All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,891 - 2,900 of 3,072

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/6/2008 10:16:02 AM

Yeah, Farscape was kind of the best thing since sliced bread. It was endlessly inventive and put an interesting new spin on almost every genre cliche. The acting and writing was superb. But even so, there were people who didn't like it. Can't quite understand that, but there it is. And the best of the Treks was DS9. I think it was the best ensemble show of any genre ever filmed.

Comicscape: Halfway There: A Midsummer Report (Article) - 9/4/2008 4:12:01 AM

Good luck Kurt. Stay safe.

Comicscape: Warner Bros. Takes DC to the Movies (Article) - 9/1/2008 4:25:02 AM

A few words.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Producers don't make art. Directors make art. Actors make art. Special effects people and sound people and makeup people and the guy who writes the theme song make art. Producers make product. It's their job to make money, not art. If they could get people to fork over $10 to sit in a theater and watch a test pattern for 2 hours they would do it.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />But without the money you wouldn't have the art so it's a necessary evil.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />People nowadays like dark films and antiheros. Like Batman. Would a happy, sunny Superman film filled with high ideals do a good box office in today's climate? I suspect it wouldn't.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Also, who here would like to see a Legion Of Superheros movie?<BR itxtvisited="1" /> And mythology aside, on Smallville, Lex's journey from ok guy to supervillian was the most interesting aspect of the series for me.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/1/2008 3:57:11 AM

I saw Death Race last Wednesday. And I really liked it. Critics be damned, anybody who has ever been cut off on the highway and day dreamed about putting missile up that fool's tailpipe will enjoy this film. It's not deep. The ending isn't especially surprising, but I found the race scenes with the oil slicks and napalm and machine guns deeply satisfying. And the nekkid men's "shower" scene was mighty nice too. Does it surprise all you guys who were complaining about the lack of boobage in TDK that us women like the occasional nekkid men's butt in films?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/30/2008 5:21:32 AM

Generally, if a TV show is cancelled, it is cancelled for a reason. Usually bad ratings. While a show on Scifi doesn't need ratings as high as a network show, continuing a show that was cancelled for bad ratings is a loosing bet. I'm annoyed that SGA was cancelled, especially since it is my favorite show on TV at the moment. I'm sure I'll enjoy the DVD movies but not as much as I would enjoy another 22 episode season.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/22/2008 3:57:46 AM

I don't like to date either. I have yet to see a relationship end hapily so it all seems like a lot of heartache to very little purpose. I think I'll skip it if you don't mind. As for the movie, it looks like it's going to be good. Can't wait to see it.

EUREKA: I Do Over (Article) - 8/21/2008 4:16:26 AM

The Groundhog Day thing has been done by many series over the years. ST:TNG, Farscape, Stargate SG1 and even Xena: Warrior Princess have done it and that's just off the top of my head. But Eureka pulled it of with style and the red herrings kept me guessing. I was throughly entertained and that's what counts. I think a pregnant sister for Carter will make an interesting addition to the show. As for the final resolve, I won't say much lest I be conedmned for spoilers, but it did tug at the heartstrings a little.

WITCHES OF EASTWICK Hit Small Screen for ABC (Article) - 8/16/2008 6:06:21 AM

Charmed was better than Witches Of Eastwick. Believe it or not. And Amishpirate, that's really funny.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/16/2008 6:01:29 AM

It had to happen, the Batman vs Iron Man debate.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />A few things. Batman has much more brand recognition than Iron Man. Ask any random person on the street who Batman is and they are likely to know the basic story of Batman even if they never opened a comic book in their lives. They will have seen one or more of the movies or the old Adam West TV show. Ask any random person on the street who Iron Man is and they are likely to say "Who?" At least before the <A class=iAs style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal! important; FONT-SIZE: 100%! important; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px! important; COLOR: darkgreen! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: darkgreen 0.07em solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent! important; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important" href="#" target=_blank itxtdid="5593818">movie</A> came out. Personally, I would never have gone to see Iron Man if it hadn't gotten great reviews. Really glad I did though. I still think it's the best movie of the summer.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><A class=iAs style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal! important; FONT-SIZE: 100%! important; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px! important; COLOR: darkgreen! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: darkgreen 0.07em solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent! important; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important" href="#" target=_blank itxtdid="5580661">Iron Man</A> was much more fun than Dark Knight. Tony Stark has a sense of humor. Bruce Wayne, not so much. (Though traditionally, while Batman is supposed to be dark, Bruce Wayne is supposed to put on a happy-go-lucky facade which I didn't see in TDK, Wayne was just as troubled and conflicted as his alter ego.)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/11/2008 11:53:33 AM

Predator, the Scorpion Kink? Sounds like it might be rated X. The Rock vs Black Scorpion. The leopard print loincloth vs the tight black leather outfit? Sounds, well, kinky. But seriously, why not make a prequel to a prequel? So, we already know how the characters are going to end up. Who needs suspense?

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA