All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,741 - 2,750 of 3,163

Warehouse 13: Burnout Review (Article) - 8/13/2009 12:57:40 PM

It's doubtful that the goo would have worked.  It did fine on a feather that dematerializes through walls and a comb that can fit in your palm but they tried it on the hypnotism chair (of DEATH) and it didn't do diddly.  Even if Bering hadn't been unconcious and Latimer hadn't been crazed by the artifact, it's doubtful that it would have worked.

Every object in that huge warehouse probably has one or more stories associated with it.  It was established in the premier that the objects try to escape sometimes.  A mass prison break might be fun.

Bering and Latimer seem to be pretty rough on the artifacts.  First they chopped up the hypnochair, now the electrospine got broken to bits.  Does Artie repair them?  They must be keeping all those dangerous things for some purpose.  Having somebody requisition one for some kind of secret job might be fun.  Perhaps the CIA checks out the cloak of invisibility for use in espionage occasionally.  The possibilities are endless.

Kara S

5 Comic Vampires That Kick TWILIGHT's Ass (Article) - 8/13/2009 12:43:48 PM

AND, the male geeks square off agains the female geeks.

Look, over there, SPORTS FANS!  Let's team up and fight them!

6 Film Aliens That Actually Look Alien (Article) - 8/13/2009 4:28:10 AM

Please, don't demand a remake of Forbidden Planet.  They'd only screw it up.  Just watch the original again instead.

5 Reasons Why GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra Will Suck (Article) - 8/11/2009 10:37:11 AM

ExFanOfThisSite said "I will say that I am thoroughly disappointed that you guys would stoop to this level. I have never seen you do this to a film. ESPECIALLY before seeing it. It's clear that you're full of hatorade!!"

ExFan, you clearly didn't read the article on the reasons Star Trek would suck which was posted before that movie premiered.  This article was simply giving voice to worries that some fans had that the franchise they grew up with wouldn't be respected.

Kara S

Eureka: If You Build It (Article) - 8/11/2009 4:07:30 AM

It was a good episode with the exception of the subplot about Fargo's car.  That was just annoying.

DVD Shopping Bag: Racing to Witch Mountain (Article) - 8/10/2009 12:26:14 PM

Just watch 4 seasons of Dr Who.  Even the parts that have nothing to do with Capt Jack are worth your time and just watching the eps with Capt Jack in them would be a little confusing, not understanding the season arcs or what Capt Jack was doing in them.

TV Wasteland: Lost in the Wasteland (Article) - 8/10/2009 12:12:57 PM

I don't know what Merlin's ratings are, but they didn't have to pay to produce the show, just buy it from the BBC so it should be economical for them even if the ratings are minimal. They are probably doing 2 eps this week because last Sunday it was preempted by football.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra: Movie Review (Article) - 8/10/2009 4:50:44 AM

Well, Tomax and Xamot were my favorites.  We all like different aspects of the mythos.

Saw the movie.  It was OK.  Could have done with a few fewer flashbacks though, they were so unsubtle they could give you a nosebleed.

Did Brendan Fraser do a cameo?  I missed it.

And for the record, when it came to Tansformers, I would have missed Josh Duhmel.  He should have had a bigger part in the film.

Kara S

G.I. JOE Topples Box Office (Article) - 8/10/2009 4:23:23 AM

I saw both G I Joe and Julie & Julia yesterday and they were such different experiences.  I enjoyed them both but neither was the best film I've ever seen.  J & J was a better movie, mostly because of Meryl Streep.  She brought such joy to the character of Julia Child.  Definitely worth your time.

G I Joe was fine for what it was, kept me engaged and entertained.  Except for one truly awful CGI polar bear, the FX were fine.  The action scenes were exciting and over the top.

But Snake Eyes and Duke kept slipping into flashback land and it was maudlin to the extreme.  Cue violins.

And I kept thinking for the entire movie, Christopher Eccleston quit Dr Who for THIS?  While certainly the best role in the film, McCullen aka Destro was not exactly a subtle part.  I grooved on his accent though.

And the guy who played Storm Shadow was kinda hot.

BTW, I read The Time Traveler's Wife and it was a good book.  If they do it right, expect some time paradox theory in there somewhere.

As for comics, I guess the stuff that amuses people now a days isn't really my thing.  Most comedies today don't seem much more sophisticated than some guy slipping on a bananna peel and making a fart joke.  If you want FUNNY, rent A Fish Called Wanda.  Or a movie called Oscar with Sylvester Stalone in a non action role.  I practically fell off the couch laughing (literally) the first time I watched it.

Kara S

What Kind of Con is This, Anyway? (Article) - 8/7/2009 12:25:00 PM

I've never been to Comic Con.  maybe I'll go someday, after I win the lottery.

But why is Twilight that different from other really popular franchises?  Didn't the Lord Of The Rings crowd hog the halls the years that was a big event?  Don't the fans react that way to whatever is big on that particurlar summer?

Is it just that regular Comic con goers aren't interested in Twilight that much?

Perhaps everybody should see this as an opportunity to interest teen girls in other genre projects which they might see information about on their way to the Twilight pannels instead of being mad that they took up space in your convention hall.

It reminds me of a Doctor who's office was decorated as a shrine to Elvis Presley.  This woman shook her head about a patient who belonged the the SCA and had a suit of armor in his house.  Unitl I pointed out that she was equally devoted to her own obsession and wasn't that different.

Kara S