All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,881 - 2,890 of 3,033

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/14/2008 11:53:49 AM

I suspect Prince Caspian will clean up on DVD sales. As for Speed Racer, I think it is the most entertaining film I've seen this summer (including Iron Man and Indi IV). Not the BEST film, but the most entertaining. Anybody who has been cut off in traffic and daydreamed about shooting a missile up the offending car's tail pipe will get a real thrill out of the racing scenes. And John Goodman taking on ninjas was worth the price of the ticket all by itself. And surprisingly, the movie had a lot of heart. Now if I could only get a director's cut with the scenes of Spridel and Chim Chim invading the evil company headquarters in search of candy cut out of the film...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/14/2008 4:57:11 AM

You go to a new galaxy and you are bound to encounter new diseases. It's suprising it doesn't happen more often. Yeah, shame about Carter but I think she'll be back as a guest star occasionally. I liked Rose but I like Donna better. She and The Doctor have a kind of brother/sister vibe which I haven't seen on Doctor Who before. Usually, like with Rose, The Doctor is a teacher and mentor figure. They tried a one sided romantic relationship with Martha which didn't work too well IMHO.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/14/2008 4:49:40 AM

I saw both Speed Racer and Prince Caspian and they were both entertaining films. It's too bad they didn't make more money. But there are so MANY films I want to see this summer. Is it my imagination or are there more interesting films out this summer than usual? If they released some of these films in August and September, spread them out more, I'd be able to see them all. BTW, I want to see Journey To The Center Of The Earth and the 3rd mummy movie because Brendan Frasier is HOT!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/8/2008 5:22:27 AM

There are rude people in movie theaters, resturants, supermarkets, parks, malls and just about any other public place. They yack on cell phones, play loud rap music, push, shove, leave shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot, don't flush public toilets, vandalize ATMs, let their kids break merchendise in stores and refuse to pay for it and do dozens of other antisocial things. They come from every race, religion, and ethnicity. They are just rude people. Our society is full of them. It's unfortunate when it happens. One time I was in a resturant with my father. A kid (looked like he was around 10 or 11, old enough to know better) was running around banging silver ware on the plates of unused tables. My dad grabbed him and scared the scat out of him. His mother had the nerve to demand an apology, that's not what she got. Heh heh heh. My dad told her that if she couldn't control her ungovernable brat she shouldn't take him out in public. She didn't like that much.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/8/2008 4:18:11 AM

Hey! With a new ep of Dr Who on and the premier of the new season of Stargate Atlantis, why does anybody think that the best thing on TV this week is Wipeout and I Survived a Japanese Gameshow? I beg to disagree...

Mania Manifesto: Top 5 â%u20AC%u0153Inspirationsâ%u20AC for Wall-E (Article) - 7/4/2008 10:50:52 AM

The replicants in Blade Runner were not robots, they were GELFS (Genetically Engineered Life Forms). If they were actually robots they could just have x-rayed the new employees at the Tyrell Corporation instead of going through long and laborious psychological evaluations.

Box Office: INDY Cuts into CITY Victory (Article) - 6/2/2008 3:56:02 AM

Call me crazy but I liked Speed Racer. It was a fun movie. Harrison Ford has lost none of his charm and Shia LeBouf will be a great guy to keep the Indiana Jones franchise going if Ford doesn't want to do another one. I was a little annoyed by the Roswell aliens but overall I thought the movie was fine. It was fun. I finally saw Iron Man this weekend. Iron Man is not my favorite character so I was going to give it a pass but it got such good reviews I decided to go see it. It was also fun and it had an actual underlying message. I thought Prince Caspian was fun too. There are so many good movies out at once. It's overkill. How many movies is the regular public (not movie fanatics like you guys) going to spend money on? Especially with movie tickets running $10 a head?

Box Office: Paramount Finds Memorial Day Treasure with INDY (Article) - 5/27/2008 4:21:07 AM

I saw Indiana Jones on Sunday and it was OK. Like everybody else I hated the vine swinging scene. But it was great to see Harrison Ford back in action as Indi and I loved Shia LeBouf as his son.<BR /><BR />In all fairness, I have to remind everybody that in Raiders, Indi travelled for hundreds of miles on the OUTSIDE of a submarine so giant leaps of faith are part of the franchise. <BR /><BR />I also saw Speed Racer on Monday and I thought it was great! the FX on the racing scenes were terrific and the racing scenes were really exciting. And the acting was better than I had been led to expect with touching scenes between Speed and his parents.<BR /><BR />I could have done without the scenes of Spridel and Chim Chim sneaking into the car factory in search of candy, but otherwise it was a very entertaining film. All in all, it had fast cars, hot women, smashing FX and ninjas. What more can you ask of a summer popcorn film?

TV Wasteland: Get an Early Look at the New Fall Shows (Article) - 5/22/2008 4:20:05 AM

I'm a Bones fan and I did not see that coming. I can see Zach being convinced that certain people are evil and need to be killed so that they wouldn't damage our society at large. But canibalism and making sculptures out of the bones of their victims? No way! That's crazy and Zach is way too rational to be involved in that. Did the actor want to leave so they wrote him out? Or will it turn out to be an elaborate sting operation next season.

TV Wasteland: Get an Early Look at the New Fall Shows (Article) - 5/19/2008 4:10:00 AM

The Scifi Channel always shows movies on holiday weekends. They assume we will all be out at barbecues or fireworks displays or Christmas parties (depending on the holiday in question). I guess they don't know about VCRs or Tivos or DVRs. Anyway, I don't really have anything special planned for Friday night and I would just as soon spend it with Dr Who and Starbuck. But there is always my collection of movies on DVD if I get too bored.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA