All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,931 - 2,940 of 3,075

TV Wasteland: Get an Early Look at the New Fall Shows (Article) - 5/22/2008 4:20:05 AM

I'm a Bones fan and I did not see that coming. I can see Zach being convinced that certain people are evil and need to be killed so that they wouldn't damage our society at large. But canibalism and making sculptures out of the bones of their victims? No way! That's crazy and Zach is way too rational to be involved in that. Did the actor want to leave so they wrote him out? Or will it turn out to be an elaborate sting operation next season.

TV Wasteland: Get an Early Look at the New Fall Shows (Article) - 5/19/2008 4:10:00 AM

The Scifi Channel always shows movies on holiday weekends. They assume we will all be out at barbecues or fireworks displays or Christmas parties (depending on the holiday in question). I guess they don't know about VCRs or Tivos or DVRs. Anyway, I don't really have anything special planned for Friday night and I would just as soon spend it with Dr Who and Starbuck. But there is always my collection of movies on DVD if I get too bored.

Box Office Report: CASPIAN Scores Victory for Disney (Article) - 5/19/2008 3:59:18 AM

Well I liked Prince Caspian. I thought it was better than the first one, loved those griffins!<BR /><BR />Of course, I read the books many times as a child, so perhaps I was seeing the movie through a child's eyes. The sense of wonder was there. Though a friend I saw it with who never read the books was less impressed. But we both agreed that it was better than we had expected due to the mediocre reviews we had read.

Comicscape: Sucking Life with Gabe Soria (Article) - 5/17/2008 5:14:25 AM

I have issues with the format. I liked the old site design better.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/17/2008 5:09:01 AM

My favorite Narnia book was The Horse And His Boy. So I don't think the Pevensie kids are essential. The point of excluding Susan and Peter after the second book was that they were getting to be adults and didn't need fantasy in their lives so much anymore. (Lewis obviously never met people like us) So younger protagonists had to be brought in. I may be seeing this movie tomorrow (or my friends and I may decide to see Iron Man or Speed Racer). So many movies, so little time. Can't wait for Indi IV to come out.

Abrams Talks Wider Appeal of TREK? (Article) - 5/3/2008 6:02:02 AM

I've never been a fan of prequels. Trying to make a movie that is good in and of itself while respecting continuity is a big challenge. People know how it is going to end in advance. I doubt I'm going to enjoy Abrams movie if he is going to disreguard continuity. I was raised in the cult of Trek but aside from Halloween I've never dressed up as a Trek chatacter (unless jewelery counts. I had an Enterprise necklace I used to wear...) And I never learned to speak Klingon.

Comicscape: Ben Johnson Counts Out Countdown (Article) - 5/3/2008 5:43:06 AM

Kurt, be happy that your wife likes the Buffy comics. It's better than having a mate that has no clue about your hobby and doesn't respect it. And the Buffy comics were really good! And let me add my dissatisfaction about the new look of the website. I'm glad that you put Comicscape in the title of the article though. I could actually FIND it when I wanted to read it.

TV Wasteland: Sweeps is Here, Can You Do Anything About It? (Article) - 4/29/2008 4:10:31 AM

Actually, thanks for adding TV Wastland to the title of the article. I found it without trouble this week. I'm just as happy to be without miniseries and specials. They interfere with my viewing of my favorite series. I saw Supernatural last week and it was really good. People who opted to watch baseball instead missed a good thing. But would a baseball game in Chicago, large market though it is, really cause a viewing drop that large? 23% is huge! Maybe people were unaware that a new episode was being shown?

Merchandising: The Search for More Money! (Article) - 4/26/2008 4:52:26 AM

Gotta agree with everybody else about the new site design. I had to click into several articles to find the Comicscape column due to it wasn't marked AS the Comicscape collumn. This is confusing and annoying. Perhaps you should start titling the column Comicscape: Merchandising: The Search For More Money so that people could find it. Also, it would be nice to be able to make paragraphs so my thoughts don't come out so jumbled up. As for the column itself, I really don't see anything wrong with cross merchandising. Is a comic really going to be hurt if they release a T-shirt or an action figure? To see such things in a store can only raise the profile of the comic and perhaps inspire new readers to check it out.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/21/2008 4:29:01 AM

Well, if BET was going to do a superhero show it's obvious that they would pick a black one. It IS the African American Channel after all. Why would they be interested in doing a show about a caucasion hero? Which is not to say that a show about Black Panther or any other black hero wouldn't do well on another channel. And why can't we do paragraphs? The text is all smooshed together. Please fix that.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA