All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,941 - 2,950 of 3,160

Week of February 2, 2009 (Article) - 2/3/2009 3:41:53 AM

(3-D glasses are available for free anywhere that sells SoBe Lifewater.)

And yet, I couldn't find any.  Fortunately, the episode was perfectly viewable without them.

I've never had a big problem with Heroes.  Sure, you can pick nits till you're blue in the face but I've been consistently entertained by it, even when it was gothicly convoluted.  And this persecution of the superpowered looks like a good direction, even if The X-Men has been plowing this field for years.

5 Innovative Ways Hollywood Is Screwing You Over (Article) - 1/27/2009 4:16:29 AM

A thing about the commercials.  I don't really mind the commercials if they are commercials for something being sold in the theater.  Do they sell Coke and Snickers Bars at the concession stand?  Then commercials for Coke or Snickers Bars are not out of place.  But why do I want to see a car commercial at the  theater?  Am I going car shopping on the way home?

They COULD make new and more interesting commercials that would be shown exclusively in the theater.  That would hold my interest more than seeing the same commercial that I have seen dozens of times already.

Foursome Join New STARGATE (Article) - 1/23/2009 4:16:21 AM

I don't feel that SG:A was getting tired.  I felt it was just getting better and the character were getting more real and interesting.  It started off as a mediocre show and became great.  The ratings were going UP.

Why did they cancel it?  Money.  They wanted to start a new show with cheaper actors who hadn't been getting raises for 5 years.

Why should we get invested in this new show if they are going to cancel it, just when it is in it's creative prime, and start a fourth show with new, and therefore cheaper, actors?  I feel very dubious about this new program.

TV WASTELAND- Week of January 5th, 2009 (Article) - 1/8/2009 4:17:56 AM

Hobbs, BECAUSE the last episode of Atlantis is this week.  It's a genre show that has run for 5 years and has many fans.  WHY do they constantly ignore it?  They cover other shows on Scifi.  Monday's entry is RERUNS of Lost on Scifi.  You know that when BSG gets back there will be exhaustive coverage.

I assumed it was because our former beloved columnist didn't like it and has said as much.  Even so we eventually convinced him to include it in his list of shows for the week.  What's this new guy's excuse?

I'm not asking for the moon.  I just want a mention that the series finale is on Friday.  It's momentous because Atlantis wasn't cancelled by the network for low ratings.  Ratings were up.  It was cancelled because the production company wanted to make direct to DVD movies instead. So they can charge us to see something we used to get for free (or with our subscription to cable anyway). And they wanted to do another show that was cheaper to produce instead.

This is a BAD precedent.  Do I really want to get invested in Stargate Universe if they are going to cancel it at the height of it's popularity to make direct to DVD movies and start yet another series with cheaper actors in it?  Do we want other production companies to follow this model?  You know that if it proves profitable once then others will jump on the band waggon.

So, it's not too late to worry.  It's time to get started worrying.

TV WASTELAND- Week of January 5th, 2009 (Article) - 1/6/2009 4:20:22 AM

Bryzarro, because we Gaters don't get no respect here and it's grating.  Try having them ignore the series finale of you favorite show in favor of showcasing a cartoon and see how you feel.

TV WASTELAND- Week of January 5th, 2009 (Article) - 1/6/2009 4:17:03 AM

Well, let's give the new columnist a chance to find his groove but I have to agree.  This is sub par.

There are frequently lots more than 1 show per day that are of intrest and it would be nice if all shows in the demographic were mentioned.  Particurlarly when those include the season finale of Sanctuary and the series finale of SG Atlantis, a show which has run for 5 years and has many fans.

What is mentioned on Friday instead?  Batman: the Brave and the Bold?  It's a bad joke.

And the new site design does suck.  You want to read an article and click on it and it doesn't go through and the article you wanted to read disappears before you can try to click on it again.  Very frustrating!  And what was the point of an upgrade?  I'd just gotten the hang of the site again since the last upgrade?

BOX OFFICE- A Barking Success for MARLEY (Article) - 1/5/2009 4:05:01 AM

Still no movies that I'm even slightly interested in seeing.  What a shame.

Why do they change the site every 6 months or so?  That's so confusing!  I can understand wanting to spruce up an old site but we'd hardly gotten used to the site since the last upgrade.  I don't see that they are adding anything to our viewing experience.  Why can't they pick a look and stick with it for awhile?

My favorite version of the site was 2 upgrades ago.  Any chance they could go back to that?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/29/2008 4:18:42 AM

<p>No more TV Wasteland?&nbsp; Say it ain't so!&nbsp; First no more Matt Rouch on TVGuide.com and now this!&nbsp; What will I waste time at work reading now?</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/18/2008 4:37:49 AM

<p>Um, Ghostbusters 2?&nbsp; That's a New Year's movie.</p> <p>And where's Santa Claus Conquors The Martians?</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/18/2008 4:21:39 AM

<p>You picked on two of my favorite disaster movies, Twister and Volcano.</p> <p>Tornadoes do cause a lot of damage and kill people, there are legions of storm chasers who track them and the effects were very cool.&nbsp; And the relationship between Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton was classic.&nbsp; What's your problem?</p> <p>As for Volcano, sure the lava moved slowly and in an unpopulated area such a volcano would be just a nuisance.&nbsp; But in the middle of a city it could kill lots of people and surely destroy plenty of property.&nbsp; Did you notice the two guys trying to save priceless, irreplacable art treasures from a museum?&nbsp; And again, the FX were very cool.&nbsp; I don't know how many times I've replayed that part where the tar pits start to erupt.</p>

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA