All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,891 - 2,900 of 3,095

TV Wasteland: Let the LOST and Heroes Comparisons Begin (Article) - 11/11/2008 4:08:03 AM

<p>I don't think the Stargate fans are anticipating the season finale.&nbsp; Rather, we are dreading the end of our show.&nbsp; I also would far rather have a 20 episode season than two direct to DVD movies, even if the movies have better FX.</p> <p>As for Heros, I am enjoying it just fine.&nbsp; I like most of the characters and I care about their fate. Not that I don't have issues with a few of the sub plots (Mohinder&nbsp; as a crazy spiderman?&nbsp; please!) but I find it consistently entertaining.&nbsp;</p> <p>A TV show doesn't have to be the peak of excellence to be enjoyable.&nbsp; Even overall&nbsp;stinkers like Black Scorpion and Flash Gordon have had their good episodes now and then.&nbsp; Sorry if that makes me too low brow to have a relevant oppinion but there it is.&nbsp; TV shouldn't be&nbsp; taken too seriously.</p>

Fox Moving TERMINATOR and DOLLHOUSE to Fridays (Article) - 11/8/2008 4:07:13 AM

<p>Ahem!&nbsp; Women watch Gossip Girl?&nbsp; Speaking as a woman, I have to say that&nbsp;I wouldn't touch Gossip Girl with a 10 foot pole.&nbsp; On Mondays I'm too busy watching Terminator and taping Chuck.&nbsp; But even if there wasn't anything else on in that time period I liked I STILL wouldn't watch Gossip Girl.</p> <p>This move to Fridays is more convienent for me, but I don't know what it will do for the show.</p>

Toy Maniac: Play Sets, Where Have You Gone? (Article) - 11/7/2008 4:12:15 AM

<p>Well, I had the Starship Enterprise playset.&nbsp; And Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Uhura to man it.</p> <p>But my favorite playset was my Barbie Camper.&nbsp; I had some african animal toys and Ken and Barbie toured the Sarengetti in my backyard looking at zebras and lions.&nbsp; Oh the adventures they had!&nbsp; Then they took that danged camper to outer space and explored several alien planets.</p> <p>It's funny.&nbsp; My Barbie family&nbsp;went spelunking and horse back riding in the mountains and back through time to see dinosaurs and all kinds of other places but never attended one prom, wedding or fancy cocktail party.&nbsp; They were too busy being adventerous for such diversions.</p>

Book Buzz: What's the Scariest Book You Ever Read? (Article) - 10/31/2008 1:01:03 PM

<p>The Mist by Stephen King gave me nightmares for 3 days.&nbsp; Still the scarriest thing I've ever read.&nbsp;</p> <p>Before that it was The Colour From Outer Space (or maybe The Colour Out Of Space)&nbsp;by H P Lovecraft.&nbsp; Boy was THAT creepy!&nbsp; Stephen King thought so too.&nbsp; He wrote a sequel to it, The Raft.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES: The Tower is Tall but the Fall is Short (Article) - 10/24/2008 5:00:02 AM

<p>The reason Terminator Mommy would take her kid to a psychitrist is that the little girl's fear of her was jeopardizing her cover.&nbsp; She has to be accepted as a human to accomplish her mission and so she HAS to act like a mother who cares about her daughter.&nbsp; How she feels about the girl, assuming she feels anything at all, is irrelevent.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>As for Daphne on Heros, who said she didn't notice Hiro's little trick with Ando?&nbsp; She didn't want Ando to be killed so she wasn't going to say anything to that villian guy if she noticed.</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/20/2008 4:26:13 AM

<p>A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.&nbsp; Or, a TV series that is on&nbsp; the air and that I like is worth two prospective series that I might or might not like.&nbsp; Even if one of them is by Joss Whedon.&nbsp; I'm happy that Sarah Connor was given a full season.</p> <p>I saw Eleventh Hour two weeks ago and Life On Mars last week.&nbsp; Life On Mars is by far a better show.&nbsp; The writing and acting is much better.&nbsp; Not that Eleventh Hour is bad (though some of the dialogue was beyond hokey), but with Fringe on the air Eleventh Hour is redundant.&nbsp; The shows seem to cover the same teritory.&nbsp; The time is long gone when scifi and fantasy fans would watch anything they showed, just to get our fix.&nbsp; Now there are so many shows in that field that we can afford to be choosey.</p> <p>New episode of Stargate Atlantis too you know.</p> <p>Why don't you cover Numb3rs?&nbsp; Yeah, it's not, strictly speaking, scifi.&nbsp; But it IS a show for smart people and in a culture that golrifies stupidity so often, that's a really good thing.</p>

The Manic Maniac: Why Do Video Game Movies Inherently Suck? (Article) - 10/17/2008 4:00:20 AM

<p>I don't game.&nbsp; I'm not interested in playing a video game any more complicated than Space Invaders.&nbsp;I'd never heard of Max Payne and didn't know&nbsp;this movie&nbsp;was based on a video game until you just told me.</p> <p>You liken playing a video game to reading a book.&nbsp; I'm not a movie star but if I was cast in a movie that was based on a book I'd probably read the book.&nbsp; But what if the book was in French?&nbsp; Am I supposed to learn French so I can read the book?</p> <p>I've seen other people play video games and I think it encompasses a whole different set of skills than reading a book.&nbsp; If Whalberg doesn't have those skills and isn't interested in developing them I can see where he'd elect to pass on playing the game.&nbsp; If the script and the director are any good he should be able to do a good portrayal of the character without playing the game.</p>

TV Wasteland: The Raping of Indiana Jones (Article) - 10/16/2008 4:39:08 AM

<p>My favorite impossible Indy moment comes from Raiders when Indy hitches a ride for several hundred miles on the OUTSIDE of a submarine.&nbsp; Even assuming it didn't sumerse during the whole trip, somebody would have noticed him or heared him tramping around on the ceiling and it's not like there was anyplace up there for him to hide.</p>

HEROES: Angels and Monsters (Article) - 10/16/2008 4:22:45 AM

<p>I'm with ponyboy.&nbsp; I'm following the storyline just fine.&nbsp; I don't find all the characters too confusing.&nbsp; And I find their emotional responses and motivations consistent enough.</p> <p>A few thoughts...</p> <p>Now we know why furture Ando wanted to kill future Hiro.</p> <p>Who says Sylar wasn't listening in?&nbsp; He looked plenty worried but perhaps he was waiting to find out what was going to happen before he made any moves.&nbsp; With all his poweres he probably could have escaped from the wormhole if he had to.&nbsp; And perhaps he thought Bennett was testing the wormhole guy to see if he was sincere about vowing never to kill anybody with his power again and wouldn't really let him kill Sylar.</p> <p>If Sylar sticks around&nbsp; with Bennett there will be a good chance for him&nbsp; to collect more powers from the escaped villians.&nbsp; If he escapes from him the Company will catch him and lock him up in one of those dingy little cells for good.&nbsp; Why not play along for a while?</p> <p>Weren't there any women on level 5?&nbsp; All the pictures of escapees we saw were men.</p>

TV Wasteland: Red Mars is Coming to AMC (Article) - 10/7/2008 4:04:45 AM

Gimpy, congrats on the new baby. You know, saying "The Sarah Connor Chronicles is just going to get cancelled, I won't watch it." is a self fulfilling prophesy. If enough people say that nobody will watch it and it WILL get cancelled. If they just moved it to Wednesdays at 09:00 after Bones it would be great Why are so many people saying Heros isn't good this year? I think it's just fine. Plenty is happening to the characters and I find it all interesting. Personally, I thought season 1 started too slowly. I like this one better.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA