All karas1's Comments

Showing items 3,001 - 3,010 of 3,073

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/26/2007 9:50:37 AM

Don't count on having seen the last of Mikhail. The island likes him, the same way it likes Locke and Rose and keeps curing his injuries. Even if he was injured by the harpoon and the explosion of the grenade, the island will heal him. The port hole was too small for Charlie to fit through. That's why he didn't try to swim out of it. And while the door locked from the inside I didn't see a similar locking mechanism on the outside so perhaps Charlie would not have been able to slip out and seal it closed from the outside. I think Naomi and her people were sent by Penny's father. She had the picture of Penny and Des and knew all about the relationship so her people couldn't be random pirates. And if she was from DHARMA what would she want with Desmond? And is nobody shocked that Locke would knife a perfect stranger in the back and kill her without even asking her to put down the phone? We know what drives Locke and kind of understand. But you'd think his friends would be a little surprised by it.

Get a Glimpse of the New Fall Shows Now! (Article) - 5/22/2007 7:17:16 AM

The Heros finale was great! Can't wait for next season. ER jumpred the shark when they dropped a helicopter on Romano, years ago. All the good characters left and only pretty cardboard cutouts are left.

LOST: "The Man Behind the Curtain" (Article) - 5/12/2007 12:08:00 PM

I could be that Annie was no longer on the island. She gave Ben the doll so that when they were apart they would still be together. Maybe her parents were leaving and taking her with them.

Smoking to Affect Movie Ratings (Article) - 5/12/2007 10:56:13 AM

There are some kids who will try stupid stuff they see in movies. There was one TRAILER for a movie (I forget which one) which showed teens daring eachother to lie on the double line in the middle of a highway and have the cars whizz past on either side. When a group of real teens tried it and one was killed by a car, the scene was removed from the film. When The Deer Hunter was in theaters, russian roulette, shown in that film, became popular and people were killed. Watching Beavis and Buthead on MTV play with matches inspired several kids to do that too. They burned down the family home and people were killed. Seeing smoking portrayed positively, or even negatively, could be bad for some stupid or undersupervised kids. Should smoking be banned from being portrayed in movies? No. Is the positive portrayal of smoking something parents might like to know about before they choose which movies to take their kids to see? Some parents might appreciate that heads up. I doubt that this will affect how smoking is portrayed in gritty crime dramas or violent action flicks. Any movie that would be getting an adult rating anyway wouldn't be affected. But it might effect how smoking is portrayed in comedies and movies designed for younger viewers. I don't think that's a bad thing. And for the smokers among us who are sensitive about the poor treatment they percieve as recieving, get over it. You fill the air we non-smokers are trying to breathe with toxic, foul smelling fumes that can have negative affects on our health. If I eat fatty foods it affects only me. There is no such thing as a second hand twinkie. If I get drunk and drive and cause an accident, injuring others and destroying their property, I should face legal consequences for my actions. I should likewise be prohibited from exposing others to toxic fumes. If I went around spraying asbestos or cyanide in people's faces you bet there would be consequences! Whiskeymovie said - I don't think its right to smoke in front of kids, but if someone wants to, it is their god damn chocie, no one elses. But what choice does the kid have? A 3 year old has to breathe the air quality provided by his parents. Why should parents be allowed to inflict toxic fumes on their innocent kids?

LOST: The Brig (Article) - 5/11/2007 8:13:38 AM

Actually, Sawyer's murder of Cooper is very reminicient of Kate's murder of her father. They really had very similar motives for what they did. Since Kate has been portrayed in a positive light, I don't see why Sawyer can't continue to be portrayed as a good, but severley screwed up, person. Sawyer had stated that he intended to kill the man who destroyed his family from the beginning and, in fact, HAD killed a man he mistakenly thought to be responsible. Now the devil who plagued his nightmares was sitting in front of him taunting him and smearing the memory of his parents. That Sawyer should loose his cool and kill him was really a foregone conclusion, which is why Locke brought him there in the first place. And Cooper had it coming. I wanted to kill the sick bastard and I wasn't even personally wronged by him. The Earth is a brighter place without him. But that doesn't really excuse Locke for setting Sawyer up like that or Ben from setting it all in motion.

Smoking to Affect Movie Ratings (Article) - 5/11/2007 7:50:54 AM

Sean Young DID look very sexy in Blade Runner surrounded by a cloud of smoke. And that's precisely the problem. Some teenagers are stupid and will copy stupid stuff they see on TV or in movies. I guess certain people in the government don't want teens to be tempted into starting smoking and developing lung cancer so that they can look cool like that chick from Blade Runner. I doubt it will have a lot of impact on ticket sales. As an adult I go to any film that strikes my fancy, reguardless of rating. I suspect most other adults do too. And teens are probably more likely to want to see a film with a more adult rating. And as for getting a ticket for smoking in a car with children, I'm all for it. I spent my childhood being driven around in a cloud of smoke. Second hand smoking is bad for developing lungs and any parent who would subject his/her children to that deserves more than a ticket.

HEROES: The Hard Part (Article) - 5/10/2007 6:44:05 AM

Peter and Claire weren't going to the square with the fountain to find Ted. They went there because Peter's drawing showed the man exploding in that place and wether that man was Ted, Peter or Sylar they wanted to scope out the situation and try to take control of it and therefore stop it. It might not be the best judgement for Peter to go there if he thinks it might be him, but Peter acts from emotion not logic sometimes. And since the explosion isn't due to happen till after the election they think it's safe. Peter and Claire did not know that Bennett, Parkman and Ted were going to be walking by that place at that time. But when Claire saw her father she ran to him and Peter followed her over, getting too close to Ted in the process. For what it's worth, I don't think this causes his explosion. I still expect Sylar to be involved somehow and since he is on the move and devestated over his mother's death, who knows what he will do.

Cartoons in a theater? (Article) - 5/6/2007 10:20:46 AM

Personally I'd prefer to have less popcorn and pay less money for it. Not that I ever buy popcorn or any other snacks in a movie theater any more, too expensive. If the theater snacks were less overpriced I might buy some. Because the price is too high, they lost the sale. And is popcorn so overpriced because theater owners really need the extra income or because they're greedy? I suspect the latter. And some people, myself included, DO feel that if they have food they have to finish it. People are starving in Africa. Throwing away food, even theater popcorn, is evil. It's not logical, it's emotional. But there it is. As for extra cartoons, I say bring it on. But it might be off putting if you're not expecting it. After paying $10 for a movie ticket I HATE having to view commercials for cars and other products. Especially if they are the same commercials I see on TV. I like trailers for other movies. Adds for snacks available in the theater are ok. But that other stuff has got to go.

Heroes: Five Years Gone (Article) - 5/6/2007 9:53:20 AM

Actually, one of Isaac's paintings was wrong. He painted Claire with the top of her head cut off by Sylar which didn't happen because Peter stopped it. Peter stopped it because Isaac painted it. The act of painting it changed the future. If the future Isaac paints CAN'T be changed then this whole business of trying to stop the explosion is doomed because Isaac already painted it.

LOST: The Brig (Article) - 5/6/2007 9:40:03 AM

Sawyer didn't kill Cooper in cold blood. It was very hot blood. When Sawyer confronted Cooper with the fact that his actions had caused his parents death and ruined his life he wanted Cooper to apologise, beg for forgiveness, attempt to make some kind of ammends. But Cooper didn't do that. His attitude was that if Sawyer's parents were that stupid they deserved what they got. He bragged about what a clever guy he was. So Sawyer lost control and killed him. If Cooper had showed any signs of remorse, Sawyer wouldn't have done that. I can't mourn for Cooper because he is one of the most amoral people we've seen on the show yet, probably a sociopath. But I do wonder what having killed him will do to poor James Ford. And I can't find a lot of sympathy for Locke either. He also had a choice to forgive Cooper and due to Cooper's attitude he couldn't. But more than that, he needs Ben and the Others and Cooper had to die for him to be accepted by them. When Ben asked him what kind of man he was that he couldn't take his revenge on the father who wronged him, the proper answer would have been that he was a man who wouldn't comit murder to bow to peer pressure. But Locke didn't make that answer. Instead he had someone else do the dirty work for him. I think Cooper IS dead and Locke and Sawyer will have to live with the consequences, whatever those consequences are. And for the record, I don't think they are all dead. I think the crashed plane that was found was somehow planted by The Others so that rescue operations wouldn't find the Island. I don't think it's genuine. And someone asked if The Others had ever actually killed any of the crash survivors. The answer is yes. Goodwin, the Other who infultrated the Tailiees, murdered Nathan, one of the tailee survivors to maintain his cover. But he told Anna Lucia that it was OK because Nathan was not a nice person. Also, Ethan tried to kill Charlie and when The Others kidnapped Claire, Alex told her that The Others planned to kill her after the baby was born. Which brings up a point about The Others. They are judgemental. When the plane crashed, instead of offering aid to the survivors, they found out their backgrounds and kidnapped the ones they thought were worthy to join them and abused and rejected the rest. They needed Jack and Locke for specific puropses but don't think they are worthy to join their community so after they were done with them they tossed them back to return to the other side of the Island. But their info isn't perfect. They tried to kidnap Echo and therefore they probably never knew that he wasn't a real priest or anything about his criminal background. They have rejected Kate and Sawyer for criminal behaviour and Sayed for having been a torturer in the war. They probably know that Sun is a mob princess and Jin is a mob enforcer, that Charlie was a drug adict, that Locke lived on a weed farm and that Hurley was in a mental instutition. I'm not sure what they have against Claire or Jack, neither was involved in anything criminal that we have seen, though Clair was an unwed mother. Jack had a bad relationship with his father and is divorced but neither of those is illegal. And there are 60 or so other castaways on the beach who presumably aren't good enough for The Others.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA