All jppintar326's Comments

Possible Star Trek 3 Plot (Article) - 3/24/2014 6:50:35 AM

How about centering the movie on the relationship between Kirk and Carol Marcus.  Maybe, whe will get pregnant and have a son named David.  Maybe in this universe, Kirk and Carol can be together and raise their son together?  Or are they destined to go down the same path where David is killed by the Klingons all over again?

Mania Review: Muppets Most Wanted (Article) - 3/24/2014 6:44:19 AM

Found Jim Henson's last appearance on The Arsenio Hall Show just three weeks before he died.  Sad that we lost him at a young age and we also lost one of his sons this year at a young age too.  I will see this movie but let's face it, the Muppets have not been the same since Jim Henson died.  Now with most of the original Muppet performers either dead or retired, it will very difficult for this generation of Muppet performers to put their own stamp on these characters.

The Spring of '84: Police Academy (Article) - 3/24/2014 6:38:28 AM

The films were guilty pleasures.  Maybe they don't age well but I think they are still fun to watch and take you back to a simpler time when these kind of jokes were funny.

Ivan Reitman Out of Ghostbusters III (Article) - 3/19/2014 5:54:23 PM

Scuttle the entire project altogether.  We don't need another remake of an 80s movie.

Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer (Article) - 3/5/2014 12:59:06 PM

Another movie where all the human characters are uninteresting arrogant idiots who think they can control the Transformers.  Looks like we will once again good actors slumming it for a paycheck and the actual characters we care about, that would be the Transformers themselves. are just CGI figures that don't seem real to us.

In Memoriam: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Article) - 2/5/2014 8:21:34 AM

I loved his role in Twister.  Again taking a nothing role and making the character funny and funny to be around.  I like when he tried to give Jonas a sloppy kiss.  I also liked the underrated Owning Mahoney about a compulsive gamble trying to do anything to get that next bet.

Mania Review: Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Article) - 1/19/2014 10:29:33 AM

This movie was originally supposed to come out Christmas Day.  However, the studio wanted to release The Wolf of Wall Street for Oscar contention at the same time.  Releasing it on President's Day would mean they would be competing with Robocop.  Maybe March would have been better?

Lou Scheimer Has Passed (Article) - 10/18/2013 6:20:27 PM

Another sign that your childhood is gone.  RIP to a man who made my childhood awesome.

NYCC 2013: Mattel Unleashes New Batman Figures! (Article) - 10/14/2013 1:24:55 PM

I think I just felt myself going broke in 2014.

Top 10 John Carpenter Films (Article) - 10/2/2013 9:40:08 AM

Halloween at #2?  It should be #1.  The debate should be where the other 9 go.  I would put Assault on Precinct 13 higher.  The Thing is wildly overrated.

JPPINTAR326'S MANIACAL PERSONA