All karas1's Comments

Showing items 3,001 - 3,010 of 3,108

JJ Abrams is at it again (Article) - 10/8/2007 9:54:34 AM

Yes, thank you for adding Stargate Atlantis to the list.

GAME PLAN Scores Winning Touchdown (Article) - 10/1/2007 11:55:47 AM

Speaking as a moviegoer and consumer, I hate the price of candy and drinks at movie theaters. I know that I don't buy food there. If the prices were more reasonable I might buy some candy at the concession stand. Wouldn't increased volume make up for lower profits per item? And you'd have happier consumers in your theater. I love watching movie previews but I don't like commercials. I can live with a slide show that advertises local businesses like Joe's Auto Parts and Tony's Pizziaria while waiting for the movie to start since the other choice would be a blank screen. I can also live with commercials for candy and drinks available for sale at the consesion stand (Coke, Kit Kats etc). Things like car or laundry detergent commercials get me mad. I'm paying money to go to the theater to see the same commercials I ignore on my TV at home? They could at least spring to make a new commercial seen only in theaters. Something new would, at least, be interesting. Otherwise, don't waste my time.

What Will You Watch? (Article) - 10/1/2007 10:07:02 AM

Yoo hoo! Oh Stephen. Oh esteemed columnist. STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!! It's on Scifi on Fridays at 10:00pm, right after Flash Gordon. I really liked Chuck. I also liked Reaper, which I found very similar to Chuck. I liked Bionic Woman more than I thought I would. Moonlight put me to sleep. Literally. I liked the season premiers of Heros and Bones and NCIS and Numb3rs and Las Vegas and STARGATE ATLANTIS.

Amanda Tapping Talks SG:ATLANTIS (Article) - 10/1/2007 9:44:07 AM

You paid $50 for a season DVD set of a show you hate so you could drive away women you no longer wished to date with it. Riiiiiggghhhttt..... And apology accepted about the language.

Amanda Tapping Talks SG:ATLANTIS (Article) - 9/29/2007 12:21:47 PM

I am another person who likes Atlantis, particurlarly the scientists. And Hey, I'm a woman! Yeoman, just a couple of quick observations, if you hate Stargate so much, why do you own the DVDs? And if you customarily refer to women as "bitches" that may be why your girlfriends leave you, not because of the TV shows you like.

An Interview With Amanda Tapping and Jewel Staite (Article) - 9/29/2007 12:01:58 PM

Here's a 3rd pro Stargate response. Firefly was cool, but it never had a chance what with the way FOX scheduled it. I'm happy to see the actors from Firefly wherever they appear. (And you can catch Adam Baldwin on the new show Chuck apparently) I enjoyed Stargate SG-1 for 10 years and I've enjoyed Stargate Atlantis very much as well. It started off a little rough, but it has grown into a highly entertaining show with very watchable characters. I'm looking forward to watching season 4 with Tapping and Staite. As for ratings, I believe that the Stargates are currently the top rated dramas in syndication now. I know you can catch them on Saturday afternoons at 3 and 4 o'clock on MY 9 in my market.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/26/2007 12:27:29 PM

Yeoman, that is incredibly rude. You don't have to like Stargate but insulting it that way insults it's fans. You might like a TV show that I don't like but I won't insult it in front of you. And SG:A is going to be great this season. Everybody should give it a try. Or not. But then the only one missing out will be you. And, as a genre show, wether or not our esteemed columnist likes it, SG:A should be included on his list of shows. If half these new shows work out there is going to be so much good TV this season we won't be able to watch it all.

EUREKA: God is in the Details (Article) - 9/15/2007 3:55:52 PM

Let me add that I disliked that Zoe was suddenly cured when Carter and Henry turned to space warp generating machine (or whatever it was) off. If Zoe and her friends were affected because a stray ray from the machine came into Carter's house and hit them, why wasn't Zoe cured when she was taken to Global Dynamics and was no longer in the place where the ray was beaming? Or, if it was something that had to wear off, why did her speachlessness go away suddenly when the machine was turned off? And if the machine's beams were random why did they have effects that could be interpreted religiously so easily? I think that contrasting science and religion at all in a TV show is a dangerous thing to do because if you show faith and religion in a bad light SOMEBODY is going to be mortally offended. And if you "prove" faith then somebody is going to be disgusted. It's a fine line to walk and this ep did it about as well as it could be done I suppose. I think Carter suspects Henry knows something about Kim's death and he is biding his time. He knows Kim's death is a raw wound and doesn't want to press Henry too hard. He'll get to it.

WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPER HERO?: Finale (Article) - 9/8/2007 1:06:43 PM

They weren't going to dump the only remaining woman. One of the guys was going to go. BTW, the film clips of the gargoyle creature The Defuser was fighting in his "movie" came from a Scifi original movie called Darklight which starred Richard Burghi, David Hewlett and John DeLancie.

SUPER FRIENDS: The Legendary Super Powers Show (Article) - 9/3/2007 1:32:42 PM

Ah, but were the Wonder Twins in it?

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA