All karas1's Comments

Showing items 3,001 - 3,010 of 3,034

How to Become All-Powerful Witch and Save the World from Nazis (Article) - 2/2/2007 3:08:48 PM

I've always liked this film. There was always something about it, Nazis, talking animals who play soccer, witchcraft, armor walking around by itself and turning people into rabbits. It's great. Mary Poppins was good too. I don't know about making out to them though. That's a little perverse, but no more so than many other things I've heard lately. And it's not illegal so go for it. As for some of the more sexually explicit comments there, kinda low class, isn't it boys?

Anime, Ainâ%u20AC%u2122t It? (Article) - 1/20/2007 9:07:20 AM

"I still have to say I get annoyed at cartoons like "Teen Titans", which are created by people who believe the public's interpretation of anime includes excessive sight gags and speed lines instead of, for example, a decent on-going story." Gotta disagree. Teen Titans wasn't made for adults. It was made for kids. To expect it to show the sophistication of Ghost In The Shell is unrealistic and not what that show is about. I like the characters and I think they have done a good job of realizing the comics' storylines (which I read when they were new). Some of the Japanese stylistic stuff is a little over the top, but I can live with that. It's just a fun show that really isn't made to be taken too seriously.

Battlestar Galactica to upset fans? (Article) - 1/20/2007 8:34:34 AM

And I comment like "I don't watch the show so I don't care" is kind of insulting to those who DO watch the show, implying as it does that the show isn't worth caring about. So why report the news in the first place?

Merry Boxing! (Article) - 12/27/2006 8:08:58 AM

A couple of comments... Al Gore has CELEBRITY. Wether you like him or loathe him, you know who he is. What he says about Global Warming, or any other issue, will get more attention and consideration from the public than what Joe Scientist has to say about the same issue, even if Joe Scientist is 1000% better informed. Unless Al Gore quotes Joe Scientist, which will draw attention to what Joe Scientist says. Tom Cruise was critical of the existence of Post Partum Depression and even though he is widely viewed as a nutcase and his oppinions discounted, it still brought attention to that problem. As for deciding wether or not we caused Golbal Warming before doing anything about it, you have to wonder. If we DIDN'T cause Global Warming, SHOULD we be doing anything about it? If it's a natural phenomonon perhaps we should leave it alone and just concentrate on dealing with the changes it causes in our lives. If we DID cause it we have an obligation to try to stop it due to the effect it will have on other species of plant and animal life on this planet. KaraS

Have They â%u20AC%u0153Lostâ%u20AC the Plot Now? (Article) - 12/25/2006 10:18:04 AM

As per jetpackjesus "At no point did the show suggest it *the smoke monster* could take the form of anything, let alone that it was Jack's father (whose corpse is missing by the way), Kate's horse (appeared before the plane crashed as pointed out in #6), or Dave (also a hallucination before Hurley every boarded the plane or even left the mental institution). " That Kate saw the horse before she boarded the plane and that Hurely halucinated Dave in the mental institution does not mean that the smoke monster didn't impersonate those people and animals on the island. And just because Desmond said that his being late to push the button caused the plane to crash doesn't mean he's right. Maybe the EMP pulse empowered the smoke monster and enabled it to grab the plane. WE DON'T KNOW! But I am enjoying the mystery and this is one Lost fan who isn't going anywhere. I can't wait for the next ep.

"The Lost Room: The Key and the Clock" (Article) - 12/16/2006 10:42:39 AM

First, isn't Juliana Margulies best known for all those years on ER? I didn't even know she was on Homicide: Life On The Streets. Second, the beginning isn't as clumsy as you make it out. Miller didn't bring the key home. A young man who had the key was shot and went to Miller for help, dying in his arms in Miller's apt. And his daughter was lost in the mysterious motel room after she was kidnapped and held for ransom (for the key). Miller opened the door so he and his daughter could escape but the door was closed after she entered but before he entered, casting her into some kind of alternate dimension (apparently). Not while the daughter was playing around with the key. The rest of the action of the series revolved around Miller's attampts to get his daughter back. It was an entertaining miniseries and if they made a regular series out of it, I would watch it. The whole thing is being rebroadcast on Sunday.

"Heroes: Fallout" (Article) - 12/7/2006 7:02:20 AM

What makes you think that Hiro fighting the T-Rex is alegorical? Nothing else that Isaac has painted has been. It's more likely that Hiro comes unstuck in time again and jumps back to the cretaceous by accident. His first accidental time jump was forward 5 weeks. The second was backwards 6 months. Who knows what he can do, especially if he is panicked in proximity to a nuclear blast! As for Peter, he colapsed after he absorbed Matt's power. I suspect, due to his nose bleeds and headaches, that Matt gets his power from a brain tumor, like Charlie did. Who knows what absorbing that could do to Peter? Or maybe he's just reached an overload point. So far he's absorbed powers from Nathan, Isaac, Hiro, Claire and Matt. And since the Hatian was around when Claire and her father visited him in jail, he might have been in proximity for Peter to absorb his powers too, even if Peter didn't know about them or have any reason to use them. Not to mention his proximity to Syler at the high school. Having so many powers obviously drove Syler mad, who knows what it's doing to Peter? The one person Peter has never met is radioactive guy so I doubt Peter has absorbed his powers. Yet. But if they did meet in the future, who knows if Peter in his fragile state could control it? As for Peter's prophetic dreams, he absorbed Isaac's ability to see the future. Perhaps, even if he couldn't use that conciously after he had been out of Isaac's vacinity for awhile, he was still able to do it unconciously. It will be interesting to see if he exhibits Claire's healing powers in the future.

"Lost" moving to 10 p.m. (Article) - 12/6/2006 7:13:58 AM

But this will put it on at the same time as Medium! Why do t hey do these things to me?

"Mr. Stain on Junk Alley" (Article) - 12/2/2006 9:30:51 AM

I've seen all the episodes, and any series that includes a dancing alien mothership is something to be treasured.

Politics in Comics or The Follies of Didacticism (Article) - 12/2/2006 9:21:57 AM

spacekicker, you see your Christian faith being trampled and I see my athistic religious beliefs being mocked. Some people seem to belive that athiests, because we don't believe in God, don't know right from wrong and can't behave in a moral fashion. I'm not sure why. If the ONLY reason that a Christian doesn't do evil is a fear of going to Hell, I don't have much respect for him. But I will say that taking pot shots at Christianity is not the purpose of this feedback section and that just because a bunch of Christian religious bigots and intollerant idiots get a lot of press doesn't mean that the majority of Christians in this country feel that way. As I understand it, Jesus' message was a plea for love and tolerance and forgiveness, even among people of differing faiths and ethnic groups. Good ideals to live by no matter what you believe about the existance of God. And I know several Christians who can live by this creed without buying into the hateful right wing propoganda in this country that seems to say that anybody that isn't a Christian needs to be stamped out. Propoganda that, as a nonChristian, I find threatening and frightening. It CAN happen here if we let it.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA