All karas1's Comments

Showing items 21 - 30 of 3,257
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

CASTLE: Castle, P.I. Review (Article) - 1/14/2015 7:37:31 AM

I disagree that this episode was so far below par.  The mystery seemed as interesting as most mysteries on procedurals seem.  A citizen is dead and Castle and crew have to follow clues to discover the murderer.

The comedy between Castle and Pearlmutter seemed a little over the top and forced but that was only a few scenes and in character as Pearlmutter has never liked Castle much.

I do think they are getting a little desperate to keep the relationship between Castle and Kate fresh.  They danced around the will they/won't they for years and now they are married.  They've barely explored their relationship as a married couple and how that would affect their crimesolving before throwing monkeywrenches at them.  This PI thing won't last because Castle and the crew at the 12th are too effective a team.

It wasn't their best episode but it wasn't so terrible either.  I still look forward to Castle every week.

Mania Box Office Report: TAKEN with Taken 3 (Article) - 1/12/2015 4:55:08 AM

Saw The Gambler today.  Decent flick.  I sure hope they augmented John Goodman's  fat with CGI or I fear for his health.

I'd like to see Black Hat next weekend.  Looks like fun.

Michael Keaton for Skull Island? (Article) - 1/9/2015 5:17:02 PM

King Kong wasn't the first movie I saw in the theater but it was the first movie I saw that wasn't rated G.  I was 10.  I think my mom wanted to see it so she took me and my brother.  I had seen King Kong vs Godzilla on TV so I knew what the character was about.

The Jackson version was much too long.  The CGI dinosaurs were impressive but the movie just dragged on and on.  Cutting out about half of the footage of the ship's crew running around getting eaten by monsters on the island would have improved the film a lot.

I really don't see the need for a new version of Kong now, starring Michael Keaton or not.  Maybe it will be good.  We'll see.

Mania Box Office Report: Third Hobbit Threepeats (Article) - 1/6/2015 11:21:49 AM

I liked Mockingjay part 1.  The first 2 films were basically just exercises in bloodsport but the current film is real distopian scifi.

I saw Birdman and my take on it was that it was a depiction of Michael Keaton's nervous breakdown.  The ending was ambiguous.  But that was on purpose.  I enjoyed it but it is definitely not a film that will appeal to everybody.

Mania Review: Into the Woods (Article) - 1/4/2015 8:41:09 PM

I saw it and I loved it.  I am completely unfamilliar with the play so if it's different from the movie I wouldn't know it.  Chris Pine makes a delightful prince and the man can sing!  Lots of fun.

Mania Box Office Report: Third Hobbit Threepeats (Article) - 1/4/2015 8:36:01 PM

Saw Into the Woods last week (bargain Tuesday).  I enjoyed it very much.  The music was delightful, the performances were fantastic, the FX and makeup were first rate and the plot and dialogue were clever and interesting.

Coleman Continues with Doctor Who?! (Article) - 12/27/2014 7:42:57 PM

I'm not a big Clara fan.  Something about her just rubs me the wrong way.  She's so bossy, always telling other people what to do.

Clara and Danny's "love story" didn't grab me either.  I couldn't for the life of me see what they saw in eachother.  He was always ordering her around and forbidding her to associate with her friend The Doctor like she was 10 years old and she was always lying to him.  It was a toxic relationship and frankly made both of them unlikable.  It's hard to like somebody when you disaprove of the way they treat others, especially people they are supposed to love.  (That may be why I disliked Rose.  She was so mean to Mickey all the time.)

It did make their relationship interesting, kind of like a automobile accident.  You can't look away no matter how awful it is.

Maybe without Danny around Clara will be more likeable.

But only if the writing of the show improves.  There were a few good episodes last season but also a few dreadful ones and the remaining ones were just kind of there.  Middle of the road in a most uninteresting way.  The ideas the scripts were based on were mostly stupid or dull and the execution was mishandled.

Top 10 Versions of A Christmas Carol (Article) - 12/24/2014 9:19:19 AM

Michael Caine as Scrooge and Kermit the Frog as Bob Crachet.  What could be better?

11 Essential Holiday Genre Episodes (Article) - 12/24/2014 9:05:04 AM

And let me add that Warehouse 13 had some cute Christmas eps.

Star Trek 3 Lands Director (Article) - 12/22/2014 7:42:48 PM

Well, I detested the ST film that Abrams directed.  I liked Fast and Furious 6.  So I'm cautiously optimistic.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA