All kalel's Comments

TV Wasteland: It%u2019s a Bird, It%u2019s a Plane (Article) - 5/13/2011 1:07:30 AM

Another thing is Smallville is now the longest running North AMerican genre tv show not just in calendar but in episode total beating another S series the orginal Stargate tv series.

Padilha Rebooting ROBOCOP? (Article) - 3/8/2011 9:56:42 PM

Actually wasn't there a tv series, mini series and cartoon for RObocop as well?

Smallville: Lex Luthor Will Be Back (Article) - 2/16/2011 9:33:36 AM

First and foremost why do people insist this is a Superman show it is not one sure it has aspects from the Super universe but it never claimed to be one.  Now back on topic it will be great to see Mike R back especially given what might of been his last appearence if he he opted not to return but we have to be realestic he returned as someone else stated out of fear and not a case of wanting a good episode story or enough money but what kind of fanbase would he have if he did not return.  Rumors say aside from Lex Darkesid is due to also appear in the finale with further rumors saying Lex will either be infected by Darkseid or comes up with some sort of version of his familar battlesuit which may or may notbe part of a aerial battle with a flying Clark.

Lois Lane Casting Game Heats Up (Article) - 2/2/2011 8:29:37 PM

I cannot spell it but how about the actress who plays Beckett on Castle.

Caprica Finishes On DVD First (Article) - 11/20/2010 7:11:39 AM

Hobbs,

I know about the other show but I am sure since as I understand its done by the peple the same people who did Caprica and BG they approached whomever with the idea and since Caprica was on already on they opted to say you can either have Caprica or the new show but not both.  Now some people say they do not like Caprica cause it does not have the same kind of grit and stories as BG they figure the new series will give the powers that be a series they think everyone wants.

Caprica Finishes On DVD First (Article) - 11/18/2010 2:04:33 AM

Glad to be in Canada we are getting the episodes.  I am disappointed they are ending makes me wonder if the powers that be were not pushing another BG series if Caprica would of given more of a chance.

SMALLVILLE Teases 10th Season Blowout (Article) - 9/15/2010 2:47:10 AM

As much as I enjoy Smallville and Superman related to be perfectly honest this last season has me a tad worried with all the appearences and rumors circling I wonder no pun intended if everything will be given it's proper justice and something that potentially come up short.  I hope the rumors are that they will sorta borow a page from the original Stargate tv show and have a finale where the bulk of the Season stories will be resolved and then have a 2 hour telefilm like Absolute Justice to resolve some of the looose ends of the series as a whole.  I have to also as a Smaller and SuperFan it will be part kind of bitter sweet when the show ends.  By this sure some of the stories were not great but it was neat to see a weekly non annimated series involving one of my favourite characters for the past 10 years there are times when I thought they if you end it now and just end it already.  I am hoping the powers that be will surprise me with a"super" no pun intended final season.

10 Coolest Superman Stories to Date (Article) - 8/7/2010 9:03:28 PM

For all of you who say you dfo not like Smallville for it's bad Superman stories this is not a Superman show and while I am not saying everything they have done has been great and not say its dull cr*p. but when you look at previous versions printed and screen they have never realy dealt with this time in Supermans/Clarks life before.

Now back on topic.  As mentioned above Man of All Seasons and the Alam Moore Annual.

In the old mythos pre ther original crisis might I suggest Superman 300 which even though I have yet to Red Son makes me wonder if this where they got a little inspiration and had a young Kalel/Clark when he arrives on Earth itsdurning the cold war and not on land but in International waters where the USA get to him first before the Russians and rais him in secret and thats all I will spoil.  Another pre-cris story was I think within a year of the Byrne reboot and it was to deal if there was no Superman around how he might of been created.

As for pre reboot bothe ACtion and Superman Annuals I believe there were in 1991 but they were part of the Armeggddon 2001 storylines wheich dealt with a sort of what if re Supes life that same year they did a Adventures of Superman and while a few parts were good overall the other 2 were better plus 2 other non Super related issues that were great as well were Detective and Batman.Three other reboot storys that sometimes are overlooked because they crossover in all Super titles are a) Time and Time again which had Superman traveling through time with no control of when he would go through time and where.  C) Not sure of this storyline name but it dealt with the introduction of a pocket universe created by Time Trapper had some members of the Legion of Super-Heroes and interesting situation with a Superboy.C) was the storyline involving a villian called Conduit which even though it was quite some before he appeared was sorta like Hush in the Batman books of even though he had never appeared was someone that new our hero before he was trully Super but new alot of secrets about Clark.  Smallville has tried to do a few different versions of him without much success.

Finally someone above gave a episode of STAS I would like to also state one I believed it was called Hereafter and in part it appears to everyone Superman has died but without revealing more then this next line he actually got transported to way future where he is powerless and ends up meeting up with a very unique Vandal Savage.  I believe it was from the first season.

Sorry for the ramble but this is one great topic. When will you do Batman?  Hahaha !!!

10 Best Cinematic Mindfucks (Article) - 7/16/2010 4:00:29 AM

I think I am going to do the ultimate Mindf and state 2 movies that no one will probably think are but still kind of surprising.

1) THe first Back to the Future - Just for the fact that at the end so many things changed from what things were like before Marty's little trip.  I figured somethings would be different but not that much.

2) In someways this movie is a little less known movie called The Final Countdown.  Now for anyone that is not familar with this movie the main part of the movie is a USS aircraft carrier goes back in time to the day before Pearl Harbor. Now a big part of this flick is if they should attempt to change history.  Now for me thats not the mindf moment for me it was who are Martin Sheen's bosses for a lack of a better term.  I will not say anymore.

Finally I do not know if this is the correct way to do this but I think a neat for a lack of a better term a cool companion to this article could be a list of 10 Best Mind TV Series and or Episodes.

SUPERMAN: GROUNDED (Article) - 7/8/2010 9:05:58 PM

If it is not evident by my handle I am a superfan but I have to say the following things.  Over the past year my biggest complaints were a) Action Comics increasing in price and adding a Captain Atom back up story.  I liked the back up stories but not if it is a character like Captain Atom.  If you have to do a back up story have it be a regular reconizable member of the Super family.  Also do not increase the price I know alot of people are using it as a excuse but for some money is tight these days.  b) All these crossover events I do not mind maybe one year but it seemed just as one ended another one was starting up.  I am aware they stated no crossovers are planned for the imediate future but still.  Also have them like some of the crossover events of times past.  There were was a few situations in which I missed getting a part cause it was not a regular title I collect which made me have to wait so I could get the whole jist of the story.  As for the new Grounded storyline part of it sounds interesting and I do not want them to drag it out but why have him walk accross just the USA.  I know some will say this is silly but depending on some sources some of the roots of the character are CAnadian you could not have hime if not come into Canada come real close plus having him walk accross the globe when in some cases the world could use a good does of global unity what would be better then have a comic showing Superman in your country which maybe make things more relatable.

KALEL'S MANIACAL PERSONA