All karas1's Comments

Showing items 2,981 - 2,990 of 3,072

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/27/2007 3:23:39 PM

Was Ally's son adopted? Not to be politically incorrect or anything but he's African American and very dark skinned and she's white. If he's adopted it's entirely possible that she adopted him and Stark didn't.

Official Cast for WATCHMEN (Article) - 7/27/2007 2:23:38 PM

gauleyboy, happy to have helped. :-) At the very end when he faces off with Dr Manhattan, Veidt has a line about how he dreams about the black pirate ship and isn't quite sure what that means...

Official Cast for WATCHMEN (Article) - 7/26/2007 3:45:25 PM

The Watchmen is a wonderful book. It's a mystery and anybody who hasn't read it yet should. I too wonder if any mere movie can contain all the important material in this book. Surely the whole bit with the comic book about the pirate attack and how the sailor's soul was dammed and how that echoed the personal journay of Adrian Veidt would have to be jettisoned. I have no idea how it's meaning would be portrayed on screen.

Who Wants to Watch a Wannabe Hero? (Article) - 7/25/2007 10:36:56 AM

Yeah, Martha is cool.

News and Notes Before the Storm (Article) - 7/25/2007 9:42:50 AM

Speak O/T Devil #1 (Of 6) $3.50 Ben: Kurt and his gothy DJ crew are all over this. Kurt: I hope you arenâ??t insinuating that weâ??re all Satanists. The things we worship are far older and far more terrible than Old Scratch. Oh oh, watch out! We've got a Cthulhu worshipper in the house!

Who Wants to Watch a Wannabe Hero? (Article) - 7/23/2007 7:53:25 AM

Yeah, Who Wants To Be A Superhero was fun. It wasn't about power (none of the contestants really had any) but about strength of character. Would you throw away your chance to win to help a lost child? Are you honorable and supportive in your dealings with your fellow contestants? Are you truthful and honest? These are the qualities Stan Lee was looking for. In a genre that glorifies back stabbing, lying and cheating, Who Wants To Be A Superhero was a breath of fresh air as any hint of dishonesty was grounds for elimination. The contestants were geeky but good hearted and funny in a mostly laugh with you, not at you way. And who can forget Tyveculous in the awful new costume provided by Stan? He pretended to love it when he obviously hated it (and who wouldn't?) and almost got himself eliminated for lying.

Reading Comics on the Phone or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Clickwheel (Article) - 7/21/2007 11:32:41 AM

Congrats on the baby Ben. I'm glad he and his mother are healthy and doing well. May all three of you, and any other family members you have, enjoy good health and hapiness together.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/10/2007 8:27:00 AM

I remember watching Kindred in it's original shortlived run. I loved it at the time. I saw it again on Friday and it hasn't aged as badly as I had feared. Looking forward to experiencing Wolf Lake.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/9/2007 11:01:35 AM

In addition to Dr Who, Scifi is running Kindred The Embraced at 07:00pm and Wolf Lake at 08:00pm. I realize that these are old cancelled shows, but Wolf Lake will be new to me anyway. A mention might not go amiss.

TRANSFORMERS Rolls Out to Victory (Article) - 7/9/2007 10:59:07 AM

Nobody seems interested in Stardust. I'd think a Neil Gaiman movie would be attracting some interest here. It's suposed to come out in August (I think). With little competition one would think it would do well. I saw Transformers yesterday. I thought it was a tremendously entertaining movie, although the special agent with the goofy underwear got on my nerves. Playing that part straight would have been a better move.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA