All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,721 - 2,730 of 3,180

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/8/2009 11:25:09 AM

Well Starlight, Peter Bishop is kind of hot too.  But I've been following Supernatural for 4 years and Fringe is a Johnny-come-lately. And I never really liked Fringe as much due to it's pretty serious, in fact, humorless, Walter's bizareness notwithstanding.

Perhaps this move to Thursdays is Fox showing Fringe some love.  It was a breakout hit for them last fall, the only new show that did better was The Mentalist, and strangely enough they were on at the same time.  Thursdays a a really big night with advertisers so the networks want their strongest shows on then.  Fox percieves Fringe as their strongest show.  So it goes to Thursdays.

Whether or not that will work out well for them is another question entirely.

Kara S

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/8/2009 3:49:36 AM

Well, it looks like Fringe is on against Supernatural this year and as much as I enjoyed it, the Winchester boys are going to get my business.  Too bad.

DESTINATION Victorious Again (Article) - 9/7/2009 4:35:13 PM

I really liked The Mummy and The Mummy Returns.  They were really fun films.  Van Helsing was one of the worst things I've ever seen, much worse than GI Joe.  I think it all comes down to the script, or in the case of Van Helsing, the lack thereof.

DESTINATION Victorious Again (Article) - 9/7/2009 4:26:19 AM

Perhaps they percieved too much competition earlier in the summer?  If you had a choice of releasing your film in July on the same weekend as one or more other films that would compete for the same audience or on a weekend in August that you could have to yourself, which would you choose?

GAMER Review (Article) - 9/5/2009 3:48:24 AM

Why remake The Running Man?  If you want to see it, why not just watch the original?  It was really high grade cheese, with the Giovenator, Jesse Ventura and Richard Dawson.  You're never going to get a better cast for that movie.

DVD Shopping Bag: Smallville Season 8 on Blu-ray (Article) - 9/4/2009 3:56:17 AM

Edward has better hair than most women.  Or anyway, he spends more time on it.

Unless having great hair is another of those mysterious vampire powers...

DVD Shopping Bag: Smallville Season 8 on Blu-ray (Article) - 9/3/2009 11:48:23 AM

StarlightGuard said "girls....show them a pretty face and they're all a quiver, totally unlike us manly men, right guys?"

Yeah, when you look at actresses you're not looking at their FACES.  At least not until after you've checked out their other... assets.

LOL

Kara S

Warehouse 13: Regrets Review (Article) - 9/3/2009 4:34:19 AM

That huge solid quartz cross must have been very heavy, but Pete was carying it around like it was really light, made of plastic.  Not very convincing.

And I didn't care much for the Claudia and Artie subplot.  It was silly.

DVD Shopping Bag: Smallville Season 8 on Blu-ray (Article) - 9/1/2009 11:29:57 AM

Supernatural is great.  The guys are really hot.  But knowing that would not attract you Starlight, let me say that it is a show that has the ability to do many things.  Some episodes are really scary and some are really funny and some are in between.  Most of them are pretty good, well written.

The actors are good enough to pull off both drama and comedy and not all actors can.

It's a show about things that go bump in the night but mostly it's about the relationship between two brothers

Oh, and the guys are really hot.  Sometimes they have a hot chick guest starring to keep the 18-34 male viewers happy.

Give it a try.  It's much better than Smallville.

Kara S

TV Wasteland: Life on the Horizon (Article) - 9/1/2009 11:20:51 AM

I never had the courage to see the movie of The Mist.  Reading the novella gave me nightmares for 3 nights running and I wasn't a little kid.  I was in college.  It's the scariest thing I've ever read (just barely eclipsing The Colour From Outer Space by HP Lovecraft, a story which also scared Stephen King himself).

If the ending is different, perhaps I should give it a look.  Except I don't have Showtime.  *sigh*

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA