All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,901 - 2,910 of 3,116

TV WASTELAND- Week of January 5th, 2009 (Article) - 1/6/2009 4:20:22 AM

Bryzarro, because we Gaters don't get no respect here and it's grating.  Try having them ignore the series finale of you favorite show in favor of showcasing a cartoon and see how you feel.

TV WASTELAND- Week of January 5th, 2009 (Article) - 1/6/2009 4:17:03 AM

Well, let's give the new columnist a chance to find his groove but I have to agree.  This is sub par.

There are frequently lots more than 1 show per day that are of intrest and it would be nice if all shows in the demographic were mentioned.  Particurlarly when those include the season finale of Sanctuary and the series finale of SG Atlantis, a show which has run for 5 years and has many fans.

What is mentioned on Friday instead?  Batman: the Brave and the Bold?  It's a bad joke.

And the new site design does suck.  You want to read an article and click on it and it doesn't go through and the article you wanted to read disappears before you can try to click on it again.  Very frustrating!  And what was the point of an upgrade?  I'd just gotten the hang of the site again since the last upgrade?

BOX OFFICE- A Barking Success for MARLEY (Article) - 1/5/2009 4:05:01 AM

Still no movies that I'm even slightly interested in seeing.  What a shame.

Why do they change the site every 6 months or so?  That's so confusing!  I can understand wanting to spruce up an old site but we'd hardly gotten used to the site since the last upgrade.  I don't see that they are adding anything to our viewing experience.  Why can't they pick a look and stick with it for awhile?

My favorite version of the site was 2 upgrades ago.  Any chance they could go back to that?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/29/2008 4:18:42 AM

<p>No more TV Wasteland?&nbsp; Say it ain't so!&nbsp; First no more Matt Rouch on TVGuide.com and now this!&nbsp; What will I waste time at work reading now?</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/18/2008 4:37:49 AM

<p>Um, Ghostbusters 2?&nbsp; That's a New Year's movie.</p> <p>And where's Santa Claus Conquors The Martians?</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/18/2008 4:21:39 AM

<p>You picked on two of my favorite disaster movies, Twister and Volcano.</p> <p>Tornadoes do cause a lot of damage and kill people, there are legions of storm chasers who track them and the effects were very cool.&nbsp; And the relationship between Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton was classic.&nbsp; What's your problem?</p> <p>As for Volcano, sure the lava moved slowly and in an unpopulated area such a volcano would be just a nuisance.&nbsp; But in the middle of a city it could kill lots of people and surely destroy plenty of property.&nbsp; Did you notice the two guys trying to save priceless, irreplacable art treasures from a museum?&nbsp; And again, the FX were very cool.&nbsp; I don't know how many times I've replayed that part where the tar pits start to erupt.</p>

BOX OFFICE- Fox Tops Box Office While THE EARTH STOOD STILL (Article) - 12/18/2008 3:58:50 AM

<p>Just a few thoughts...</p> <p>How sad is it when the biggest expectation of going to see a movie is that if you see it you will get to see a trailer for some other movie?</p> <p>Why is it that this summer had so many movies I wanted to see that I was at the cinema almost every weekend (usual for some of you guys but very unusual for me) while there is NO movie this holiday season that I want to see?&nbsp; Maybe I'll go see the Spirit.&nbsp; Or maybe not.&nbsp; But absolutely nothing excites me or inspires me to pay $8 for a movie ticket.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/9/2008 4:45:57 AM

<p>My brother recommended the Thomas Covenant books to me.&nbsp; He was so enthusiastic that I really wanted to like them.&nbsp; But I didn't.&nbsp; Antihero be damned.&nbsp; The title character was just unpleasant and I didn't enjoy spending time with him.&nbsp; I quit in the middle of the second book and I only got that far because my brother liked them so much I thought there HAD to be something there.&nbsp; But for me there wasn't.</p> <p>*sigh*&nbsp; I'm afraid I have to add Andre Norton to the list of bad fantasy writers.&nbsp; She wrote a few good books (The Crystal Gryphon was the best) but mostly she recycled the same material over and over.&nbsp; If you read 3 of her books (randomly selected)&nbsp;you had pretty much covered the range of what she did in the other 30.&nbsp; Books you loved in middle school never quite lose the glow of nostalgia, but even then I knew her prose was weak and that the books weren't really that good.</p> <p>Eddings is another one who seems to repeat himself a lot.&nbsp; The Belgariad and The Mallorean were good but the other&nbsp;series I've read by him seem to be retreads, with the same characters going by different names doing pretty much the same things for the same reasons.&nbsp; He stopped creating art and started pumping out product.</p> <p>I liked Jordan.&nbsp; The first book of the Wheel Of tTme felt very much like The Lord Of The Rings (a party with 4 hobbits (village kids) a wizard and a warrior going on a querst avoiding demonic enemies) but it soon branched out and became original with many unique characters, societies and situations.&nbsp; The characters grew and changed.&nbsp; And minor characters from one book would come back and play major or minor roles in later books.&nbsp; I was never bored with them, as long and complicated as they were.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

TV WASTELAND- November Sweeps Wrap-Up (Article) - 12/9/2008 3:58:28 AM

<p>Well Hobbs, SGA is a scifi show with&nbsp;first run&nbsp;episodes apearing and therefore deserves to be mentioned in the listing of scifi shows above.&nbsp; Sometimes they forget to include it, even when they do include recaps of upcoming episodes of Sanctuary or Dr Who or whatever other programs are currently part of Scifi Friday.&nbsp; I assume that is because our beloved columnist, Mr Lackey, doesn't like it.</p> <p>But it's there this week so I am content.&nbsp; If they did actual&nbsp;reviews of the episodes that would please me more, but since there are only 3 new episodes to go before the series ends, I doubt they are going to start now.</p> <p>Speaking of that, doesn't it suck that they cancelled it?&nbsp; It wasn't cancelled by Scifi.&nbsp; They just decided to stop making it and do a new show, Stargate Universe instead.&nbsp; True, they are going to do some direct to DVD movies, but I would far rather see another 20 episode season that a DVD movie or two.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

TV WASTELAND- November Sweeps Wrap-Up (Article) - 12/8/2008 3:56:00 AM

<p>Thanks for remembering SGA this week.&nbsp; We 'Gaters are appreciative.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA