All karas1's Comments

Showing items 3,091 - 3,100 of 3,120
<<  <  307 308 309 310 311 312 >  >>

Have They â%u20AC%u0153Lostâ%u20AC the Plot Now? (Article) - 12/25/2006 10:18:04 AM

As per jetpackjesus "At no point did the show suggest it *the smoke monster* could take the form of anything, let alone that it was Jack's father (whose corpse is missing by the way), Kate's horse (appeared before the plane crashed as pointed out in #6), or Dave (also a hallucination before Hurley every boarded the plane or even left the mental institution). " That Kate saw the horse before she boarded the plane and that Hurely halucinated Dave in the mental institution does not mean that the smoke monster didn't impersonate those people and animals on the island. And just because Desmond said that his being late to push the button caused the plane to crash doesn't mean he's right. Maybe the EMP pulse empowered the smoke monster and enabled it to grab the plane. WE DON'T KNOW! But I am enjoying the mystery and this is one Lost fan who isn't going anywhere. I can't wait for the next ep.

"The Lost Room: The Key and the Clock" (Article) - 12/16/2006 10:42:39 AM

First, isn't Juliana Margulies best known for all those years on ER? I didn't even know she was on Homicide: Life On The Streets. Second, the beginning isn't as clumsy as you make it out. Miller didn't bring the key home. A young man who had the key was shot and went to Miller for help, dying in his arms in Miller's apt. And his daughter was lost in the mysterious motel room after she was kidnapped and held for ransom (for the key). Miller opened the door so he and his daughter could escape but the door was closed after she entered but before he entered, casting her into some kind of alternate dimension (apparently). Not while the daughter was playing around with the key. The rest of the action of the series revolved around Miller's attampts to get his daughter back. It was an entertaining miniseries and if they made a regular series out of it, I would watch it. The whole thing is being rebroadcast on Sunday.

"Heroes: Fallout" (Article) - 12/7/2006 7:02:20 AM

What makes you think that Hiro fighting the T-Rex is alegorical? Nothing else that Isaac has painted has been. It's more likely that Hiro comes unstuck in time again and jumps back to the cretaceous by accident. His first accidental time jump was forward 5 weeks. The second was backwards 6 months. Who knows what he can do, especially if he is panicked in proximity to a nuclear blast! As for Peter, he colapsed after he absorbed Matt's power. I suspect, due to his nose bleeds and headaches, that Matt gets his power from a brain tumor, like Charlie did. Who knows what absorbing that could do to Peter? Or maybe he's just reached an overload point. So far he's absorbed powers from Nathan, Isaac, Hiro, Claire and Matt. And since the Hatian was around when Claire and her father visited him in jail, he might have been in proximity for Peter to absorb his powers too, even if Peter didn't know about them or have any reason to use them. Not to mention his proximity to Syler at the high school. Having so many powers obviously drove Syler mad, who knows what it's doing to Peter? The one person Peter has never met is radioactive guy so I doubt Peter has absorbed his powers. Yet. But if they did meet in the future, who knows if Peter in his fragile state could control it? As for Peter's prophetic dreams, he absorbed Isaac's ability to see the future. Perhaps, even if he couldn't use that conciously after he had been out of Isaac's vacinity for awhile, he was still able to do it unconciously. It will be interesting to see if he exhibits Claire's healing powers in the future.

"Lost" moving to 10 p.m. (Article) - 12/6/2006 7:13:58 AM

But this will put it on at the same time as Medium! Why do t hey do these things to me?

"Mr. Stain on Junk Alley" (Article) - 12/2/2006 9:30:51 AM

I've seen all the episodes, and any series that includes a dancing alien mothership is something to be treasured.

Politics in Comics or The Follies of Didacticism (Article) - 12/2/2006 9:21:57 AM

spacekicker, you see your Christian faith being trampled and I see my athistic religious beliefs being mocked. Some people seem to belive that athiests, because we don't believe in God, don't know right from wrong and can't behave in a moral fashion. I'm not sure why. If the ONLY reason that a Christian doesn't do evil is a fear of going to Hell, I don't have much respect for him. But I will say that taking pot shots at Christianity is not the purpose of this feedback section and that just because a bunch of Christian religious bigots and intollerant idiots get a lot of press doesn't mean that the majority of Christians in this country feel that way. As I understand it, Jesus' message was a plea for love and tolerance and forgiveness, even among people of differing faiths and ethnic groups. Good ideals to live by no matter what you believe about the existance of God. And I know several Christians who can live by this creed without buying into the hateful right wing propoganda in this country that seems to say that anybody that isn't a Christian needs to be stamped out. Propoganda that, as a nonChristian, I find threatening and frightening. It CAN happen here if we let it.

Politics in Comics or The Follies of Didacticism (Article) - 12/2/2006 9:05:01 AM

First, let me say hooray to Kurt and Al. I read the entire column and comments on the books and I wasn't offended once! I salute you gentelmen. As for alegory in fantastic fiction, it's a shame some of today's writers don't watch some old Twilight Zones or episodes of ST:TOS. While the ST was occasionally a little heavy handed (such as in the episode with the half black, half white people) they usually did pretty well. And the whole reason Rod Serling made Twilight Zone was so he could make political statements without being censored by the networks. But perhaps intelligent alegory is a lost art. Or maybe not. Check out BSG.

"Heroes: Six Monthâ%u20AC%u2122s Agoâ%u20AC (Article) - 12/1/2006 7:58:17 AM

First of all, I concur with everybody else that Nathan didn't deliberately levitate from the car. And later in the hospital he seemed dazed. He told Peter he was thrown from the car and I'm not sure that he didn't believe that at the time. But I'm sure that guilt is a motivator in his denial of his powers and his agressive attitude towards Peter who is making him think about this flying ability that brings him emotional pain. As for Nikki and Jessica, I've read a bit about multiple personalities. A person with multiple personalities can have an alergy as one person but not have the alergy as another, odd as it is to believe. And multiple personalities can be generated in an abused child who can't handle what is happening to him/her emotionally and creates a different personality to take the abuse. So I can believe that Nikki could have created the Jessica persona to take the beatings she experienced as a child and then resume control when the abuse was over. And I can believe that the Jessica persona could have abilities that Nikki does not. What relationship this has to a dead sister Jessica, who was apparently beaten to death by her father, is unclear. Is this really Jessica's personality or just a manifistation of Nikki's survivor guilt, naming her new personality after her dead sister? And is her father Hal Linderman? I don't know. Linderman is supposed to be filthy rich and a powerful underworld figure and Nikki's father was talking about how a 2 thousand dollar laptop was such an extravigant present. And since Linderman apparently lives in Las Vegas, why was Hal in a cheap motel? But this show, like Lost, seems to love to connect the characters in surprising ways so it could be him. Perhaps Hiro's trip to the past to attempt to save Charlie was a necessary part of his learning to control his powers that will lead him to the knowledge that he needs to go back in time to warn Peter. And if Peter can temporarily absorb someone else's powers, could he absorb all the powers Sylar had collected or just the one he had originally? After next Monday we'll have to wait months for more answers. Darn. KaraS

Holiday Movies to Replace the Reruns (Article) - 11/27/2006 3:21:15 PM

Well, I've always liked Santa Claus: The Movie. It's the ONLY film I ever really liked Duddley Moore in. And Ghost Busters II is a New Years film, kinda cool. I have Santa Claus Conquors The Martians on tape (I taped it off the Scifi Channel one year), the original version. And this paragraphless format sucks. Those of us who DO know proper English grammar like to use it.

"The Buffy Files: Chapter 7" (Article) - 11/25/2006 6:51:30 AM

Phantom21, about Giles being underutilized, you bet he was. True, the show was called BUFFY the Vampire Slayer, not Giles the Watcher, but he played a huge role at the beginning of the series. Originally it was Buffy, Xander, Willow and Giles who fought monsters in Sunnydale. Other characters came and went, but those 4 were the heart. If either Willow or Xander had been marginilized in the manner that Giles was, how would you feel? Giles did NOTHING signifigant in season 7, made no real contribution. All he did was stand around and whine and I found that really tiresome. As for the Big Bad not being too big and bad, there's NO WAY they should have been able to win. One Ubervamp was bad news, almost killed Buffy in one on one combat. Yet at the end the slayerettes faced hundreds of the things and triumphed. There's no way they should have been able to do t hat, slayer powers or no. Because over the years, while Buffy's slayer powers were handy, they were not what allowed her to defeat so many foes over the years. Kendra had slayer powers and look how far it got her! What made Buffy a great slayer was her wits and her support system of friends. These things allowed her to overcome challenges that had brought down many other slayers in the past. But in a situation like the final battle, those things shouldn't have been able to help her much against such an overwhelming foe. The Ubervamps should have just powered their way past Buffy and the slayerettes like they weren't even there.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA