All jppintar326's Comments

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Leviathan (Article) - 8/19/2014 9:16:33 AM

If you saw Deep Star Six before you saw Leviathan, Leviathan will be seen as a great improvement.  Deep Star Six was stupid and best left forgotten.  Leviathan is actually pretty good.  Haven't seen it in a while and it pales in comparison to The Abyss but I have wasted two hours of my life on much worse.

Robin Williams has Passed (Article) - 8/11/2014 5:29:39 PM

Stunned by the news.  Still hasn't sunk in yet even though it is all over the internet and TV.  May he rest in peace.

The Summer of '84: Revenge of the Nerds (Article) - 7/23/2014 1:10:41 PM

Remember Animal House also had dated humor in it too. Remeber the scene when one of the Deltas found out he had sex with a 14 year old girl.  Also, Bluto basically kidnapped one of the girls at the end and drove off with her.

The Summer of '84: The Last Starfighter (Article) - 7/14/2014 5:07:19 PM

loved this movie and so did my father.  My dad noted that Robert Preston was playing the same type of character that he played in The Music Man.  You can connect with it personally because like many kids back then, I loved video games.  Now what if the video game was a test and you had to fight it for real.  I mean that is a great adventure for many to aspire to.  It was fun back then and still fun now.

5 Disney Classics - First Time on Blu-ray (Article) - 7/2/2014 2:57:01 PM

Hercules might be the worst Disney animated film ever.  The main character is just a stupid doofus and there is no sense of adventure to it.  Watch an episode of Hercules The Legendary Journeys instead.

The Summer of '84: Conan the Destroyer (Article) - 6/30/2014 2:03:42 PM

Haven't watched this one in a while.  The first one does still hold up because of the genuine sense of danger.  The second one is watchable but rather forgettable.

Mania Review: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Article) - 6/29/2014 7:06:16 AM

Gave up that this series was going to be anything special two movies ago.  I might see or might not.  Does it really matter?  Has there ever been a series of movies that were a bigger waste of time to watch than this one?  Well, Twilight maybe.

Terry Richards Has Passed (Article) - 6/27/2014 6:30:39 AM

That scene still gets a laugh.  RIP to him.

8 Great GIANT TRANSFORMERS Toys (Article) - 6/26/2014 2:59:16 PM

That Devastator scene from the Transformers animated movie is a reminder how bad Michael Bay's movies are.

Blu-ray Review: The Grand Budapest Hotel (Article) - 6/26/2014 7:27:39 AM

Wes Anderson is an acquired taste I have not acquired.  The appeal of his movies escape me.  I have more or less given up trying so I will skip this movie and his future films.

JPPINTAR326'S MANIACAL PERSONA