All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,921 - 2,930 of 3,033

Unspecified Title (Article) - 11/3/2007 6:53:41 PM

Well, I kinda liked Spiderman 3. Having heard what a bad film it was I wasn't expecting to like it but I did. I liked that Mary Jane knew about him being Spiderman and they were working on it together. Watching the hero try to hide his secret identity from his loved ones all the time gets tiresome. I never had the courage to watch Constantine. I loved the comic so much I just couldn't watch Keneau Reeves "act" his way through it. And D*mn it, John Constantine is a blond Englishman, not a brunette American.

I See You, Space Cowboy... (Article) - 10/18/2007 9:37:52 AM

Well, that was definitive all right. BTW, seeing as this is a column about an anime series, why is it in the books section?

I See You, Space Cowboy... (Article) - 10/18/2007 9:13:17 AM

There are 5 crewmembers of the Beebop. You're forgetting Ein, the sentient dog. And is there anything Jewish about Spike other than his last name? But overall, you're right about the show. It's wonderful in all ways. The Beebop's crew has heart and while they usually get their man (or woman or sentient computer) they rarely get paid. Which is funny. And they all have rather sad back stories which get explored during the course of the series. I wish there were more, but given the ending of the series, it would be a little hard to do and doing a prequel would necessitate leaving out Fay and Ed and Ein which would be a lot less fun.

THE JUNGLE BOOK Platinum Edition (Article) - 10/9/2007 12:46:41 PM

Well, it has to have been 30 years since I saw SOTS so my memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember that part of the plot revolved around a little boy and his mother being relocated to their Grandmother's plantation deeper in the south because their own home was being menaced by Civil War battles. The animated parts of Brere Rabit outsmarting Brere Fox and Brere Bear might be shown again, but I doubt the live action parts ever will be. BTW, my mom tells me that SOTS stars a VERY young Dean Stockwell (like 6 years old) as the little boy. Yes, the same grey older man who now plays the Cylon Brother Cavil.

THE JUNGLE BOOK Platinum Edition (Article) - 10/9/2007 11:39:59 AM

Song Of The South was a movie about the pre civil war south made before the civil rights movement. It depicts African Americans as slaves who are happy with their lot in life and it will never officially see the light of day again. So don't hold your breath. As for The Jungle Book, that was the first movie my parents took me to see, when it was originally released, before I was 2 years old. I still remember this experience and how wonderful I thought it was. KaraS

JJ Abrams is at it again (Article) - 10/8/2007 9:54:34 AM

Yes, thank you for adding Stargate Atlantis to the list.

GAME PLAN Scores Winning Touchdown (Article) - 10/1/2007 11:55:47 AM

Speaking as a moviegoer and consumer, I hate the price of candy and drinks at movie theaters. I know that I don't buy food there. If the prices were more reasonable I might buy some candy at the concession stand. Wouldn't increased volume make up for lower profits per item? And you'd have happier consumers in your theater. I love watching movie previews but I don't like commercials. I can live with a slide show that advertises local businesses like Joe's Auto Parts and Tony's Pizziaria while waiting for the movie to start since the other choice would be a blank screen. I can also live with commercials for candy and drinks available for sale at the consesion stand (Coke, Kit Kats etc). Things like car or laundry detergent commercials get me mad. I'm paying money to go to the theater to see the same commercials I ignore on my TV at home? They could at least spring to make a new commercial seen only in theaters. Something new would, at least, be interesting. Otherwise, don't waste my time.

What Will You Watch? (Article) - 10/1/2007 10:07:02 AM

Yoo hoo! Oh Stephen. Oh esteemed columnist. STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!! It's on Scifi on Fridays at 10:00pm, right after Flash Gordon. I really liked Chuck. I also liked Reaper, which I found very similar to Chuck. I liked Bionic Woman more than I thought I would. Moonlight put me to sleep. Literally. I liked the season premiers of Heros and Bones and NCIS and Numb3rs and Las Vegas and STARGATE ATLANTIS.

Amanda Tapping Talks SG:ATLANTIS (Article) - 10/1/2007 9:44:07 AM

You paid $50 for a season DVD set of a show you hate so you could drive away women you no longer wished to date with it. Riiiiiggghhhttt..... And apology accepted about the language.

Amanda Tapping Talks SG:ATLANTIS (Article) - 9/29/2007 12:21:47 PM

I am another person who likes Atlantis, particurlarly the scientists. And Hey, I'm a woman! Yeoman, just a couple of quick observations, if you hate Stargate so much, why do you own the DVDs? And if you customarily refer to women as "bitches" that may be why your girlfriends leave you, not because of the TV shows you like.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA