All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,941 - 2,950 of 3,099

Box Office Update: KNIGHT Scores Victory Over Brothers and FBI (Article) - 7/28/2008 4:19:06 AM

I liked TDK but I don't think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread like everybody else seems to. My pick for the most FUN movie of the summer (so far) still goes to... Speed Racer. Didn't get to the movies this weekend (my mother was sick) but I REALLY want to see X-Files and Journey To The Center Of The Earth. Seeing TDK once was enough for me. Kevin Costner was never my favorite actor but he has done some descent movies. Silverado is one of my favorite films and he was great in it. The Postman wasn't bad (though they slaughtered the source material) and it had a cameo by Tom Petty. Waterworld was one of the worst films ever made. Just an embarrassment to everybody involved. Right down there with Highlander II (and that's tough to do).

Sci-Fi Announces New Genre Slate (Article) - 7/25/2008 4:10:56 AM

I don't think they are going to cancel SGA after this season. It's a great show. And the ratings are ok. It's just on Fridays when everybody goes out and DVRs it. Farscape wasn't cancelled due to ratings. Despite what was publisized at the time the ratings were stable and fine. That was an attempt at damage control on Scifi's part. It was a corporate behind the scenes thing during which both Scifi and the company that was producing it were on the edge of bankruptsy and it was an expensive series to produce. So it got axed. And Scifi has regretted it ever since I'm sure. As for these new shows, not one of them sounds attractive to me.

TV Wasteland: High Hopes on the Fringe (Article) - 7/21/2008 5:10:42 AM

That's last week's SGA episode.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/21/2008 4:32:31 AM

Is this the summer of the superheor or what? Iron Man, The Hulk, Hancock and Bastman. Plus, when I saw the Batman film there were trailers for The Spirit and Watchmen (which looks awesome cool).<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Gotta say, between Iron Man and Batman I preferred the Iron Man film. Reason? Tony Stark HAS a sense of humor. Unlike Bruce Wayne. The Batman film was a little depressing. Though I liked the part where the big inmate on the ferry threw the detonator out the window and the citizens on the ferry couldn't bring themselves to blow up the inmates. That was good.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Not that I didn't like the Batman film, but it was so INTENSE. I felt exhausted coming out of the theater.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I am looking forward to the X-Files film. I must be one of those pathetic old X-Files fans who can't let go that you were talking about. Too bad. Mulder and Scully were great!<BR itxtvisited="1" />

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/17/2008 4:49:53 AM

I hated the Ori arc. We spent 8 years fighting the Gou'ald who posed as gods. Then we had the Ori who posed as gods. Yawn. They could have been a little more original. On the other hand, I find SGA great entertainment. I disagree that they are just going through the motions. And I thought their sendoff of Carter was fine, much more realistic than some dramatic exit. They did that with Weir. But military personnel get reasigned all the time. And Donna has been one of my favorite companions. David Tennant has played the most vulnerable doctors and Donna one of the most brash companions. I think they mesh well and the brother/sister vibe they have is unique for Doctor Who.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/14/2008 12:29:19 PM

Yeah, I read that David Tennant wanted a year off to do theater. British actors are wierd. Can you imagine an American actor taking a year off from a successful TV series to do theater? I can't.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/14/2008 11:53:49 AM

I suspect Prince Caspian will clean up on DVD sales. As for Speed Racer, I think it is the most entertaining film I've seen this summer (including Iron Man and Indi IV). Not the BEST film, but the most entertaining. Anybody who has been cut off in traffic and daydreamed about shooting a missile up the offending car's tail pipe will get a real thrill out of the racing scenes. And John Goodman taking on ninjas was worth the price of the ticket all by itself. And surprisingly, the movie had a lot of heart. Now if I could only get a director's cut with the scenes of Spridel and Chim Chim invading the evil company headquarters in search of candy cut out of the film...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/14/2008 4:57:11 AM

You go to a new galaxy and you are bound to encounter new diseases. It's suprising it doesn't happen more often. Yeah, shame about Carter but I think she'll be back as a guest star occasionally. I liked Rose but I like Donna better. She and The Doctor have a kind of brother/sister vibe which I haven't seen on Doctor Who before. Usually, like with Rose, The Doctor is a teacher and mentor figure. They tried a one sided romantic relationship with Martha which didn't work too well IMHO.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/14/2008 4:49:40 AM

I saw both Speed Racer and Prince Caspian and they were both entertaining films. It's too bad they didn't make more money. But there are so MANY films I want to see this summer. Is it my imagination or are there more interesting films out this summer than usual? If they released some of these films in August and September, spread them out more, I'd be able to see them all. BTW, I want to see Journey To The Center Of The Earth and the 3rd mummy movie because Brendan Frasier is HOT!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/8/2008 5:22:27 AM

There are rude people in movie theaters, resturants, supermarkets, parks, malls and just about any other public place. They yack on cell phones, play loud rap music, push, shove, leave shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot, don't flush public toilets, vandalize ATMs, let their kids break merchendise in stores and refuse to pay for it and do dozens of other antisocial things. They come from every race, religion, and ethnicity. They are just rude people. Our society is full of them. It's unfortunate when it happens. One time I was in a resturant with my father. A kid (looked like he was around 10 or 11, old enough to know better) was running around banging silver ware on the plates of unused tables. My dad grabbed him and scared the scat out of him. His mother had the nerve to demand an apology, that's not what she got. Heh heh heh. My dad told her that if she couldn't control her ungovernable brat she shouldn't take him out in public. She didn't like that much.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA