All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,911 - 2,920 of 3,033

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/31/2007 1:16:14 PM

Waterworld was a terrible film. Who would film a sequel to such a bad movie? The Golden Compass was a decent film. When I was a kid I would have absolutely devoured it. As an adult I enjoyed it.

Disney Finds TREASURE At the Box Office (Article) - 12/24/2007 8:40:44 AM

Saw Charile Wilson's War last night. Good film. It's a real shame about The Golden Compass. At least it's doing good foreign box office. As for National Treasure, the first one was enjoyable enough but too far fetched for me. I can accept hidden vaults full of treasure under ancient pyramids or jungle ruins but not under Wall Street. Somebody would have found it...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/22/2007 8:19:48 AM

Good article. We've all seen all those tricks pulled off, some worked better than others. Lots of food for thought.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/22/2007 6:08:17 AM

How could Deckard be a replicant? How could he have implanted memories? The implanted memories were a brand new experimental technique and Rachel was the only replicant to have them. And it would destroy the movie thematicaly. The replicants were acting more human than the humans were. Deckard was following orders he knew were wrong and unjust for selfish motives while the replicants were pondering philosophical quandries and looking to save their lives. The replicants were leaving a trail of death and destruction in their wake, but so was Deckard. In the end, some of Batty's "humanity" rubbed off on Deckard and he did the right thing by Rachel even though it would put him outside the law. I also like the voiceovers and the film noir feel they gave the movie. Without them it was still a good film, but was less personal, less about Deckard's personal journey and more about the replicants. And while I could live without the "happy" ending, seeing Deckard's new and brighter (and less rainy) world did give the movie a nice sense of closure. Even though people would come looking for them, they had a chance. And the music over the closing credits and the miles and miles of trees was really fine.

Updated: How Long Before Your Shows Go Dark? (Article) - 12/14/2007 9:14:43 AM

I find it comforting that different people like different kinds of shows and that shows for lots of different tastes are provided. And I find it irritating that some people are so judgemental that they have to heap derision on others who like different TV shows than they do.

'Comedian' Talks About WATCHMEN (Article) - 12/10/2007 8:16:58 AM

Watchmen was never a superhero comic. It was a mystery/thriller. With superheros in it. It was a deep rumination on the theory that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and the end justifies the means. And it's about a guy who destroys Manhattan in order to save the world (sound familliar Heros fans?) The pirate comic wasn't really a subplot. It was a digression to counterpoint the story of Adrain Veidt. In the pirate comic the sailor is so frightened that the pirates will destroy his home and kill his family that he does terrible things (desecrates the bodies of his friends, comits murder) to prevent it and in the end discovers that the danger was all in his mind and his family was never in danger at all. Adrian Veidt did similar things for similar reasons. There was really no way they COULD include it in the movie. It would bog down the main story and probably confuse a lot of the audience. It would, however, make an exciting movie all on it's own...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/10/2007 7:56:58 AM

You know, I liked this season of Heros. I thought the Hiro in the past business was interesting and if we hadn't spent time with Adam Monroe in the past we wouldn't appreciate where he was coming from in the present. I'd kind of like to see what he was up to 100, 200 and 300 years ago that made him the psycho he is today. I liked Monica and West and since they were shown in assiciation with Micha and Claire, characters we cared about from last season, I can't see how anybody could object to them. The Wonder twins could have used a little less build up, we knew what their deal was the first time they were shown so watching Maya kill people with her power and cry about it got repetative. But since they were trying to convince the audience that Maya might be the source of this plague that was coming I can see what they were trying to do. And once they met up with Syler the interest factor ratcheted right up there! The business with Mr Bennett and Mohinder infultrating the Company was quite good, though Mohinder is such an inocent it's difficult to believe the savy Bennett would trust him not to get corrupted. Matt, Nathan, Nikki and Peter were all interesting. I really don't know what people are complaining about. I think chapter 2 rocked! I've see a few episodes of Moonlight, it's not too bad. According to what I've read it's gotten a lot better than the dismal premier episode. Looking forward to Supernatural. I guess until January it's just going to be me and the Food Network in the evening, all the genre dramas are going on hiatus.

ENCHANTED Continues Victory Dance (Article) - 12/4/2007 7:20:35 AM

The thing about Stardust was that the advertising campagin was so poor. The commercials made it seem excessively generic. If I hadn't known anything about it beforehand the commercials would not have made me want to see the film. Since I did know something about it beforehand I went to see it and found it very entertaining. I hope people discover it on DVD and it gets the props it deserves. I'm planning to see The Golden Compass. The commercials for that film make it look exciting and the controversey being generated by the religious themes are sure to bring in the curious. I imagine it will do well at the box office. I might go see Sweeny Todd. None of those other films attract me.

Billie Piper Returns to DR. WHO (Article) - 12/1/2007 12:38:18 PM

someone wanted to know if Scifi is airing the Eccleston season again. 12/06/2007 08:00 AM DOCTOR WHO ALIENS OF LONDON - PT 1 12/06/2007 09:00 AM DOCTOR WHO WORLD WAR THREE - PT 2 12/06/2007 10:00 AM DOCTOR WHO DALEK 12/06/2007 11:00 AM DOCTOR WHO THE LONG GAME 12/06/2007 12:00 PM DOCTOR WHO THE EMPTY CHILD - PT 1 12/06/2007 01:00 PM DOCTOR WHO THE DOCTOR DANCES - PT 2 12/06/2007 02:00 PM DOCTOR WHO BAD WOLF - PT 1 12/06/2007 03:00 PM DOCTOR WHO THE PARTING OF THE WAYS - PT 2

Whedon gets the band back together! (Article) - 11/5/2007 9:09:34 PM

Morjana, Our Columnist doesn't like Stargate. He ignores it whenever possible. Which really annoys those of us that do like it. And speaking of Stargate, Megasnake stars Michael Shanks who did the best he could with truely lame dialogue and fx. It is also the movie which purportedly "starred" the winner of season 1 of Who Wants To Be A Superhero (who's name I can't seem to remember at the moment). Actually, the poor guy got maybe 2 minutes of screen time.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA