All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,721 - 2,730 of 3,149

5 WTF Moments In Movies (Article) - 8/18/2009 11:35:43 AM

Call me crazy, but I liked the voice over in Blade Runner.  It gave the movie kind of a film noir feeling and Ford's monotone naration was endemic of how unemotional and burned out he had become through his life as a professional assassin.  Watching versions of the film without it, I miss it very much.

If you want a WTF moment from Blade Runner, try the sudden addition of a dayglow unicorn in the director's cut.  Now THAT was something entirely unexpected (and unnecessary in my oppinion).

As for Alice in Transformers 2, it struck me as a very bright move of the Decepticons to think of transforming into a human.  She made a perfect spy.  She even RODE IN BUMBLEBEE without anybody guessing her true nature.  And if a transformer could duplicate a car with, say, a leather interior, why couldn't it duplicate human skin?

Kara S

7 SFX in Movies That Changed Everything (Article) - 8/17/2009 3:53:23 AM

Wasn't there a Michael Jackson video that did morphing back in the 80s?

But I must admit that watching T2 for the first time in the theater, it blew me away.

10 Movies That Need Action Figures (Article) - 8/15/2009 3:57:16 AM

I'd want a Rachael figure before Gaff.  What did he do besides stand around and make origami figures?  Rachael took down Leon.

10 Movies That Need Action Figures (Article) - 8/14/2009 4:41:27 AM

Why do you think nobody would want a Rachel figure?  And where are Leon and Zhora?  I want a Zhora figure dressed in her stripper costume, complete with snake.

5 Movies that Ripped Off Comics (Article) - 8/14/2009 4:05:51 AM

Sonyman, Harry Potter is a rip off of Tim Hunter from The Books Of Magic from DC.  Tim Hunter was a british teen wizard from a working class background who looks EXACTLY like Harry Potter.  I showed my friend a picture of Tim Hunter and she thought it was Harry Potter.  Hunter even had an owl as a familliar.

Of course, The Books Of Magic had no equivilent of Hogwarts, Tim Hunter learned his magic on the streets of London.  So the storylines are very different.

Warehouse 13: Burnout Review (Article) - 8/13/2009 12:57:40 PM

It's doubtful that the goo would have worked.  It did fine on a feather that dematerializes through walls and a comb that can fit in your palm but they tried it on the hypnotism chair (of DEATH) and it didn't do diddly.  Even if Bering hadn't been unconcious and Latimer hadn't been crazed by the artifact, it's doubtful that it would have worked.

Every object in that huge warehouse probably has one or more stories associated with it.  It was established in the premier that the objects try to escape sometimes.  A mass prison break might be fun.

Bering and Latimer seem to be pretty rough on the artifacts.  First they chopped up the hypnochair, now the electrospine got broken to bits.  Does Artie repair them?  They must be keeping all those dangerous things for some purpose.  Having somebody requisition one for some kind of secret job might be fun.  Perhaps the CIA checks out the cloak of invisibility for use in espionage occasionally.  The possibilities are endless.

Kara S

5 Comic Vampires That Kick TWILIGHT's Ass (Article) - 8/13/2009 12:43:48 PM

AND, the male geeks square off agains the female geeks.

Look, over there, SPORTS FANS!  Let's team up and fight them!

6 Film Aliens That Actually Look Alien (Article) - 8/13/2009 4:28:10 AM

Please, don't demand a remake of Forbidden Planet.  They'd only screw it up.  Just watch the original again instead.

5 Reasons Why GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra Will Suck (Article) - 8/11/2009 10:37:11 AM

ExFanOfThisSite said "I will say that I am thoroughly disappointed that you guys would stoop to this level. I have never seen you do this to a film. ESPECIALLY before seeing it. It's clear that you're full of hatorade!!"

ExFan, you clearly didn't read the article on the reasons Star Trek would suck which was posted before that movie premiered.  This article was simply giving voice to worries that some fans had that the franchise they grew up with wouldn't be respected.

Kara S

Eureka: If You Build It (Article) - 8/11/2009 4:07:30 AM

It was a good episode with the exception of the subplot about Fargo's car.  That was just annoying.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA