All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,721 - 2,730 of 3,078

TERMINATOR Topples Overseas Again (Article) - 6/16/2009 9:41:00 AM

I can understand why Terminator fans hated the movie.  They were doubtless expecting a movie about John Connor, that's what it was advertised as.  But while Connor was in the movie he was a supporting character at best.  The movie was about Marcus Wright.  And I'm sure loyal Terminator fans had little interest in this new character.

While I liked the first two Terminator films I wouldn't call myself a loyal fan of the franchise.  I went to the movie to see action sequences with humans fighting big robots and the movie certainly delivered on that.  It actually had a better story than I was expecting, with Marcus Wright trying to figure out who he was.  Was he just a thing, a pawn of Skynet, or was he an actual person with free will?

KaraS

The Best Male Female Match-Ups on TV (Article) - 6/16/2009 4:30:46 AM

You forgot John nd Aeryn from Farscape.

Two-Week HANGOVER for WB (Article) - 6/16/2009 4:13:52 AM

Terminator comes out 6/24 over here so we won't see it this weekend but the next one.  Looking forward to it.

I doubt it will top TDK.  Many people saw TDK to see Heath Ledger's last movie and his performance as The Joker which got great reviews.  Those people will have less interest in Optimius Prime.

My favorite movie I've seen this summer is still Angels & Demons.  So far.

KaraS

TERMINATOR Topples Overseas Again (Article) - 6/16/2009 4:03:38 AM

What jppintar said. Star Trek was rediculious, an exercise in flashy FX with a confused story, poor versions of the characters and a weak, derivitive villian.

Spoilers I guess.

Terminator Salvation was an exciting film. The FX were more interesting that Star Trek's (which I thought were pretty generic). I liked the motorcycle robots and the giant harvester robots and the aquatic robots were pretty cool.

And I liked the characters. Particurlarly I liked Marcus. How confusing would it be to be executed for murder and wake up several decades later to discover that you are now a cyborg? And that you were programmed to betray humanity? And that despite your best intentions, you had already done so? Wow.

There were a few cheesy spots. The inclusion of the Governator in CGI was a little jarring, I was thinking more about the FX at that point than the story. And a few shots of Marcus with parts of the skin on his face torn off to show the machinery underneath were a little unconvincing. But overall, it was a great ride and well worth the price of admission (which you can't say about every movie anymore with tickets at $10 a person).

KaraS

Two-Week HANGOVER for WB (Article) - 6/15/2009 11:37:50 AM

I saw a trailer for a Sherlock Holmes film coming at Christmas time with Robert Downey Jr.  It looks like it will be fun.

TERMINATOR Topples Overseas Again (Article) - 6/15/2009 11:33:17 AM

Um, Hanso?  I liked it.

PRIMEVAL Axed by ITV (Article) - 6/15/2009 11:31:34 AM

Well, that's a shame.  I've been really enjoying it on Scifi.

THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 Movie Review (Article) - 6/15/2009 4:16:29 AM

Saw Pelham 123 yesterday and liked it.  It's not an Oscar contender but Travolta and Washington did a good job.  Not the worst movie of the summer by a long shot.

Two-Week HANGOVER for WB (Article) - 6/15/2009 3:50:14 AM

I saw Pelham 123 yesterday.  It was exciting and entertaining though really, nothing that special.  Travolta is rather good at playing a clever psychopath.

I saw Terminator last Wednesday and I really enjoyed it.  The FX were cool and the plot made as much sense as your average action flick.  I liked Marcus.  I hope they bring him back for the next one.  So, they removed his heart.  He's a cyborg.  It will regrow.  He can cope.

KaraS