All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,901 - 2,910 of 3,099

The Manic Maniac: Why Do Video Game Movies Inherently Suck? (Article) - 10/17/2008 4:00:20 AM

<p>I don't game.&nbsp; I'm not interested in playing a video game any more complicated than Space Invaders.&nbsp;I'd never heard of Max Payne and didn't know&nbsp;this movie&nbsp;was based on a video game until you just told me.</p> <p>You liken playing a video game to reading a book.&nbsp; I'm not a movie star but if I was cast in a movie that was based on a book I'd probably read the book.&nbsp; But what if the book was in French?&nbsp; Am I supposed to learn French so I can read the book?</p> <p>I've seen other people play video games and I think it encompasses a whole different set of skills than reading a book.&nbsp; If Whalberg doesn't have those skills and isn't interested in developing them I can see where he'd elect to pass on playing the game.&nbsp; If the script and the director are any good he should be able to do a good portrayal of the character without playing the game.</p>

TV Wasteland: The Raping of Indiana Jones (Article) - 10/16/2008 4:39:08 AM

<p>My favorite impossible Indy moment comes from Raiders when Indy hitches a ride for several hundred miles on the OUTSIDE of a submarine.&nbsp; Even assuming it didn't sumerse during the whole trip, somebody would have noticed him or heared him tramping around on the ceiling and it's not like there was anyplace up there for him to hide.</p>

HEROES: Angels and Monsters (Article) - 10/16/2008 4:22:45 AM

<p>I'm with ponyboy.&nbsp; I'm following the storyline just fine.&nbsp; I don't find all the characters too confusing.&nbsp; And I find their emotional responses and motivations consistent enough.</p> <p>A few thoughts...</p> <p>Now we know why furture Ando wanted to kill future Hiro.</p> <p>Who says Sylar wasn't listening in?&nbsp; He looked plenty worried but perhaps he was waiting to find out what was going to happen before he made any moves.&nbsp; With all his poweres he probably could have escaped from the wormhole if he had to.&nbsp; And perhaps he thought Bennett was testing the wormhole guy to see if he was sincere about vowing never to kill anybody with his power again and wouldn't really let him kill Sylar.</p> <p>If Sylar sticks around&nbsp; with Bennett there will be a good chance for him&nbsp; to collect more powers from the escaped villians.&nbsp; If he escapes from him the Company will catch him and lock him up in one of those dingy little cells for good.&nbsp; Why not play along for a while?</p> <p>Weren't there any women on level 5?&nbsp; All the pictures of escapees we saw were men.</p>

TV Wasteland: Red Mars is Coming to AMC (Article) - 10/7/2008 4:04:45 AM

Gimpy, congrats on the new baby. You know, saying "The Sarah Connor Chronicles is just going to get cancelled, I won't watch it." is a self fulfilling prophesy. If enough people say that nobody will watch it and it WILL get cancelled. If they just moved it to Wednesdays at 09:00 after Bones it would be great Why are so many people saying Heros isn't good this year? I think it's just fine. Plenty is happening to the characters and I find it all interesting. Personally, I thought season 1 started too slowly. I like this one better.

Book Buzz: The Living Dead Crawls Your Way (Article) - 9/27/2008 7:05:03 AM

It all depends on your definition of Paradise.

KNIGHT RIDER: A Knight in Shining Armor (Article) - 9/27/2008 4:32:35 AM

Hey! I liked Time Trax.

FRINGE: The Ghost Network (Article) - 9/27/2008 4:16:11 AM

Everybody is being way to critical. It was only episode 3. They are still setting things up. Give it a chance to grow a little. I like the Doctor and his son but we need to know more about them. I think Olivia needs a lot more character development. I hope we shine a little light on Astrid. But we have time. If there is no development of Olivia's character by the end of the season I'll be worried but for now I think the show is progressing nicely.

EUREKA: From Fear to Eternity (Article) - 9/25/2008 4:29:36 AM

I liked it.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I guess I don't find Lexxi as annoying as you do. But I do wonder. Non geniuses aren't encouraged to live there. There was an episode where a woman stated that if she lost her job at Global Dynamics, she and her family would have to leave Eureka. So why do they let Lexxi stay?<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />As for Sheriff Carter, he was in a hury and trying to sneak around. A Hazmat suit would have looked pretty obvious. Besides, a large number of people had been down in the bunker and Zoe was the only one affected (and maybe Allison, but Carter didn't know that).<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I do look forward to the Jo/Zane romance. They make a cute couple. Though I did think her calling him a coward after his constantly risking his life to save the town was a little harsh...<BR itxtvisited="1" /> And I'm a woman who loves ths show. I'd think it's light, comic nature would make it a natural with the female demographic. But what do I know?

Comicscape: Saving Superman's House (Article) - 9/25/2008 4:15:45 AM

It sounds like these people have been descent towards visitors, giving them tours of the house and allowing a shrine to be erected on their property. Imagine if complete strangers showed up on a regular basis and wanted to tour your home because somebody fameous had lived there at one time. How would YOU react? Besides, helping some down and out senior citizens on a fixed income to make necessary repairs to their house sounds like a good thing to me. Donating money to this cause and to the people of New Orleans isn't an either/or situation. Money can be raised for both causes.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/23/2008 10:15:35 AM

I am a chick. Dean IS that hot! Hey, if you guys can rate all the actress on the show on a hotness scale, why can't we gals have something to oggle too. Let's have more Dean! In skimpy clothing...

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA