All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,921 - 2,930 of 3,095

WITCHES OF EASTWICK Hit Small Screen for ABC (Article) - 8/16/2008 6:06:21 AM

Charmed was better than Witches Of Eastwick. Believe it or not. And Amishpirate, that's really funny.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/16/2008 6:01:29 AM

It had to happen, the Batman vs Iron Man debate.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />A few things. Batman has much more brand recognition than Iron Man. Ask any random person on the street who Batman is and they are likely to know the basic story of Batman even if they never opened a comic book in their lives. They will have seen one or more of the movies or the old Adam West TV show. Ask any random person on the street who Iron Man is and they are likely to say "Who?" At least before the <A class=iAs style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal! important; FONT-SIZE: 100%! important; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px! important; COLOR: darkgreen! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: darkgreen 0.07em solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent! important; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important" href="#" target=_blank itxtdid="5593818">movie</A> came out. Personally, I would never have gone to see Iron Man if it hadn't gotten great reviews. Really glad I did though. I still think it's the best movie of the summer.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><A class=iAs style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal! important; FONT-SIZE: 100%! important; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px! important; COLOR: darkgreen! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: darkgreen 0.07em solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent! important; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important" href="#" target=_blank itxtdid="5580661">Iron Man</A> was much more fun than Dark Knight. Tony Stark has a sense of humor. Bruce Wayne, not so much. (Though traditionally, while Batman is supposed to be dark, Bruce Wayne is supposed to put on a happy-go-lucky facade which I didn't see in TDK, Wayne was just as troubled and conflicted as his alter ego.)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/11/2008 11:53:33 AM

Predator, the Scorpion Kink? Sounds like it might be rated X. The Rock vs Black Scorpion. The leopard print loincloth vs the tight black leather outfit? Sounds, well, kinky. But seriously, why not make a prequel to a prequel? So, we already know how the characters are going to end up. Who needs suspense?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/11/2008 3:58:23 AM

Saw Journey To The Center Of The Earth on Sunday. In not 3-D. Caught the first showing (at 11:45) and the ticket was only $6. Good Deal. It was a FUN flick. Lots of action, runaway mine cars, dinosaurs, molten lava and Brendan Frasier wandering around for half the movie in a sweaty tank top. Plenty of eye candy there even without the 3-D. Though I could see lots of scenes which would have been enhansed by the 3-D with various things popping out of the screen at you. For anybody wanting a fluffy action flick that is suitable for the whole family I highly recommend it. I still have to get a chance to see The Mummy. Even if it isn't the greatest movie in the world, if it has Brendan Frasier wandering around in a sweaty tank top It will be worth the price of admission.

The Manic Maniac: R.I.P. Watchmen? (Article) - 8/7/2008 12:26:07 PM

The difference between Batman and the Watchmen is that Batman is a franchise going back 50 years which has been worked in by innumerable creators in comics, TV and movies while The Watchmen is a specific story written and illustrated by specific people in one medium. There is a lot of scope in Batman from the wacky in Adam West's TV show to the grim Frank Miller comics. Almost any approach will be within the range of acceptability. But if you stray too far from The Watchmen, comic fans will complain and if you adhere too closely people will also complain. Personally, I don't want some director to "put his own stamp" on Watchmen. I loved the comic for many reasons and I want a movie that adheres reasonably closely to it. Of course, doing a descent adaptation of that sprawling story within a descent movie running time will be difficult in the extreme. A six hour miniseries could probably do it justice. A two hour movie? We'll have to see.

The Manic Maniac: R.I.P. Watchmen? (Article) - 8/7/2008 8:56:32 AM

Of course it makes sense. These things advertise the film. If seeing/reading them arouses the curiosity of someone who wasn't planning on seeing the film and that person ends up buying a ticket then they have positively affected the movie industry.

The Manic Maniac: R.I.P. Watchmen? (Article) - 8/7/2008 3:56:03 AM

For some people they are not spoilers. They are apetizers. While I don't want to know how a movie is going to end or important plot points before hand, watching segments on how a certain special effect was done or reading an interview with an actor is a great way to whet my apetite and make my anticipation keener. It enhanses the enjoyment for me. And when I'm watching the movie I'm in the moment. I'm not thinking about how the effects were done or something I read about the movie in a magazine article. I'm watching the movie. Besides, net content is something you have to search out. Anybody who doesn't want to see it doesn't have to. I read Watchmen back when it first came out in the eighties and have reread it several times since so I know ho the movie's going to end. That's not going to stop me from seeing it, just to see how the adaptation goes.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/5/2008 4:06:36 AM

Sorry, I didn't realize that comments about the cast counted as spoilers. And since the character is doing somthing nefarious and villianous in the opening scenes of the movie (won't tell you what)it's not much of a spoiler. No suprises will be ruined.

TV Wasteland: Heroes Cast Getting Larger (Article) - 8/5/2008 3:52:59 AM

Of course they know about DVRs. They just don't want you to use them because they want you to watch the commercials. All TV programs are are things that get you to sit still long enough to watch the adds.

TV Wasteland: Heroes Cast Getting Larger (Article) - 8/4/2008 3:56:30 AM

Sorry, the opening ceremonies are dull. Give me gymnastics instead.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA