All jppintar326's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,018

NEW Ghostbusters Cast Announced (Article) - 1/27/2015 4:09:54 PM

Complete waste of time and money.  Can't stand Melissa McCarthy so I don't regard it as a waste of talent.

Fantastic Four: Official Teaser Trailer (Article) - 1/27/2015 4:06:49 PM

Can't get excited about this either way.  I just have no interest in another reboot.

The Flash: Revenge of the Rogues Review (Article) - 1/23/2015 5:43:17 PM

Love the "Cross the Streams" reference from Ghostbusters.

Mania Review: Taken 3 (Article) - 1/9/2015 2:48:06 PM

When I heard they were killing off the wife, I had no interest.

The Best Movies of 2014 (Article) - 12/30/2014 2:20:22 PM

Forget the best.  What was the worst movies of the year?  As a voter in the Razzies Awards, I want to know what to vote for.  Note:  voting for the latest unfunny Adam Sandler movie is just getting old.

The Winter of '84: Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo (Article) - 12/22/2014 2:32:26 PM

Never watched this movie but the phrase Electric Boogaloo is classic.

The Winter of '84: 1984 (Article) - 12/18/2014 2:45:55 PM

Faithful, if maybe a little too faithful to the book, which I read in high school.  It is a dark story and not exactly a good time at the movies.  Still, it is an interesting look at a possible future that may still happen thirty years later.  Richard Burton is very good in his last film after wasting his talent on cash grabs like Exorcist II in his later years.

The Winter of '84: Dune (Article) - 12/15/2014 5:17:59 PM

Very boring movie.  Endless with people sleepwalking through it.  Only Patrick Stewart livens things up a bit.  Buy the SciFi channel version instead.

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/9/2014 2:57:43 PM

2010 is as underrated as 2001 is overrated.  I was never a Kubrick fan.  The only film of hisI thought was graet was Dr. Strangelove.  The others have been well made but overlong and self indulgent.  2010 is a great movie with appealing characters and a story that actually makes sense in the end.

The Winter of '84: Beverly Hills Cop (Article) - 12/8/2014 2:58:31 PM

This movie has not aged well.  Murphy is still funny but the plot is simply taken too seriously.  I remember the second one better than the first one, probably because I was ten when the original came out and 13 when the second one came out and I was allowed to watch more R rated movies when I was older.  Both of them were entertaining in their time (the less said about the third one, the better) but these were 80s movies that don't  stand the test of time.

JPPINTAR326'S MANIACAL PERSONA