All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,721 - 2,730 of 3,074

Two-Week HANGOVER for WB (Article) - 6/15/2009 11:37:50 AM

I saw a trailer for a Sherlock Holmes film coming at Christmas time with Robert Downey Jr.  It looks like it will be fun.

TERMINATOR Topples Overseas Again (Article) - 6/15/2009 11:33:17 AM

Um, Hanso?  I liked it.

PRIMEVAL Axed by ITV (Article) - 6/15/2009 11:31:34 AM

Well, that's a shame.  I've been really enjoying it on Scifi.

THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 Movie Review (Article) - 6/15/2009 4:16:29 AM

Saw Pelham 123 yesterday and liked it.  It's not an Oscar contender but Travolta and Washington did a good job.  Not the worst movie of the summer by a long shot.

Two-Week HANGOVER for WB (Article) - 6/15/2009 3:50:14 AM

I saw Pelham 123 yesterday.  It was exciting and entertaining though really, nothing that special.  Travolta is rather good at playing a clever psychopath.

I saw Terminator last Wednesday and I really enjoyed it.  The FX were cool and the plot made as much sense as your average action flick.  I liked Marcus.  I hope they bring him back for the next one.  So, they removed his heart.  He's a cyborg.  It will regrow.  He can cope.

KaraS

Sunday Night Stakeout (Article) - 6/8/2009 11:49:46 AM

Don't worry Wiseguy.  Albert Einstein always turns me on :-P

6 Evil Henchmen Who Sucked at Their Job (Article) - 6/8/2009 4:11:43 AM

Yay!  They  are back.  Thank you.

Brings a smile to my Monday morning.

Sunday Night Stakeout (Article) - 6/8/2009 3:52:22 AM

I've really been enjoying Primeval.  It features an intriguing selection of CGI dinos and other creatures and some really hunky leading men.  A good time to be sure.

LAND OF THE LOST (Article) - 6/6/2009 9:12:48 AM

Beating a dead horse is where it's at Wiseguy.  If Fart Jokes: The Movie does well, then we are sure to see Fart Jokes #2 next summer and Fart Jokes #3 the summer after that.  And some other studio will get into the act with Burp Jokes #1 through 6.  And whatever humor or originality there might have been about the first film will be long spent.

LAND OF THE LOST (Article) - 6/6/2009 7:39:59 AM

To be honest, I never saw Dumb and Dumber.  I avoid films that glorify stupidity because they piss me off.  The idea that it's cool to be a moron is one of the major things wrong with our society.

For Jim Carrey's entry into the films that are too stupid to bear category we can use Ace Ventura: Pet Dective which I HAVE seen though it was probably 25 years ago.

The thing is, I've seen these comics who specialize in stupid humor, like Farrel and Jim Carrey and even Adam Sandler, in serious dramatic roles and they CAN act.  And those films were even reasonably successful. So why do they keep going back to doing movies about fart jokes and slipping on bananna peels?   It's gotta be the money.

Personally, I wish that if they wan't to show stupid humor films in the summer they could just re-release Ace Ventura (which the current crop of 20 something stupid movie fans have probably never seen) and concentrate on making some good films instead.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA