All jppintar326's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,012

The Winter of '84: 1984 (Article) - 12/18/2014 2:45:55 PM

Faithful, if maybe a little too faithful to the book, which I read in high school.  It is a dark story and not exactly a good time at the movies.  Still, it is an interesting look at a possible future that may still happen thirty years later.  Richard Burton is very good in his last film after wasting his talent on cash grabs like Exorcist II in his later years.

The Winter of '84: Dune (Article) - 12/15/2014 5:17:59 PM

Very boring movie.  Endless with people sleepwalking through it.  Only Patrick Stewart livens things up a bit.  Buy the SciFi channel version instead.

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/9/2014 2:57:43 PM

2010 is as underrated as 2001 is overrated.  I was never a Kubrick fan.  The only film of hisI thought was graet was Dr. Strangelove.  The others have been well made but overlong and self indulgent.  2010 is a great movie with appealing characters and a story that actually makes sense in the end.

The Winter of '84: Beverly Hills Cop (Article) - 12/8/2014 2:58:31 PM

This movie has not aged well.  Murphy is still funny but the plot is simply taken too seriously.  I remember the second one better than the first one, probably because I was ten when the original came out and 13 when the second one came out and I was allowed to watch more R rated movies when I was older.  Both of them were entertaining in their time (the less said about the third one, the better) but these were 80s movies that don't  stand the test of time.

Terminator: Genisys - Trailer (Article) - 12/5/2014 4:42:11 PM

Need to get Doc Brown from Back to the Futrue just to explain the trailer. I have the feeling the movie itself will cause discussions all over the internet.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Breaktheinternet (Article) - 12/4/2014 5:33:01 PM

To me, Star Trek ran its course and it was time to move on.  No reboots or reimagnings were necessary.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Breaktheinternet (Article) - 12/1/2014 1:58:50 PM

Enough with the George Lucas bashing.  There wouldn't be a Star Wars if it weren't for him.  Know where Lucas is right now?  Laughing all the way to the bank.  I imagine he will get a percentage from Episode VII and any other Star Wars film and television shows afterward.  Episode VII is still a year away.  You may watch it and realize that Episodes I, II, and III were better.  I'm skeptical of the overrated JJ Abrams.  He may mess up Star Wars like he did Star Trek.

The Fall of '84: Missing in Action (Article) - 11/17/2014 6:40:25 PM

Yes, you shouldn't take the politics of the Missing In Action movies or the Rambo movies seriously.  Since I was only in my early teens when I watched these movies, I just saw them as action movies where a lot of stuff blows up.and Chuck Norris says as little dialouge as possible.  The movie's politics are embarassingly dated and right wing but I will still watch them.

The Fall of '84: A Nightmare on Elm Street (Article) - 11/11/2014 2:19:03 PM

The 2nd one was dull and diverted away from the original premise.  Dream Child and Freddy's Dead are okay but the series was spinning its wheels after the superior Dream Warriors and Dream Master.

The Fall of '84: A Nightmare on Elm Street (Article) - 11/10/2014 1:42:02 PM

That horrible ending still annoys me.  It was until Nightmare on Elm Street 3 that they put an actual on the film.  3&4 are still my favorites.  They probably should have stopped at four.  The second one is my pick for the worst of the series.  The original still holds up but minus the ending.

JPPINTAR326'S MANIACAL PERSONA