All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,941 - 2,950 of 3,107

TV Wasteland: Heroes Cast Getting Larger (Article) - 8/5/2008 3:52:59 AM

Of course they know about DVRs. They just don't want you to use them because they want you to watch the commercials. All TV programs are are things that get you to sit still long enough to watch the adds.

TV Wasteland: Heroes Cast Getting Larger (Article) - 8/4/2008 3:56:30 AM

Sorry, the opening ceremonies are dull. Give me gymnastics instead.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/4/2008 3:53:12 AM

I saw X-Files yeaterday. I was entertained but I agree, it wasn't that great a movie. Glad I saw it though. And Cylons are showing up everywhere. Did anybody else notice that Leoban the Cylon (can't spell the actor's actual name) was the main villian? At first I was like "Naah, that can't be him." But there his name was in the credits. Looking Forward to Death Race. That film looks like it is going to be intense.

Box Office Update: KNIGHT Scores Victory Over Brothers and FBI (Article) - 7/29/2008 11:25:55 AM

You know, I didn't get around to seeing Batman Begins. And Predator, sorry, I thought it was you. After 6 pages of replies it starts to run together. And Predator, if you need good movies on your planet I'll send you some. Highlander II was a good one and Men In Black II. And Waterworld. Oh, and Red Sonja. I'll send you a little care package. Heh heh heh.

Box Office Update: KNIGHT Scores Victory Over Brothers and FBI (Article) - 7/29/2008 8:53:30 AM

And I guess Predator bothered me because I really don't like being accused of drug use and other unsavory behaviour because I didn't like a movie as much as he did. That's really rude and immature.

Box Office Update: KNIGHT Scores Victory Over Brothers and FBI (Article) - 7/29/2008 8:51:07 AM

It all depends on what you're looking for in a movie. Personally I found TDK too intense. I'm not disputing that it's a good film, but I wanted something more light hearted and fun. I enjoyed Iron Man, Indi IV and Speed Racer because they were light hearted and fun. They didn't take themselves too seriously. And I've got to admit, while I'm up on my Batman lore I'm not to familliar with Tony Stark. But I really liked his movie.

Box Office Update: KNIGHT Scores Victory Over Brothers and FBI (Article) - 7/29/2008 4:35:54 AM

Your feelings are hurt? Poor baby. Twenty nine? I remember being Twenty nine. Long ago when time was young and dinosaurs roamed the Earth. But seriously, people can like different movies without becomming mortal enemies. I had more fun watching Speed Racer than TDK. You had more fun watching TDK. It's ok. It'll all work out. Don't stress out over it.

Box Office Update: KNIGHT Scores Victory Over Brothers and FBI (Article) - 7/29/2008 3:52:44 AM

Predator, I din't say Speed Racer was the best film this summer so far. I said it was the most FUN. When I left the theater after seeing Speed Racer I was excited and happy. When I left the theater after seeing TDK I was exhausted and a little depressed. TDK was not a happy film. I'll admit that Ledger put in a masterful performance, but I still like Jack Nicholson better. Nobody does crazy like Nicholson. Bale's performance left me cold. The BEST movie of the summer so far? My pick is Iron Man. That one had lots of action, political relevance, and Tony Stark didn't take himself so Damn seriously. He defended the helpless and still kept his sense of humor. And nobody is going to take you seriously until you stop writing in all caps and stop threatening to hurt people because they disagreed with you about a movie. What are you? Twelve?

Box Office Update: KNIGHT Scores Victory Over Brothers and FBI (Article) - 7/28/2008 4:19:06 AM

I liked TDK but I don't think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread like everybody else seems to. My pick for the most FUN movie of the summer (so far) still goes to... Speed Racer. Didn't get to the movies this weekend (my mother was sick) but I REALLY want to see X-Files and Journey To The Center Of The Earth. Seeing TDK once was enough for me. Kevin Costner was never my favorite actor but he has done some descent movies. Silverado is one of my favorite films and he was great in it. The Postman wasn't bad (though they slaughtered the source material) and it had a cameo by Tom Petty. Waterworld was one of the worst films ever made. Just an embarrassment to everybody involved. Right down there with Highlander II (and that's tough to do).

Sci-Fi Announces New Genre Slate (Article) - 7/25/2008 4:10:56 AM

I don't think they are going to cancel SGA after this season. It's a great show. And the ratings are ok. It's just on Fridays when everybody goes out and DVRs it. Farscape wasn't cancelled due to ratings. Despite what was publisized at the time the ratings were stable and fine. That was an attempt at damage control on Scifi's part. It was a corporate behind the scenes thing during which both Scifi and the company that was producing it were on the edge of bankruptsy and it was an expensive series to produce. So it got axed. And Scifi has regretted it ever since I'm sure. As for these new shows, not one of them sounds attractive to me.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA