All karas1's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 3,183
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Doctor Who: Into The Dalek Teaser (Article) - 8/27/2014 9:32:40 AM

Interesting.

Are there going to be reviews of the new eps of Dr Who?

Sir Richard Attenborough Has Passed (Article) - 8/25/2014 7:55:14 AM

Also he has narated many, many nature documentaries.

Mania Box Office Report: Turtles and Guardians on Top (Article) - 8/19/2014 7:04:15 AM

I took my Mom to Expendables 3.  We were looking for a movie to see and there wasn't anything else even semi appealing to her at the local theater.  You say this movie is for kids but I didn't see any in the audience.  Everybody there seemed to be over 50.

We both enjoyed the film.  Seeing all these stars who, back in the day, would have headlined their own movies working together was fun.  We haven't seen the first 2 films in the franchise but we may need to look them up.

Did anybody else notice how young Wesley Snipes looked?  He looks fresh as a daisy!  All the other aging action stars looked their ages but Snipes looked more like the young blood actors Sly recruited to fill in.   He must have had a lot of work done.

It's been a bad summer for films.  There have been a few good ones but there have been a lot of weekends where we wanted to go to the movies but nothing appealing was playing.  The past few years so many interesting movies were coming out over the summer that I couldn't keep up.  Not a problem for the summer of '14.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Hercules, Tarzan, Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Article) - 8/13/2014 12:04:19 PM

I know Redhairs.  I don't know if it's better than Mary Poppins but it's easily just as good.

And Angela Lansbury was one hot chick back in the day!

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Hercules, Tarzan, Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Article) - 8/12/2014 3:27:25 PM

I always loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks.  The animated parts are lots of fun but I think the best part of the movie for me was the part at the flea market.  The song Portabello Road is exceptional and the dance number is sprightly and fun.

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Score 2nd Best Weekend (Article) - 8/11/2014 6:03:20 PM

momitchell, my local theater has a big sign that outside food is not allowed and that backpacks will be searched.  On the other hand, sometimes there isn't even anybody there to tear my ticket and I've never seen them search anybody's bag.  But being a lady with a big purse has advantages when you want to sneak a bottle of water into the theater.

I buy my popcorn there.  It's overpriced but it's really good and they have various flavorings you can shake on it to make it especially tasty!  They'll even fill it up half way, put the butter flavored oil and the flavor powder on it then fill it up the rest of the way and repeat.

NEW Doctor Who Series 8 Trailer (Article) - 8/10/2014 7:38:48 PM

Bring it on.  Matt Smith grew on me but he was never my favorite Doctor.  Looking forward to seeing what this new guy can do.

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Score 2nd Best Weekend (Article) - 8/10/2014 7:35:07 PM

Man up and go to a movie by yourself.  I saw GotG by myself last weekend and Into the Storm by myself this weekend.  Maybe I'm just sad but I can't get my family to see some of my more frivilous movie choices with me.

Maybe when my neice and nephew are a little older I can take them to movies but  they are still too young.  We did have an expedition to the Museum of Natural History on Friday though.  First the planeterium, then the exhibit on Pterosaurs.

But about Into the Storm, fun flick.  Lots of awesome weather, tornadoes sucking up fire and mowing down buildings and stuff.  It's not going to win any Oscars but I enjoyed it.

Marvel's Phase 1 & 2 - A Look Back (Article) - 8/6/2014 7:39:27 AM

Do the players on this fantasy team get to keep their equipment?  Captain America and The Hulk would make pretty good players but Iron Man without his armor would be a liability.  And what team are they going to play against?

Marvel Female Superhero FILM Coming Soon (Article) - 8/6/2014 7:34:59 AM

PC isn't garbage.  Those of us who aren't straight white males would like to see a few movies where somebody like us kicks the butt and takes the names.

It can be done.  Does anybody think that Ripley from the Aliens films isn't a butt kicking superhero?  How about The Bride from the Kill Bill films?

But it's rare.  Studios avoid making such films because they think movies centered around a strong woman won't make money.  Therefore few are made and the studios can acurately say that few movies centered around strong women are hits.  It's a self fulfilling prophesy.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA