All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,801 - 2,810 of 3,139

Pixar's UP Soars to Top (Article) - 6/2/2009 11:38:25 AM

Professional sports are so competetive that if it will give you even a fraction of an advantage they will take it.  The only way to stop it is to make being caught so punative that the risk isn't worth it.  And that hasn't happened yet.

What amused me was when they benched Michael Phelps for smoking marajuna.  That would detract from athletic skills, not enhanse them.  And the time is long passed when sports figures were held up as role models.  Between drugs and dog fighting and wife beating, lately professional athletes have been looking like the last people you'd want your kid to emulate.

Summer Shows Starting Up (Article) - 6/2/2009 11:31:13 AM

I agree with redhairs.  I've been missing the cracked articles too.

KaraS

*Jarrod pulls out his hair and screams with frustration.  He tries to satisfy everybody but it's impossible.*

TORCHWOOD Returns! (Article) - 6/2/2009 4:14:56 AM

Torchwood will never run on Scifi because corporate parent NBC will never be ready to showcase a gay action hero.  It's sad.

KaraS

Summer Shows Starting Up (Article) - 6/1/2009 12:05:18 PM

I have to admit that I kind of like some of the Scifi original movies.  They are usually silly and poorly written but I get a kick out of seeing actors with which I am familliar from other genre roles in them.  Half the cast from Firefly getting chased by mummies in southern California?  Dr McKay vs giant snakes?  Jonas Quinn dating a bug woman?  Pru from Charmed and Daniel Jackson vs an Aztec dragon god?

It's kind of fun and it's nice that these actors that we like are making a pay check.  And getting a free trip to Romania.

Return of Doctor WHO (Article) - 6/1/2009 4:19:02 AM

The Next Doctor starred Tennant.  The title was a bit of a red herring.

Return of Doctor WHO (Article) - 5/29/2009 10:57:07 AM

That's great if you've got BBC America.  Those of us without are SOL.  I hope Scifi will air them eventually.

Enjoy the Nostalgia Before Will Ferrell Craps on it (Article) - 5/25/2009 9:32:29 AM

Well Hobbs, there is nothing wrong with the IDEA of Land Of The Lost.  A family gets transported back in time and has to survive in the Cretatious surrounded by dinosaurs and alien Sleestacks with their high tech pyramids.  What was wrong with it was the miniscule budget and the complete and total lack of talent in the child actors they employed.

They did a second Land Of the Lost a decade or so later with better FX and actors.  I saw an episode of it and was actually impressed.

If you actually played it seriously there is no reason you couldn't have a good movie.  Well, there is no way it wouldn't be a little camp but you could play it far straighter than what I see in the commercials for the new movie.

And nostalgia can add a glow to even the most insipid franchises.

Be that as it may, I won't be watching the marathon of the original Land Of The Lost on Scifi.  Cause the original was dreadful.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/25/2009 9:02:09 AM

Angels And Demons got my money this weekend.  I thought it was a very entertaining film.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/25/2009 8:42:39 AM

Amishpirate, that may be true.  But from a business standpoint, if you sell one comic book you got paid for one comic book, wether it is read by 1 person or 50.   And once I've paid my money for it, wether I read it, loan it, put it in a plastic bag and store it or throw it out makes no difference.

ANGELS & DEMONS (Article) - 5/25/2009 8:29:45 AM

Saw the movie yesterday, really enjoyed it.  I thought it was a much better movie than Star Trek, fewer glaring plot holes to be sure.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA