newer toys. Not as identical, of course - his doors fold onto his forearms and his smokestacks turn into a double-barreled rifle - but he does look like a more 'updated' version of the G1 design (i.e. what the G1 TFs would look like if the Ark/Teletran-1 had re-activated NOW instead of in 1984). The trailer was nice and all, but it only played a significant role in maybe two episodes of the cartoon and that was pretty much it. B'sides, I broke my G1 Optimus' arm off in less than a week, so I was just elated by the Powermaster Optimus figure when I first got it because it was a lot sturdier from ditching the die-cast; in fact, I STILL have that toy.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/4/2008 6:11:54 AM

We got the die-cast back a couple years ago. The line was was called Titanium. And it sucked. Speaking as someone who owned the original G1 Transformers as a kid, I don't miss the die-cast days. Mostly 'cuz all the memories I have of owning die-cast Transformers resulted in them being broken irreparably in the space of a day. Nowadays when you pop a limb off of one of the new toys, you can just pop it back on. That, plus the fact the plastic ones don't chip their paint as easily as the old one did. AND the old TF toys also didn't look a damn thing like the guys in the cartoon or comic, or just barely did, and that was something that meant a lot to me, since I used to run home from school every day to watch the show. That is why I like the new toys better than the old ones...ESPECIALLY the ones for the new show: I'm still amazed that Hasbro was able to actually make transformable toys out of those designs. I'm definitely getting the Leader class versions of Megatron, Bulkhead and Ultra Magnus (at last, an Ultra Magnus that ISN'T just a white repaint of Optimus - that's another reason why I don't miss the G1 toys; I'm getting so sick of Hasbro playing that card every time they want an Ultra Magnus figure in the line). I 've only seen a couple episodes of the new show, but since it's supposed to be aimed at kids rather than old-school fans, I think it's OK. I do like the idea of Optimus being a noob who got kicked out of the Autobot Academy and Prowl being a ninja, and Blackarachnia's "origin" was pretty cool, IMO. I just wish they would give us less supervillains and more Decepticons. That said, I do see two disappointments with these new "Classics" figures (since Universe is actually a continuation of the recent Classics line): Galvatron being a Deluxe-sized figure, as opposed to Voyager class; and that repaint of "Cybertron" Soundwave as Blaster. Oh, and he doesn't actually have four modes - two of those pics are of that bomb/condor/thing that was Laserbeak on the "Cybertron" figure.

STAR TREK Pushed to May 2009 (Article) - 2/14/2008 7:00:06 AM

"Excuse mw if I am wrong about this, but didn't Kirk fucking die in episode 7? I hate all this "why isn't Shatner in the movie" shit I've been reading about and seeing since the cast of this film was announced. Even Shatner himself was upset, but doesn't anyone remember? He's DEAD!! Why the hell would he be back in this film?" I'd be careful using that as a point of argument, since they brought Spock back the dead, but I imagine resurrecting Kirk WOULD be harder to rationalize. IMO, I just don't think I can stand seeing Shatner NOW in a Star Trek movie. He just doesn't look that good anymore (especially in the wake of that DirecTV commercial...ugh). I would think Spock has aged better.

First Trailer For HORTON HEARS A WHO (Article) - 12/14/2007 8:12:49 AM

Well, at least it's CGI this time.

Sienna Miller Fights Against G.I JOE (Article) - 11/20/2007 7:55:02 AM

Well, in the comics anyway, Destro was a Scottish arms dealer. And as it is, he may as well be in command of Cobra anyway, since Cobra Commander always seems to come off as a bit of a twit.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/14/2007 3:21:11 PM

^ Um, Billy Dee Williams was only in ONE Batman movie.

Robots in Various Disguises (Article) - 6/28/2007 9:02:56 PM

Well, in terms of continuing the G1/Beast saga, there were the old Botcon comics: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Primeval_Dawn. 3H's collapse prevented any closure to these storylines, although it's confirmed that several G1 characters are still around in one form or another post-Beast Machines. At least some of the loose ends from 3H's story were wrapped up in the first arc from the new Transformers Collector Club comics, which IDW have released in TPB form: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Balancing_Act. The current TFCC comic arc is based on the Classics line, which is apparently follows up the Marvel G1/G2 continuity (hopefully this will also get released in TPB). As for a G1 sequel 'toon...your best shot probably would have been this: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Transtech. I don't know about any of you, but I would have taken this series over those cruddy excuses for anime Hasbro's been importing.

COWBOYS & ALIENS Invade Theaters (Article) - 6/21/2007 9:38:00 PM

IIRC, "Cowboys & Aliens" was the theme of a Far Side cartoon once.

Jaws Attack Shark Statue (Article) - 6/13/2007 6:30:27 PM

Damn...you would think after 30 years one of these companies would be able to put a Jaws sculpture that actually LOOKS like the shark in the movie, 'cuz this one don't look a thing like 'Bruce'.

JOCHIMUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA