All karas1's Comments

Showing items 3,091 - 3,100 of 3,176

Reading Comics on the Phone or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Clickwheel (Article) - 7/21/2007 11:32:41 AM

Congrats on the baby Ben. I'm glad he and his mother are healthy and doing well. May all three of you, and any other family members you have, enjoy good health and hapiness together.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/10/2007 8:27:00 AM

I remember watching Kindred in it's original shortlived run. I loved it at the time. I saw it again on Friday and it hasn't aged as badly as I had feared. Looking forward to experiencing Wolf Lake.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/9/2007 11:01:35 AM

In addition to Dr Who, Scifi is running Kindred The Embraced at 07:00pm and Wolf Lake at 08:00pm. I realize that these are old cancelled shows, but Wolf Lake will be new to me anyway. A mention might not go amiss.

TRANSFORMERS Rolls Out to Victory (Article) - 7/9/2007 10:59:07 AM

Nobody seems interested in Stardust. I'd think a Neil Gaiman movie would be attracting some interest here. It's suposed to come out in August (I think). With little competition one would think it would do well. I saw Transformers yesterday. I thought it was a tremendously entertaining movie, although the special agent with the goofy underwear got on my nerves. Playing that part straight would have been a better move.

A Fantastic Feud: Your Letters (Article) - 6/29/2007 7:13:34 AM

I'm one of those people who loved Watchmen. I thought it was great on all the artistic levels that Kurt was talking about, being about the human condition and all. The characters were deep and interesting and believable to me. And I loved the "suplemental" material, the memos and articles and things that were included. It was just a great experience for me. I didn't like V For Vendetta half as well. As for the FF movies, haven't seen them and not really planning to.

Cute Animals Get Canned (Article) - 6/26/2007 11:12:58 AM

I've enjoyed the later seasons of SG-1 more. Not that the early episodes were bad, but as it evolved more mythology and developed more reoccuring characters it got stronger and richer. At least I thought so. I had mixed emotions about the finale. It wasn't action packed, more of a character piece. And I usually don't much care for episodes where they make everything all better by reversing time. But it seemed kind of fitting. Do watch the series on DVD, and Atlantis as well if you have a chance. Yes, I've been reading the Buffy comic, not bad. But how dare they kill off Ethan Rayne!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/23/2007 10:02:34 AM

Smoking is dangerous, self destructive behaviour that produces a toxic substance (smoke) that can adversely affect others in your area that can't help but breathe it. To advertise smoking by making it look cool to small children would be the hight of irresponsibility. Sanji can suck lollipops and I like him better for it (not that that much sugar is good for him, but at least there is no such thing as second hand tooth decay.) There is some debate as to whether seeing a behaviour portrayed positively in a TV show affects children, but rembmering the '80s and all the six year olds dressed like Madonna, I'd say, yes, it does. Smoking should no more be positively portrayed in a children's show than shooting cocaine or playing Russian Roulette should.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/22/2007 8:08:57 AM

I loved Stargate. Unlike some scifi shows I could name, it never took itself too seriously or left me depressed. It was always a fun time, sometimes with jaw dropping action, sometimes with derring do and great heroics, sometimes with funny comedy, and sometimes with tragedy, but never anything TOO heart rending. It's been 10 years and over 200 episodes and it's been consistantly entertaining. Yeah, some episodes were goofy and a few were out and out duds. But how many shows could go 10 years without producing any bad episodes? I think none. So, props to SG-1. I'm going to miss it. Good thing SG: Atlantis will still be around to entertain us.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/18/2007 10:21:37 AM

And once again, Stargate gets no love. THIS IS THE SERIES FINALE OF SG-1! And the season finale of Atlantis. Maybe Mr Lackey doesn't like these shows but you'd think the last episode of a program that's been on for 10 years would deserve a special mention, wouldn't you?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/5/2007 3:42:26 PM

I don't see any trolls here. Most trolls are pretty incoherent. Mettalwater makes good arguements, even if he is a little vehement at times. I like the new BSG although I still hold a grude that they didn't include ANY of the female characters from the original series and instead changed the sex of male characters to get some women on the ship. What's the point of that? Where were Sheba, Athena, Cassiopia and Serena? Why not use those characters instead of making Starbuck and Boomer female? It DID smack of making changes for the sake of making changes rather than to better the production. BSG has sort of moved past that now, introducing new female characters like Dee, Ellen and Roslin who are good by themselves. And other characters got interesting makeovers. Tigh is 180 degrees from what he was in the old series and Baltar is so much more interesting now. As for ending BSG after the 4th season, whatever. There is no reason, if it took them years to find Earth, that the series couldn't last indefinitely. But maybe having an ending in sight will insure higher quality episodes. We'll have to see.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA