All karas1's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 3,256

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 3/4/2015 7:51:39 AM

Will you be providing young husbands for those of us of the female sex?  I could use a handsome young stud to help out around the house, dig the car out of the snow and such.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/19/2015 11:03:05 AM

It shouldn't even be that difficult.  Non comics fans had no idea who Iron Man or the Guardians of the Galaxy were.  But those movies were huge hits.  Because they were really good movies.

Find the hispanic hero of your choice and make a GOOD movie about him.  Soon after it opens he'll be in Happy Meals and on tee shirts and all kinds of merchendise across the planet.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/19/2015 10:58:14 AM

Theicon, not to be culturally insensitive or anything but I don't care who Miles Morales is.  He isn't Peter Parker and Peter Parker is Spiderman.  I'd feel the same way no matter who else was putting on the Spidey suit.  Be that person man or woman, white, black, hispanic, asian or Australian aborigine, if it's not Peter Parker it's not the Spiderman I'm interested in.

I have no objection at all to seeing movies featuring heroes of any and all races, gender identities, sexes, religions, cultural identities or even species.  But let's see new heroes, not repurpose old ones.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/19/2015 6:01:39 AM

Our discussions on the Lost review posts were always entertaining.  Mind stretching.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 1:06:48 PM

The presence of the polar bears was explained.  They were imported to the island by the Dharma people for experimental purposes.  Later Jack was kept in the polar bear enclosure by Ben and his people.

It was seen that there were horses on the island too.  I assume the Dharma people brought them too.  But this was a specific horse from Kate's past.  Or so she thought.  She didn't get a really good look at it.  Perhaps it was just a similar horse.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 12:20:29 PM

The fact that Sawyer also saw the horse doesn't signify.  When Smokey was being Locke everybody saw him.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 11:52:32 AM

Lost trivia

1) Wasn't it Libby that sold Desmond the boat?

2) Don't remember

3) Eko killed his brother who killed the priest Eko studdied priesting under. I think. It's been a while.

4) Hurley?

5) I think the smoke monster was a horse at one point. Locke. Jack's dad. Eko's brother. Um, Danielle's murdered husband?

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 11:01:43 AM

I loved Lost.  Untill the last episode.  Then they threw it all away because the last episode made no sense at all.

Peter Parker is Spiderman and he's white.  Instead of making Spiderman black why not find a black superhero in the Marvel universe (there are plenty to choose from) and include him in the movie?  Like they did with the Captain America movie.  Or a hero of some other minority.  Then they can be all racially and culturally diverse.

Or they can just accept that Spiderman was invented before cultural diversity was a thing and stay with the character's roots.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/17/2015 5:54:06 PM

My start date says 2006, but I seem to remember I was previously signed in as KaraS and there was some problem so I had to reregister.  I know it's been over 10 years.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/15/2015 9:32:09 AM

End of an era.  I liked it here because of the people, my fellow Maniacs, and I'll miss you all.   I've had good times here for the last decade or more.  Lots of fun discussions.

Anybody who wants to friend me on Facebook, I'm Kara Stern.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA