All karas1's Comments

Showing items 3,131 - 3,137 of 3,137
<<  <  311 312 313 314

SG-1 heading to the movies? (Article) - 10/14/2006 10:05:18 AM

Watch out for those sour grapes. They make the cheese taste funny and can ruin your taste buds.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Season Premiere (Article) - 10/14/2006 9:50:18 AM

Well, the new BSG has included several black female characters, though more as supporting players than main characters. And the new Boomer introduces Asian characters to the series for the first time. I like the show but I still resent them giving the characters a sex change. And they didn't use ANY of the perfectly servicable female characters from the original series.

The Buffy Files: Chapter 1 (Article) - 10/13/2006 6:45:24 AM

I don't understand why your friends told you that season 1 was weak. I found that it had many good episodes (my favorites being the one where Xander was posessed by a hyena spirit and the one where everybody's worst fears come to life). Of course, every series is entitled to one or two sub par episodes a season and if you didn't like I Robot, You Jane, well, it wasn't my favorite either. But it did introduce the Jenny Calendar character and she will be important. Count on it. All in all, I liked season 1 much better than season 7 which was dark and kind of unpleasant and perhaps too serialized. But if you're a Firefly fan, you will see some familliar faces in the last seasons of both Buffy and Angel.

WE KEEP YOU SAFE (Article) - 10/9/2006 3:15:44 PM

Yeah, those disaster drills were fun. Like going down into the basement by the Music Room and sitting down in the hallway was going to protect us from nuclear war.

The New Blood (Article) - 10/9/2006 3:12:48 PM

Greetings Stephen. I agree with lister. There are more good shows on TV than strictly scifi stuff and it would be nice to know about them, particurlarly those on esoteric cable channels I might not be checking. As for Sunday evening, I've been enjoying The Amazing Race followed by Iron Chef America on the Food Network. What do those shows have to do with scifi? Not a thing. But they are entertaining. I watched the first half of the first episode of Heros and turned it off because I was bored. Is it getting better?

WE KEEP YOU SAFE (Article) - 10/8/2006 2:44:20 PM

I remember when Home Alone came out. I saw it and was shocked and appalled. This little boy is abandoned by his parents and threatened by robbers who want to hurt him and rob his house. And this situation is played for laughs, complete with cartoon violence such as dropping bowling balls on the robbers' heads, pushing them down the stairs and hitting them in the faces with burning irons! And the robbers are as uninjured by these potentially deadly attacks as Elmer Fudd would have been. At a time when Bugs Bunny cartoons were criticized for the same sorts of violence and the Power Rangers was claimed to be too upsetting and realistic for children (like being menaced by aliens from the moon is so much more likely to happen than being abandoned by your parents), Home Alone was declared a heartwarming holiday classic. Go figure. Myself, I watched plenty of violent cartoons as a child and Hey! I didn't grow up to be an ax murderer. As for GI Joe, calling Cobra a criminal orginization instead of a terrorist orginization is just semantics. Terrorists ARE criminals after all. However, indicating that the US Army fights crime and can be used as domestic police is untrue and maybe not the message we want to send. But hey, if it sells more toys, who am I to object?

This Week's Premieres in Preview (Article) - 10/3/2006 7:36:55 AM

Welcome Steven. The TV Wasteland was the reason I started visiting this site and I've really missed it the last few weeks. Yeah, go back to listing the week's schedule please. That was handy and fun. I'm sure our boy spider will be along eventually. I think you guys enjoy his antics. Whenever BSG is mentioned, I see you waiting for him with your metaphorical baseball bats and nail studded 2x4s. And when he doesn't show up for his beating you miss him and call for him. It's sweet in a twisted kind of way.

KARAS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA