All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,731 - 2,740 of 3,119

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/16/2009 11:04:17 AM

Yeah, Dr Manhattan went commando because he was a god and could do pretty much whatever he wanted to.  When he went out into the public he did us the respect of wearing appropriate attire but in private he felt no need to.  Not really hard to understand.

Hollywood Leading Men Who Started Out In Cheesy Horror Movies (Article) - 7/13/2009 3:58:52 AM

What?  No mention of the  fact that George Clooney starred in Return Of The Killer Tomatoes?

TV Wasteland: Truth In Advertising (Article) - 7/13/2009 3:50:17 AM

Primeval - actually, it wasn't actually shown last Friday so they could rerun Warehouse 13 again.  So we get the first half of the season finale and we get the last episode next week.

Are they trying too hard with Warehouse 13 or what?

Kara S

PUBLIC ENEMIES Review (Article) - 7/9/2009 4:20:23 AM

Saw  the movie yesterday.  The shaky cam work made me dizzy.  It was worse than Cloverfield.  And Bale put in a completely cardboard performance.  Why does everybody love this guy?

I did like Depp as Dillinger though.  And the gun fight in t he forrest at night rocked.

DVD Shopping Bag: Plan 9: Cure for the Summer Blues (Article) - 7/9/2009 4:13:09 AM

I'm with jppintar.  Star Trek was a travesty, destroying everything I loved about the original and replacing it with big explosions and bad set design.  Terminator: Salvation wasn't Shakespear, but it was a much better movie than Star Trek.

As for the summer-movies-on-DVD que, how's about Twister.  Hellen Hunt, Bill Pullman and big tornadoes.  Flying cows were just a bonus.

KaraS

Warehouse 13: Pilot Review (Article) - 7/9/2009 4:00:05 AM

They were so busy introducing the characters and situation that there really wasn't time for a decent mystery.  Give them a few weeks to get into gear before giving up on it.

I agree that it is much more Eureka than BSG.  And I can see why they wouldn't show this and Eureka on the same night.  A little too much whimsy could get cloying.  But I'm looking forward to the second episode.

KaraS

TV Wasteland: Syfy Is Upon Us (Article) - 7/6/2009 11:25:07 AM

MST3K is one of ths shows mentioned which originated on other channels.  It started on Comedy Central but new episodes were created for Scifi.

goldeneyez, some of us don't have BBC America.  I investigated adding it to my cable line up but it was part of a package that cost an extra $17.50 a month and the package contained BBC America, National Geographic Channel and 10 other channels in which I have absolutely no interest so I thought the price was a little steep for me.  I don't have Showtime either.

TV Wasteland: Syfy Is Upon Us (Article) - 7/6/2009 4:34:40 AM

Does anybody else think that the premise for Warehouse 13 sounds like Noah Wylie's Librarian movies?  Not that this means that it couldn't be good, just that it's not as orginal as it thinks it is.  Either way, I'll be watching.

With Primeval ending in 2 weeks, that leaves just Merlin as new programming for us sci fi/fantasy geeks over the summer.  We desperately need something new to watch.

As for this Syfy thing, it's stupid beyond belief.  I don't  care about global branding.  What I care about is the attempt to distance it from it's core programming.

KaraS

THE A-TEAM Has The Game (Article) - 7/3/2009 11:33:04 AM

Well ponyboy, if we white people tried to establish a network for shows for white people there would be a hue and cry and we would all be tarred as racist scum.  It ain't fair.

Hmmm, the White Supremacist Channel, airing on a cable network near you?

Nah.

Universal Adapting ASTEROIDS (Article) - 7/3/2009 3:40:07 AM

Frogger?  How about Qbert?

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA