All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,801 - 2,810 of 3,096

Heroes: I Am Sylar (Article) - 4/23/2009 12:14:49 PM

I think the reason they are giving Sylar so many emotional problems is because otherwise, he would be too powerful.  If he actually had his act together he would be unstopable.  That being said, I found his dialogues with himself as his mother very tiresome.  They should just have him lose all his powers and have to start collecting them from the beginning again like they apparently did to Peter.

What did Nathan think would happen when he confronted Syalar?  I don't think he did much thinking.  He was offended to have Sylar impersonate him and flew off the handle.  It's not too surprising.  Nathan isn't very bright.  For most of the series he's let his parents take turns leading him around by the nose.  Whenever he's tried to take independant action it's gone horribly wrong.  Luckily for Claire, she seems to have inherrited her mother's IQ instead of his.

What happened to Molly?  Weren't Mohinder and Matt coparenting her in season 2?  You'd think that Hunter guy could get a lot of milage out of someone who could locate anybody anywhere in the world.

As for our beloved columnust, I agree that a certain amount of objectivity is required.  That's why we bother to read an official review instead of unsolicited rants on a message board.  If he hates the show that much, someone else should review it.

SCI FI & Smith Have BUSINESS (Article) - 4/21/2009 11:32:58 AM

Talk about well traveled territory!  There are 3 or 4 receint shows that have used this concept, including Medium which is still on the air.  True, a new spin could reinvogorate the material and make it seem fresh but as it stands this only evokes a big yawn from me.  Can't they find something new to do?

But really, what do we really expect form a channel called Syfy?

5 Cosmic Events That Could Kill You Before Lunch (Article) - 4/20/2009 11:39:21 AM

I usually really enjoy these Cracked articles but I din't find this one that funny.  I guess the possible sudden and unpreventable extinction of the human race just doesn't have that giggle factor...

17 AGAIN Topples Cranky Report (Article) - 4/20/2009 11:37:12 AM

I'm feeling so torn about the new ST film.  I'm afraid I'm a bit of a continuity nazi and it sounds like the film is going to make a hash out of established ST continuity.  Then again, I want to see Zachary Quinto as Spock.

Why reboot something that didn't need to be rebooted anyway?

Zombies Ate My Column! (Article) - 4/20/2009 11:28:35 AM

Journey to the Center of the Earth (HBO, 8:00 PM EDT)
On the other end of the cool scale is this noisy, pointless remake of the Jules Verne classic, which has absolutely nothing to recommend it besides the 3-D effects (effects which presumably won't be ported over from your local IMAX theater).

I'll tell you what it's got.  It's got Brendan Frasier running around all sweaty in a damp tank top.  That's easily enough reason to check it out, but the T-Rex was cool too.

KaraS

New HALF-BLOOD Trailer (Article) - 4/17/2009 11:29:50 AM

Hermione may be simmering with jealousy, but she doesn't simper.  It's just not her style.

FLASH GORDON to be "Gritty and real" (Article) - 4/17/2009 4:29:19 AM

As for scientific integrity, it's as important in scifi as it is in contemporary fiction.  If in an otherwise mainstream detective movie the director decided that for plot reasons Niagra Falls would run backwards and water would flow up hill, nobody would accept it.  It would be roundly derided as trash.  So why do directors think that fudging scientific acuracy is ok if the movie is set on Mars?

FLASH GORDON to be "Gritty and real" (Article) - 4/17/2009 4:23:34 AM

Lazarus,  the Flash Gordon on Scifi did improve drastically.  The episodes at the end of the season, while not great, were entertaining.  The problem was that the episodes of the first half of the season  were so dismally bad that by the time the show started to improve nobody was watching anymore.

I think it's too soon after that disasterous series to do a Flash Gordon project.  Let the property rest for a few years and start fresh when Scifi's Flash Gordon series has been forgotten.

Fringe: Unleashed (Article) - 4/17/2009 3:45:15 AM

The Monster Of The Week didn't do it for me.  Probably because I thought the monster was stupid.  A combination of a gilla monster, a bat and a wasp?  Come on!

And hunting through the sewers for the monster was a particurlarly unoriginal idea.  Monsters always hide in the sewer.

The Top 20 Greatest Fantasy Writers of All-Time (Article) - 4/16/2009 11:47:23 AM

As for comic writers, can I nominate Wendy and Richard Pini?

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA