All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,741 - 2,750 of 3,119

THE A-TEAM Has The Game (Article) - 7/2/2009 11:25:23 AM

Just what the planet needs.  Another bad movie remake of a mediocre 25 year old TV series.

Wake me up when they start casting Green Acres the movie.

Universal Adapting ASTEROIDS (Article) - 7/2/2009 11:20:24 AM

A bidding war for a property that has no plot or associated characters.  Or even a recognizable space ship.

Why?

It's not even like having a space ship shooting it's way through an asteroid field hasn't been done before.  The original BSG did it 30 years ago.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/2/2009 3:52:14 AM

You gonna do a column with your favorite costumes for female superfolk?

TRANSFORMERS 2 Going for $200 Mil (Article) - 6/30/2009 11:43:06 AM

Darkknight, just because someting is popular doesn't make it good.  Fear Factor was very popular for a while and I don't think that anybody would call it good.

And just because something was unpopular doesn't mean it was bad.  Blade Runner was a flop when it was released but it is now acknoledged as a classic scifi movie.

I enjoyed Transformers 2 though I know it really wasn't a very good film.  And I have certain problems with it what with all the plot holes and juvenile humor.  But I guess I was just in a good mood and I WANTED to enjoy it.  I sat back and let the sound and the fury wash over me.

BTW, Tenebre,  are you the same guy I used to know by that name on the Scifi Farscape board?

KaraS

Merlin: The Poisoned Chalice Review (Article) - 6/30/2009 11:24:31 AM

Actually, I saw quite a bit of growth in the series this episode.  King Uther may not feel kindly disposed towards Merlin but Arthur was willing to risk his life for him.  Merlin has saved Arthur several times now and Arthur is starting to feel attatched.

I think the cast has good chemistry and the characters are appealing, except Uther who is supposed to be reprehensible.  A little polish on the writing and it could be a good series.

DVD Shopping Bag: The Seventh Seal (Article) - 6/30/2009 4:15:04 AM

Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Fifth Season ~ Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rachel Luttrell, and Jason Momoa

You know, Torri Higginson left the show at the end of season 3 and doesn't appear in season 5 at all.  However, season 5 does star David Hewlett, Robert Picardo and Jewel Straite.

PUBLIC ENEMIES Review (Article) - 6/30/2009 4:04:32 AM

Christian Bale is a busy man.  Is he in every movie coming out this summer or is it just me?

SMURFS Movie in 3-D (Article) - 6/29/2009 11:29:38 AM

Actually, there was another female smurf, Sassette.

Overall, I have to think that this is just one of those projects that the world really doesn't need.

10 Most Maniacal Michael Jackson Moments (Article) - 6/29/2009 11:11:58 AM

But I liked The Wiz.  I thought it was a great movie though some of the big musical production numbers did drag on a little too long.

Not Only of Sight and Sound, But of Mind (Article) - 6/29/2009 4:24:54 AM

My favorite Twilight Zone ep is the one with Jackie Gleason and a really young Jack Klugman shooting pool in the afterlife.  It's two guys and a pool table and half an hour of riviting drama.  They really don't write them like that any more.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA