All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,791 - 2,800 of 3,139

Sunday Night Stakeout (Article) - 6/8/2009 11:49:46 AM

Don't worry Wiseguy.  Albert Einstein always turns me on :-P

6 Evil Henchmen Who Sucked at Their Job (Article) - 6/8/2009 4:11:43 AM

Yay!  They  are back.  Thank you.

Brings a smile to my Monday morning.

Sunday Night Stakeout (Article) - 6/8/2009 3:52:22 AM

I've really been enjoying Primeval.  It features an intriguing selection of CGI dinos and other creatures and some really hunky leading men.  A good time to be sure.

LAND OF THE LOST (Article) - 6/6/2009 9:12:48 AM

Beating a dead horse is where it's at Wiseguy.  If Fart Jokes: The Movie does well, then we are sure to see Fart Jokes #2 next summer and Fart Jokes #3 the summer after that.  And some other studio will get into the act with Burp Jokes #1 through 6.  And whatever humor or originality there might have been about the first film will be long spent.

LAND OF THE LOST (Article) - 6/6/2009 7:39:59 AM

To be honest, I never saw Dumb and Dumber.  I avoid films that glorify stupidity because they piss me off.  The idea that it's cool to be a moron is one of the major things wrong with our society.

For Jim Carrey's entry into the films that are too stupid to bear category we can use Ace Ventura: Pet Dective which I HAVE seen though it was probably 25 years ago.

The thing is, I've seen these comics who specialize in stupid humor, like Farrel and Jim Carrey and even Adam Sandler, in serious dramatic roles and they CAN act.  And those films were even reasonably successful. So why do they keep going back to doing movies about fart jokes and slipping on bananna peels?   It's gotta be the money.

Personally, I wish that if they wan't to show stupid humor films in the summer they could just re-release Ace Ventura (which the current crop of 20 something stupid movie fans have probably never seen) and concentrate on making some good films instead.

LAND OF THE LOST (Article) - 6/6/2009 4:02:04 AM

The original Land Of The Lost was laughable due to bad production values and worse acting but there was nothing intrinsically wrong with the IDEA.  A family gets trapped in another dimension with dinosaurs and Sleestacks, primitive lizard like aliens who are the de-evolved forms of a technologically advanced race.  Good movies have been made on sillier premises (a  guy who dresses up like a bat to fight crime perhaps?).

I would have like to see a Land Of The Lost movie if it was played reasonably straight.  A movie that examines the concepts of de-evolved aliens and pocket dimensions is my kind of film.  But perhaps it would have been a little too cerebral for some of the perspective audience (though not gauleyboy who can appreciate both).  I'm sure a film that dwells on body humor and the cultural clash between scientists and a redneck will attract lots of people, the same people who made Paul Blart, Mall Cop and Dumb and Dumber and Bio Dome big hits.

It pains me to see something that I could have enjoyed if done with a few smarts reduced to jokes about poop and breast fondling.

KaraS

Return of Doctor WHO (Article) - 6/5/2009 11:40:32 AM

A little jealousy?  Because I wan't to go adventuring in time and space?  Maybe.

But Rose was awfully selfish and mean to Mickey wasn't she?  He was kind and loyal considerate and she dropped him like a hot potato when the Doctor came along.  And then she asked the Doctor not to allow Mickey on the Tardis because it would cramp her style.

KaraS

LAND OF THE LOST (Article) - 6/5/2009 11:29:49 AM

Gauleyboy, some of us don't find poop jokes and breast grabbing particurlarly funny.  And I've seen enough movies that contain those things to last me the rest of my life and then some.

I don't demand that all my movies be ceberal.  I  like the popcorn action flick as well as the next gal.  But when you get into the realm of complete stupidity it annoys me.

The commercials for this film completely turned me off (and the giant tick grossed me out) so I have no plans to see it.  Anybody who likes that stuff, have fun and don't eat too much popcorn.

Return of Doctor WHO (Article) - 6/4/2009 12:10:07 PM

Rose was a nitwit.  I thought Donna was a more entertaining companion.  The brother/sister vibe she had with Tennant was different from any other companion I've seen (and I've seen all the new episodes up through the end of season 4 of the new show and a LOT of classic Who as well)

Preview: G.I.JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA (Article) - 6/2/2009 12:06:40 PM

I would like to see this film to see Christopher Eccleston.  I liked him in Dr Who and Heros so if he has a big part in the film I want to see it.

I liked the Mummy films, Van Helsing is one of the worst films ever created.

Hanso, you feel the pain Starlight and I felt (and which, having actually seen Star Trek, I feel even worse).  Your formative childhood memories are being defiled by infidels.  I can relate.

KaraS