All kalel's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

8 Annoying TV Characters (Article) - 11/19/2009 12:48:56 PM

Other Vulcans on the various Treks and I am not just talking Spock were not as annoying as Tuvok.  Two of the things I disliked that annoyed me is when someone did not do something he thought was right he would make a point of embarassing them in front of everyone and then it usally was followed by him doing something fairly similar to it.

8 Annoying TV Characters (Article) - 11/16/2009 9:47:07 PM

I know its no longer on the air but Tuvok from Voyager it seemed like he was always talking down and thinking he was superior to everyone.

The 5 Comics Fans You Meet in Hell (Article) - 11/16/2009 9:35:19 PM

You forgot the whinny fanboy who buys 5 copies of each book that is found on the wizard hot list in the Wizard year end special issue and then when a person who worked on the comic is at a con he or she is at does not sign he or she will whinning and have a temper tantrum until the book gets signed and signed like they want.

5 Rules for Comic Movies (Article) - 10/10/2009 12:15:14 PM

Actually you forgot a big rule do not give the hero a new power that never appeared in the comic books, a previous movie, cartoon or live action tv show.  Do I even have to mention Supermans magic plastic shield from Superman 2 or his vision that was able to rebuild the Great Wall of China in #3.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/1/2009 4:22:19 AM

I think it would be cool if they CGI Lizard and made him look like the Gorn in Enterprise.

6 SMALLVILLE Heroes and Villains We Need to See (Article) - 9/26/2009 2:14:16 AM

I am a long time viewer of Small and have to say in someways there versions of both heroes and villians have been interesting.  Now I am not saying all have been great and I am not saying they have all been bad. find your list interesting but given this is the small screen here our some comments.

Lobo will not be a alien but a loud brash biker dude who likes to drink and party.

Solomon Grundy while not a traditional or known as a Supes villian might be hokey mind you if there was a episode with the Spectre it might work and have Spectre and Supes/Clark team up to fight him.

Darkseid would have to be a villian hinted at for most of a season to appear in a season or series finale or even though it is unlikely have him responsible for Zod surviving Krypton somehow.  Mind you they could of placed some leg work early on cause they had had characters Morgan Edge and Bruno Manheim in show earlier and if they had thought it cool could of done something there.

Now for your heroes.

I already stated about Spectre.

As for Bruce Wayne/Bats I understand why they could not of had either character but why not even have a mention similar to above have a headline saying Wayne Enterprises lost a contract to Luthor Corp or have Wayne Enterprises build something in Metropolis or have in the news that Bruce Wayne/Wayne Enterprises try to buy the Daily Planet or some other media in Metropolis.

As for Superman and I have said this elsewhere even though it is unlikely I think it would be neat if in the series finale have a scene similar to Superman 1 where there is some sort of emergency outside of Metropolis involving Lois and he does a alley costume change and have him rip open his shirt just as he gets in front of the camera and have the traditonal "S" then a fade to black.

Finally I have not read all the comments but how about have Perry comeback and some mention of Martha since as much as a lot of viewers/fans of the show would like to see her I doubt it would ever occur.  Also without it being hokey or one of the  "freaks of the week" how about have a original villian never seen in any comics, movies, tvc shows, etc before.

5 Ways the Comic Book Industry Can Fix Itself Simply With Issue Numbering (Article) - 7/8/2009 11:02:27 AM

You forgot a few.

How about aside from a different cover a nice and easy way to tell a second or third ... printing from the first.  A) This only works if you know that there is more then one printing. B) If you have seen the other printings and C) If it's in done in away not to be confused with a comic where the first print that had multiple covers.

Cut the down of price guides out there.  Way back when I started collecting there was one main guide but now there are so many so you went to a store to try to sell it or were curious about the value it was easy but now you could get such a wide range of value.

Get rid of dealers incentives. It seems more and more when I read previews it says if a store orders/purchases X number of a issue they get a variant of that issue then the store opts to sell that variant for a premium price or they stow it away until the guides start listing it at a uber value some collectors could never hope to get uinless they get it as a gift.

Come up with a universal price for books not based on exchange rates but based on type or format of book.  Especially in cases of how you look at current stock market I know its not possible to have a up to date exhange rate but you look at one company that has a price of 2.99 and it charges x Canadian but you go to another company and may find what appears to be a similar kind of book but it might not necessarily price at 2.99.  I know a few years ago there was a short time the Canadian dollar was worth more then the USA one but did the comics price themselves above the USA  no they had one price for both. Plus I like to know if I am trying to figure out how much money I might spend when hitting my comic/hobby store if I am only purchasing X amount of this type of book.

Clearly define the term crossover sometimes when I am buying a storyline and it lists a title and issue outside of my regular purchases I have to consider do I realy have to purchase it so I understand everything which in turn might not be known till end of story.

Stop the collectabilty of second, third ... printings.  For the most part I do not collect for value but I do look at price guides every so often and where I see first printings listed lower then subsequent printings.  Sometimes it makes one think is there realy any point of getting a first print.

Finally when you have storylines in regular books or have a limited series have a contract laid out that barring a heath and or family issue that sory is told in consecutive issues before you start the next and more importantly the same people does it.  Take a few years ago the had a Last Son storyline in Action Comics they had the first 3 issues and then there was a bunch of issues and they finally finished it in a annual.  A) This was a drag cause of the higher price annuals are in relation to regular books and B) More importantly it came out  so much after the fact after part 3 it was a hastle to go back to read the first 3 just to refresh my memory..

Sorry to ramble.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/3/2009 9:52:40 PM

I'm just glad that they do not have a Nick Cage as Supes I feel sorry for his son Kalel.  Realistically how can anyone be expected to be treated with the name Kalel  heck what do you call them for short.  Anyway as interesting as the Death of Superman storyline could be done as a movie I would be afraid it might turnout like the annimated one.  On a side note there are several stories and good writers out thre why does a comic book movie always have to be based on a comic book story and if so why just one?

MUTANTS High for Universal (Article) - 6/25/2009 4:10:39 AM

Supernatural had a kind of fun episode this past season whewre one spooky creature took the looks of various classic monsters of yesteryear and it was kind of fun.  As long as it does not get to corney this could be pretty good.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/26/2009 1:37:10 AM

up here in canada we are close to the end of the season and have to say i have been pleasently surprised with this toon.  to gear people up for the release of the movie on the 25th they did a marathon from 7am to noon.  so far the only new toon i have not been pleased with is the new iron man one.

KALEL'S MANIACAL PERSONA