All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,981 - 2,990 of 3,033

"Lost: The Man From Tallahassee" (Article) - 3/23/2007 7:04:47 AM

I suspect Ben had Locke's father brought to the island on that submarine in order to manipulate Locke. Remember, when Ben was captured by Danielle in the net he was, he claimed, on his way to collect Locke for The Others. That gave him 2 months or more to find Locke's dad and bring him to the island. The island healed Locke. Ben wants to use that in some way.

NBC Needs a Hero (Article) - 3/21/2007 6:51:57 AM

If something is successful it's guarenteed that someone is going to sue. It was Ray Bradbury's The Illustrated Man, with tatoos that fortold the future. Waterworld WAS that bad. It was far worse than The Postman, not that that movie was an Oscar contender either. But at least it HAD a plot. And I liked Volcano better than Dante's Peak. Just a personal prefrence. The scene of the volcano erupting out of the La Brea tar pits was spactacular. The science was rediculous, but it was a fun film.

"Stardust" Trailer Online (Article) - 3/17/2007 1:01:45 PM

I've read Stardust in the original graphic novel form (haven't read the novelization) and it is one terrific story. It's vintage Gaiman, very complex, following several characters who's stories converge at the end. I'd be flumoxed how to put together a 2 minute trailer that would adequitely convey the story to a viewer unfamilliar with it. And the woman with the chariot? She's a witch. I think 2 goats can pull the magic chariot. And that's hardly the most unbelievable thing in the story. KaraS

What the hell were they thinking? (Article) - 3/17/2007 12:42:28 PM

" really want to say that Angelina is doing a good thing, but something just doesn't sit right with me. I can't put my finger on it, but everytime I hear about her adopting for her Benneton collection, it just kind of puts me off." It smacks of publicity stunt to me. There are plenty of homeless kids in the USA who need help and a good home. Why is she trolling the 3rd world for children to adopt? As for the "intelectual property" thing, if you made your living creating art (painting portraits, writing books, recording songs, acting in movies, whatever) and people were distributing it free on the internet and therfore you weren't getting paid royalties for your efforts, you'd be upset too. And if you made your living distributing the art and free internet downloads of the art were cutting into your paycheck, that would also upset you. If people are watching episodes of Sponge Bob Square Pants on YouTube and therefore not watching them on TV and therefore not generating ratings or viewing the associated commercials that's a problem for Viacom. They are not being paid for providing the program. Why should they have to put up with that? "in the case of Star Wars spoofs, it might even cause me to put in the Empire DVD sometime later that week, just for that ol buzz." Since you already own the DVD, wether you watch it or not really doesn't matter to Viacom. They already sold you the product and got their money. Wether you watch it 4 times a day or it's gathering dust under the bed it's all the same to them.

"Battlestar Galactica: The Son Also Rises" (Article) - 3/16/2007 9:16:40 AM

Trials HAVE to be for everyone. Even when a suspect is caught red handed whith the smoking gun in his hand or in posession of stolen goods or whatever, he is entitled to a trial. The whole trial process is there to prove wether the suspect is innocent or guilty. And it HAS to be true for everyone, otherwise you have a facist state that can lock you up for any reason or no reason at all. We have a pretty convoluted justice system in the USA that is geared to protect the innocent from being convicted of crimes they did not commit at the risk of letting guilty people go, and even so, new DNA evidence and other forensic procedures are proving that our jails are full of many innocent people. If Roslin just executed Baltar or condemned him to life imprisonment without a trial then their society as a whole would have taken a tremendous hit. It would have undermined all the ideals that Roslin (and Lee Adama) stood for. People like the bomb planting maintenance worker don't understand that people like Lamkin are an important part of the process. That EVERYONE is entitled to representation and if nobody stood forward to do that, even for a client as unpopular as Baltar, then it would be impossible to run their society. Perhaps the mad bomber will come to understand this when he recieves fair representation at his own trial, but I tend to doubt it. Oh, and I like Anders. Starbuck was lucky to have a mate who was so understanding and supportive, even when she was playing around on him. I hope he doesn't disappear without her around.

"Stargate Atlantis" Contest (Article) - 3/10/2007 10:16:54 AM

Didn't Dr Who go for 25 years or so without breaks?

"Heroes: Parasite" (Article) - 3/8/2007 3:31:32 PM

"And I still don't get why it never occurred to him, or apparently HRG that shooting Peter would set off Chernoble Pete, just like it did Radioactive Ted, and HRG and seemed to assume that would happen." Blink wiped Bennett's memory. The last thing he remembered was pulling into the driveway taking his wife home from the hospital. He didn't remember Ted going critical after being shot. "The healing power seems to be a subconcious one, so Peter being knocked out shouldn't matter." It's subconcious for Claire, Peter has to concentrate on it. He was thinking about Claire and her power to heal BEFORE he hit the Taxi. However, Peter should have days or weeks to heal his head wound to prevent it leaving a scar unless A) he's unconcious or B) he chooses not to heal it.

"Heroes: Company Man" (Article) - 3/3/2007 10:53:28 AM

I doubt that the Hatian was working with Claude. Claude has been in hiding for the last 7 years with Benett and the company thinking him dead. Benett's new partner is the last person he'd willingly become involved with. No, I think the reason they go to New York is so that Claire can meet her bio daddy, Nathan. And my guess is that they'll run smack dab into Jessica, there to fulfill Linderman's contract on Nathan.

"Lost: Tricia Tanaka is Dead" (Article) - 3/3/2007 10:33:56 AM

I like this ep. I agree, any Hurley episode is a good episode. But also, they keep giving Hurely's flashbacks a fresh spin. Most of the other characters have been retreading the same ground. Jack was a jealous workaholic, check. Kate was on the run, check. Jin and Sun kept secrets from eachother which ruined their marriage, check. Sawyer was a bad person, check. Lock was searching for his identity, check. Charlie was screwed over by his brother on multiple occasions, check. Somehow, they keep thinking up fresh things to say about Hurely and what made him like he is. Cheech Marin's performance was satisfactory, neither great nor terrible, as a man who abandoned his family and young son and only showed up again when his kid hit the lottery. How sympathetic can such a character possibly be? And it was touching in a sad way that Hurely's mother could possibly believe that Dear Old Dad didn't come back for the money. Hurely was smarter than that and watching him trying to hide his resentment from his mother was also touching in a sad way. The bits with Sawyer and Hurley together were comic gold. Partucurlarly when Hurley called him Red Neck Man. And Sawyer was delighted that Hurley should try to make a comeback, even such a feeble one. Hanging out with your friends drinking beer and working on a car, just the way to relax after being held in a cage, beaten and almost shot.

"Lost: Stranger in a Strange Land" (Article) - 2/24/2007 1:52:17 PM

Well, I like Charlie. Sawyer's sexy, but not trustworthy. Jack is too noble and a little pompus and dictatorial. Kate is just annoying. But I like Charlie. Next week is supposed to foccus on Hurley, my favorite Lost character so I'm psyched. I'd barely even noticed Jack's tatoo. I knew he had one but if you had asked me what it looked like I couldn't have told you. It's kind of interesting to know what it means, and that this woman Isabel reads Chinese. But it is hardly something that has been gnawing on me. Some people have been complaining about introducing new characters. But it's necessary. The flashbacks have been pretty dull this season, not telling us a whole lot we don't already know about the characters. Jin and Sun kept secrets from eachother and it ruined their marriage. Locke spent some time living on a commune where they grew pot. Jack threatened his girlfriend until she gave him a tatoo. Big deal. Not telling us new or interesting stuff here. So now we have Juliette and Desmond and we are learning what makes them tick. All well and good. I am so looking forward to Ben's first flashback episode!

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA