All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,981 - 2,990 of 3,108

Sanctuary Finally Coming to TV (Article) - 2/7/2008 6:06:19 AM

I'd forgotten how much I love Lost. It's still mysterious and thought provoking and well acted. I can't wait to see what happens next! I can't get Sanctuary on my computer so I'll be happy to see it on TV. Flash Gordon did improve. I wouldn't call it my favorite show but now it at least holds my attention.

WB Grabs a BUCKET of Cash (Article) - 1/14/2008 1:30:25 PM

Could it possibly be that one person could like a certain movie and someone else could hate it and both people could be fine human beings with good, but differing, taste? Makes the mind boggle doesn't it? For the record, I loved the LOTR films. But if somebody didn't like them that's ok with me. If we were all alike then discussions about movies would be pretty dull...

Supernatural Confirmed! (Article) - 1/14/2008 6:29:35 AM

Medium is on Monday, not Tuesday.

MEDIUM: And Then (Article) - 1/12/2008 12:11:09 PM

Of course the image was gruesome. The villian of the piece was a man who kidnapped, sexually abused and murdered a small child. Do you really want that sanatized or made pretty? I don't. There are such people out there. And there are police dectives who catch them. Meduim is on at 10 oclock. It doesn't have to be suitable for children or prime time. I like it the way it is and you can bet I'll be back next Monday to see it!

There are a Few Things to Watch (Article) - 1/7/2008 1:40:48 PM

Medium's on Mondays, isn't it?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/31/2007 1:16:14 PM

Waterworld was a terrible film. Who would film a sequel to such a bad movie? The Golden Compass was a decent film. When I was a kid I would have absolutely devoured it. As an adult I enjoyed it.

Disney Finds TREASURE At the Box Office (Article) - 12/24/2007 8:40:44 AM

Saw Charile Wilson's War last night. Good film. It's a real shame about The Golden Compass. At least it's doing good foreign box office. As for National Treasure, the first one was enjoyable enough but too far fetched for me. I can accept hidden vaults full of treasure under ancient pyramids or jungle ruins but not under Wall Street. Somebody would have found it...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/22/2007 8:19:48 AM

Good article. We've all seen all those tricks pulled off, some worked better than others. Lots of food for thought.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/22/2007 6:08:17 AM

How could Deckard be a replicant? How could he have implanted memories? The implanted memories were a brand new experimental technique and Rachel was the only replicant to have them. And it would destroy the movie thematicaly. The replicants were acting more human than the humans were. Deckard was following orders he knew were wrong and unjust for selfish motives while the replicants were pondering philosophical quandries and looking to save their lives. The replicants were leaving a trail of death and destruction in their wake, but so was Deckard. In the end, some of Batty's "humanity" rubbed off on Deckard and he did the right thing by Rachel even though it would put him outside the law. I also like the voiceovers and the film noir feel they gave the movie. Without them it was still a good film, but was less personal, less about Deckard's personal journey and more about the replicants. And while I could live without the "happy" ending, seeing Deckard's new and brighter (and less rainy) world did give the movie a nice sense of closure. Even though people would come looking for them, they had a chance. And the music over the closing credits and the miles and miles of trees was really fine.

Updated: How Long Before Your Shows Go Dark? (Article) - 12/14/2007 9:14:43 AM

I find it comforting that different people like different kinds of shows and that shows for lots of different tastes are provided. And I find it irritating that some people are so judgemental that they have to heap derision on others who like different TV shows than they do.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA