0 Comments | Add
Rate & Share:
Katsucon 8 VIZ News
February 17, 2002
Returning with another convention report, AuldDragon got this info from the VIZ panel this morning:
- Manga acquirements: Gundam Origin (remake/redrawing of the original Gundam
manga), and they got X back.
- Vagabond Manga doing well.
- Inu Yasha Vol.1 has a planned release of August (will be delayed if they
get a TV deal); one disc a month, 3eps/disc for season 1 (9 discs/27
episodes); $24.95, although they are considering $19.95. In addition,
Marketing is pushing for 4eps/disc.
- Viz has four titles to release this summer; Toshi couldn't announce them
because he hadn't heard back about whether licensing was finished or not. He
gave some hints, though: One is a title that another company wanted/was
rumored to have (NOT Noir); two are Shogakukan (he mumbled, I'm assuming he
meant Viz's parent company) related titles.
- Ranma TV Box 2 due this April.
- Viz is considering acquiring other Rumiko Takahashi titles, including
- Viz is considering releasing their back catalog; they want to, but
Marketing isn't sure they'll sell well.
- Maison Ikkoku: Toshi wants to release a box set of all the episodes (1-36,
I believe) that have been dubbed so far (hybrid, of course), and if they do
well, they'll dub and release the rest.
- Viz has licensed Hamutaro (a hamster show) from Shopro.
- We all know who is releasing Zoids (Pioneer), but the big mystery was who
licensed it. Well, it was Viz! ^_^