All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,731 - 2,740 of 3,073

Return of Doctor WHO (Article) - 6/5/2009 11:40:32 AM

A little jealousy?  Because I wan't to go adventuring in time and space?  Maybe.

But Rose was awfully selfish and mean to Mickey wasn't she?  He was kind and loyal considerate and she dropped him like a hot potato when the Doctor came along.  And then she asked the Doctor not to allow Mickey on the Tardis because it would cramp her style.

KaraS

LAND OF THE LOST (Article) - 6/5/2009 11:29:49 AM

Gauleyboy, some of us don't find poop jokes and breast grabbing particurlarly funny.  And I've seen enough movies that contain those things to last me the rest of my life and then some.

I don't demand that all my movies be ceberal.  I  like the popcorn action flick as well as the next gal.  But when you get into the realm of complete stupidity it annoys me.

The commercials for this film completely turned me off (and the giant tick grossed me out) so I have no plans to see it.  Anybody who likes that stuff, have fun and don't eat too much popcorn.

Return of Doctor WHO (Article) - 6/4/2009 12:10:07 PM

Rose was a nitwit.  I thought Donna was a more entertaining companion.  The brother/sister vibe she had with Tennant was different from any other companion I've seen (and I've seen all the new episodes up through the end of season 4 of the new show and a LOT of classic Who as well)

Preview: G.I.JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA (Article) - 6/2/2009 12:06:40 PM

I would like to see this film to see Christopher Eccleston.  I liked him in Dr Who and Heros so if he has a big part in the film I want to see it.

I liked the Mummy films, Van Helsing is one of the worst films ever created.

Hanso, you feel the pain Starlight and I felt (and which, having actually seen Star Trek, I feel even worse).  Your formative childhood memories are being defiled by infidels.  I can relate.

KaraS

Pixar's UP Soars to Top (Article) - 6/2/2009 11:38:25 AM

Professional sports are so competetive that if it will give you even a fraction of an advantage they will take it.  The only way to stop it is to make being caught so punative that the risk isn't worth it.  And that hasn't happened yet.

What amused me was when they benched Michael Phelps for smoking marajuna.  That would detract from athletic skills, not enhanse them.  And the time is long passed when sports figures were held up as role models.  Between drugs and dog fighting and wife beating, lately professional athletes have been looking like the last people you'd want your kid to emulate.

Summer Shows Starting Up (Article) - 6/2/2009 11:31:13 AM

I agree with redhairs.  I've been missing the cracked articles too.

KaraS

*Jarrod pulls out his hair and screams with frustration.  He tries to satisfy everybody but it's impossible.*

TORCHWOOD Returns! (Article) - 6/2/2009 4:14:56 AM

Torchwood will never run on Scifi because corporate parent NBC will never be ready to showcase a gay action hero.  It's sad.

KaraS

Summer Shows Starting Up (Article) - 6/1/2009 12:05:18 PM

I have to admit that I kind of like some of the Scifi original movies.  They are usually silly and poorly written but I get a kick out of seeing actors with which I am familliar from other genre roles in them.  Half the cast from Firefly getting chased by mummies in southern California?  Dr McKay vs giant snakes?  Jonas Quinn dating a bug woman?  Pru from Charmed and Daniel Jackson vs an Aztec dragon god?

It's kind of fun and it's nice that these actors that we like are making a pay check.  And getting a free trip to Romania.

Return of Doctor WHO (Article) - 6/1/2009 4:19:02 AM

The Next Doctor starred Tennant.  The title was a bit of a red herring.

Return of Doctor WHO (Article) - 5/29/2009 10:57:07 AM

That's great if you've got BBC America.  Those of us without are SOL.  I hope Scifi will air them eventually.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA