All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,761 - 2,770 of 3,144

Warehouse 13: Pilot Review (Article) - 7/9/2009 4:00:05 AM

They were so busy introducing the characters and situation that there really wasn't time for a decent mystery.  Give them a few weeks to get into gear before giving up on it.

I agree that it is much more Eureka than BSG.  And I can see why they wouldn't show this and Eureka on the same night.  A little too much whimsy could get cloying.  But I'm looking forward to the second episode.

KaraS

TV Wasteland: Syfy Is Upon Us (Article) - 7/6/2009 11:25:07 AM

MST3K is one of ths shows mentioned which originated on other channels.  It started on Comedy Central but new episodes were created for Scifi.

goldeneyez, some of us don't have BBC America.  I investigated adding it to my cable line up but it was part of a package that cost an extra $17.50 a month and the package contained BBC America, National Geographic Channel and 10 other channels in which I have absolutely no interest so I thought the price was a little steep for me.  I don't have Showtime either.

TV Wasteland: Syfy Is Upon Us (Article) - 7/6/2009 4:34:40 AM

Does anybody else think that the premise for Warehouse 13 sounds like Noah Wylie's Librarian movies?  Not that this means that it couldn't be good, just that it's not as orginal as it thinks it is.  Either way, I'll be watching.

With Primeval ending in 2 weeks, that leaves just Merlin as new programming for us sci fi/fantasy geeks over the summer.  We desperately need something new to watch.

As for this Syfy thing, it's stupid beyond belief.  I don't  care about global branding.  What I care about is the attempt to distance it from it's core programming.

KaraS

THE A-TEAM Has The Game (Article) - 7/3/2009 11:33:04 AM

Well ponyboy, if we white people tried to establish a network for shows for white people there would be a hue and cry and we would all be tarred as racist scum.  It ain't fair.

Hmmm, the White Supremacist Channel, airing on a cable network near you?

Nah.

Universal Adapting ASTEROIDS (Article) - 7/3/2009 3:40:07 AM

Frogger?  How about Qbert?

THE A-TEAM Has The Game (Article) - 7/2/2009 11:25:23 AM

Just what the planet needs.  Another bad movie remake of a mediocre 25 year old TV series.

Wake me up when they start casting Green Acres the movie.

Universal Adapting ASTEROIDS (Article) - 7/2/2009 11:20:24 AM

A bidding war for a property that has no plot or associated characters.  Or even a recognizable space ship.

Why?

It's not even like having a space ship shooting it's way through an asteroid field hasn't been done before.  The original BSG did it 30 years ago.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/2/2009 3:52:14 AM

You gonna do a column with your favorite costumes for female superfolk?

TRANSFORMERS 2 Going for $200 Mil (Article) - 6/30/2009 11:43:06 AM

Darkknight, just because someting is popular doesn't make it good.  Fear Factor was very popular for a while and I don't think that anybody would call it good.

And just because something was unpopular doesn't mean it was bad.  Blade Runner was a flop when it was released but it is now acknoledged as a classic scifi movie.

I enjoyed Transformers 2 though I know it really wasn't a very good film.  And I have certain problems with it what with all the plot holes and juvenile humor.  But I guess I was just in a good mood and I WANTED to enjoy it.  I sat back and let the sound and the fury wash over me.

BTW, Tenebre,  are you the same guy I used to know by that name on the Scifi Farscape board?

KaraS

Merlin: The Poisoned Chalice Review (Article) - 6/30/2009 11:24:31 AM

Actually, I saw quite a bit of growth in the series this episode.  King Uther may not feel kindly disposed towards Merlin but Arthur was willing to risk his life for him.  Merlin has saved Arthur several times now and Arthur is starting to feel attatched.

I think the cast has good chemistry and the characters are appealing, except Uther who is supposed to be reprehensible.  A little polish on the writing and it could be a good series.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA