All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,971 - 2,980 of 3,073

An Interview With Amanda Tapping and Jewel Staite (Article) - 9/29/2007 12:01:58 PM

Here's a 3rd pro Stargate response. Firefly was cool, but it never had a chance what with the way FOX scheduled it. I'm happy to see the actors from Firefly wherever they appear. (And you can catch Adam Baldwin on the new show Chuck apparently) I enjoyed Stargate SG-1 for 10 years and I've enjoyed Stargate Atlantis very much as well. It started off a little rough, but it has grown into a highly entertaining show with very watchable characters. I'm looking forward to watching season 4 with Tapping and Staite. As for ratings, I believe that the Stargates are currently the top rated dramas in syndication now. I know you can catch them on Saturday afternoons at 3 and 4 o'clock on MY 9 in my market.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/26/2007 12:27:29 PM

Yeoman, that is incredibly rude. You don't have to like Stargate but insulting it that way insults it's fans. You might like a TV show that I don't like but I won't insult it in front of you. And SG:A is going to be great this season. Everybody should give it a try. Or not. But then the only one missing out will be you. And, as a genre show, wether or not our esteemed columnist likes it, SG:A should be included on his list of shows. If half these new shows work out there is going to be so much good TV this season we won't be able to watch it all.

EUREKA: God is in the Details (Article) - 9/15/2007 3:55:52 PM

Let me add that I disliked that Zoe was suddenly cured when Carter and Henry turned to space warp generating machine (or whatever it was) off. If Zoe and her friends were affected because a stray ray from the machine came into Carter's house and hit them, why wasn't Zoe cured when she was taken to Global Dynamics and was no longer in the place where the ray was beaming? Or, if it was something that had to wear off, why did her speachlessness go away suddenly when the machine was turned off? And if the machine's beams were random why did they have effects that could be interpreted religiously so easily? I think that contrasting science and religion at all in a TV show is a dangerous thing to do because if you show faith and religion in a bad light SOMEBODY is going to be mortally offended. And if you "prove" faith then somebody is going to be disgusted. It's a fine line to walk and this ep did it about as well as it could be done I suppose. I think Carter suspects Henry knows something about Kim's death and he is biding his time. He knows Kim's death is a raw wound and doesn't want to press Henry too hard. He'll get to it.

WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPER HERO?: Finale (Article) - 9/8/2007 1:06:43 PM

They weren't going to dump the only remaining woman. One of the guys was going to go. BTW, the film clips of the gargoyle creature The Defuser was fighting in his "movie" came from a Scifi original movie called Darklight which starred Richard Burghi, David Hewlett and John DeLancie.

SUPER FRIENDS: The Legendary Super Powers Show (Article) - 9/3/2007 1:32:42 PM

Ah, but were the Wonder Twins in it?

HALLOWEEN Slashes Labor Day Record (Article) - 9/3/2007 1:28:27 PM

Yeah, I really liked Stardust. I wouldn't pay money to see Balls Of Fury and I'd probably pay you money to NOT see Halloween.

Digital Distractions (Article) - 8/27/2007 7:48:47 AM

Actually, there is no Dr Who this week. It is a holiday weekend and there is a SG-1 marathon on in that timeslot. Flash Gordon WILL be on but they are replaying the same ep they showed last week, not showing the new episode you listed. Both Dr Who - Family Of Blood and Flash Gordon - Assasin will be shown on 9/8.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/23/2007 8:05:46 AM

I don't suppose it occurred to you to return the second set that was sent to you accidntally due to a shipping problem. But it would have been nice if you did. Yeah, season 7 of Buffy was pretty disappointing.

RUSH HOUR 3 Kicks the Competition (Article) - 8/14/2007 7:54:31 AM

Well, I thought Michelle Pfiffer did an outstanding job and Robert DeNeiro was wonderful. i also t hought Charlie Cox did a great job as Tristan. I was less impressed with Claire Danes but she was ok. Why wouldn't anybody want to see a film with Michelle Pfiffer and Robert DeNiro in it? I saw it on Sunday and the theater was mostly empty. But the weather was perfect. I just thought that parents were taking their kids to amusement parks instead of the movies.

Next HIGHLANDER Direct to Tv (Article) - 8/10/2007 8:03:57 AM

Unfortunately The Dresden Files is history. I heard that the actor got cast in a new series. Even if they wanted to bring it back he probably wouldn't be free to do it. As for this movie, if it has Methos in it I'll probably check it out.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA