All jrok78's Comments

1 2 >  >>

S-O-R: Selling the Sizzle of Schlock (Article) - 8/29/2013 1:10:42 PM

Blessing and a curse indeed. Lost a lot of sleep going down the wormhole. As for The Beyond, the spider scene and the plumber rising from the tub scene are so epic. I think a good gag idea would be to film people on planes or trains calmly watching Fulci scenes on a laptop just to see what the people sitting near them do...

S-O-R: Selling the Sizzle of Schlock (Article) - 8/29/2013 7:27:10 AM

Amen Chuck. It is amazing how much things have changed. Only 15-20 years ago watching obscure, schlocky films felt so novel and rare. As though it required a lot of effort to explore and discover buried treasure. Now you can google stuff and watch just about anything you want within minutes. I recently watched the Beyond while streaming it onboard a plane. I had to cover the screen during a few of the scenes so that no on nearby would see and think, what kind of sick fuck am I sitting next to? True story.

Also, nice Ghostbusters reference.

Shock-O-Rama: Carnival of Souls (Article) - 8/26/2013 12:02:46 PM

Yeah, Carnival of Souls is creepy. Today's horror could learn a thing or two from it.

Dexter: Time Served (Article) - 8/22/2013 9:33:28 AM

Agree Ddiaz. I think he would probably get his story optioned for a Showtime original series.

Shock-O-Rama: Hackers - The Sounds of Cyberpunk (Article) - 8/8/2013 6:13:26 AM

Nice work, Chuck....great point about cyberpunk. I guess you can include the Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic, Strange Days and Blade Runner in that genre. But I don't know if it has received its fair attention in film recently.

Comic Con vs. Star Wars Celebration (Article) - 8/1/2013 9:10:11 AM

Bob, very cool that you attended and great coverage overall.

I think the main difference sounds like SWC is just smaller than SDCC and therefore a hell of a lot less stressful as an attendee/fan.

My question is, if you had to choose between one or the other, which one do you think is the overall superior conference to attend?

The Summer of '83: Krull (Article) - 7/29/2013 6:27:17 AM

I remember being really really sad when the Cyclops buys it.

Star Wars Celebration Europe II: Press Night (Article) - 7/26/2013 8:37:41 AM

Rock on Bob...take some uppers and get after it!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/25/2013 7:53:11 AM

10,703rd.

Guilty Cinematic Junk Food (Article) - 7/25/2013 7:52:09 AM

Well done. I have a rule where for every 5 movies I watch, at least 1 must be a mindless guilty pleasure. But for me, this doesn't mean Michael Bay blockbusters that spend $200 million to test the bounds of stupidity. More often I opt for grindhouse, exploitation and shlocky horror, where the poor acting and bad dialog is far less offensive.

JROK78'S MANIACAL PERSONA