All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,911 - 2,920 of 3,097

TV Wasteland: The Good Times Will Come to an End (Article) - 9/22/2008 4:21:57 AM

Yeah, and this episode of SGA is the mid season finale. Don't dis my Atlantis!

TV Wasteland: Everybody's on the FRINGE (Article) - 9/16/2008 3:43:59 AM

Funny thing about Smallville. When it's good it's very very good, but when it is bad it's dull as dust. Not much in between. Looking forward to the JLA reappearance this week.

TV Wasteland: Everybody's on the FRINGE (Article) - 9/15/2008 3:50:22 AM

I liked Fringe well enough. I'll be tuning in again to see how it progresses. The LSH is going to be appearing on Smallville? Cool!

The Manic Maniac: Out with the Old, In with the Kirk (Article) - 9/13/2008 5:16:05 AM

Pirate, you're awfully broad on your definition of a genre film. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World was an historical film and Ocean's 13 was a caper film. The Manchurian Candidate was a political thriller. These films belonged to A genre, just not the scifi/fantasy/horror genre. And a goodly number of the films you mention I liked. Of course, some of them genuinely sucked big time too.

EUREKA: Phased and Confused (Article) - 9/12/2008 4:03:46 AM

Well, I liked the episode. I like the fluffy. There is far too much scifi out there that takes itself WAY to seriously. A little fluff and humor is refreshing. And Eureka, while fluffy, nearly always seems to stay smart with actual science (albeit some of it very unlikely) being discussed in every episode. My only problem with this episode was, it was established in a previous episode that prototypes from abandoned projects were stored in a bunker, not destroyed or recycled. So why were the rocket boots and the dematerialization device sent to the recycling center and the personal force field device that nearly nearly killed Fargo kept?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/6/2008 10:16:02 AM

Yeah, Farscape was kind of the best thing since sliced bread. It was endlessly inventive and put an interesting new spin on almost every genre cliche. The acting and writing was superb. But even so, there were people who didn't like it. Can't quite understand that, but there it is. And the best of the Treks was DS9. I think it was the best ensemble show of any genre ever filmed.

Comicscape: Halfway There: A Midsummer Report (Article) - 9/4/2008 4:12:01 AM

Good luck Kurt. Stay safe.

Comicscape: Warner Bros. Takes DC to the Movies (Article) - 9/1/2008 4:25:02 AM

A few words.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Producers don't make art. Directors make art. Actors make art. Special effects people and sound people and makeup people and the guy who writes the theme song make art. Producers make product. It's their job to make money, not art. If they could get people to fork over $10 to sit in a theater and watch a test pattern for 2 hours they would do it.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />But without the money you wouldn't have the art so it's a necessary evil.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />People nowadays like dark films and antiheros. Like Batman. Would a happy, sunny Superman film filled with high ideals do a good box office in today's climate? I suspect it wouldn't.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Also, who here would like to see a Legion Of Superheros movie?<BR itxtvisited="1" /> And mythology aside, on Smallville, Lex's journey from ok guy to supervillian was the most interesting aspect of the series for me.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/1/2008 3:57:11 AM

I saw Death Race last Wednesday. And I really liked it. Critics be damned, anybody who has ever been cut off on the highway and day dreamed about putting missile up that fool's tailpipe will enjoy this film. It's not deep. The ending isn't especially surprising, but I found the race scenes with the oil slicks and napalm and machine guns deeply satisfying. And the nekkid men's "shower" scene was mighty nice too. Does it surprise all you guys who were complaining about the lack of boobage in TDK that us women like the occasional nekkid men's butt in films?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/30/2008 5:21:32 AM

Generally, if a TV show is cancelled, it is cancelled for a reason. Usually bad ratings. While a show on Scifi doesn't need ratings as high as a network show, continuing a show that was cancelled for bad ratings is a loosing bet. I'm annoyed that SGA was cancelled, especially since it is my favorite show on TV at the moment. I'm sure I'll enjoy the DVD movies but not as much as I would enjoy another 22 episode season.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA