All kimbroo's Comments

The Best Movies of 2012 (Article) - 12/27/2012 2:40:22 AM

I had another post that seemed to disappear expressing my extreme distaste in the fact that "Les Miserables" was listed as the best movie of the year on this site.  Guess it was too colorful, haha.  But yeah... boo.  I come to this site for news and info on specific genres of film, and a historical musical that has been overplayed and hackneyed over the years is def not something I want to see as the best film of 2012 from this site.

The Best Movies of 2012 (Article) - 12/27/2012 2:30:18 AM

and almostunbiased, there have been many instances where a generic term has been taken over to be used in more specific terms.  When it comes to film, the term "genre" has been adopted to refer to the type of movies we discuss here. Otherwise it would be asinine to even use the term. Take the word "diet" for instance, which is originally a word for any degree of caloric intake regardless if it is for use in weight loss, weight gain, or for someone just eating for the sake of eating.  Now, to "diet" is to eat with the goal of weight loss.

Mania Editorial: The Hobbit in 48fps HFR (Article) - 12/19/2012 5:31:27 PM

I would like to be able the check out the 48 without the 3D personally.  But that, again, is just my own issue with visual impairment.  There's is nothing wrong with innovation, as long as the old styles aren't lost.

5 Fantasy Movies to Tide Us Over (Article) - 12/19/2012 5:25:46 PM

This "fantasy" arguement is all based in semantics.  In terms of art and/or entertainment there seems to be a defining quality behind fantasy.  I really wouldn't consider Superman as falling into that realm but that is how I see it.  If that's true, anything that goes beyond the norm not based on a twist or extension of scientific logic could be considered fantasy.  The Exorcist?  Fantasy.  Indiana Jones?  Fantasy.  It really is a very subjective matter and almost pointless to argue over.  One man's fantasy is another man's horror and all that jazz.

Storage 24 Red Band US Trailer (Article) - 12/19/2012 5:20:20 PM

Doesn't look too too shabby.  Does look cheap but I'm a bit of a gorehound and this looks watchable.  Will probably be on netflix a week after it is released so will most likely catch it there.

Jackman for X-Men Sequel (Article) - 12/19/2012 5:15:50 PM

Fun Stuff.  With the exception of X3, these films seem to keep getting better.

Wacky Holiday Horror (Article) - 12/19/2012 5:13:26 PM

Don't forget the one where WWF wrestler Goldberg plays an evil santa in Santa's Slay.  Gotta love the wonderful opening sequence where the likes of Fran Drescher and Chris Kattan get slaughtered in hilarious ways.

Mania Editorial: The Hobbit in 48fps HFR (Article) - 12/19/2012 12:56:14 AM

I don't go into the 3D gimmick thing.  I always watch the 2D version of movies in the theater, partly due to a visual impairment that makes 3D a headache for me to watch.  But alas, this is something that's going to have huge groups of people on both sides of the fence.  I can tell you this, what I saw was not at all like a soap opera.  I do appreciate the lesson though.  Ever since the 80's I've always wondered why a show like Cheers had a totally different look from a show like Different Strokes.

Warm Bodies Character Posters (Article) - 12/19/2012 12:48:30 AM

The look of the main zombie teenager, despite the humor involved, and the fact that it is a PG-13 zombie flick makes it justified enough for me to be compared to twilight.  Zombies are not supposed to moisten the panties of 15 year old girls.  Not the typical ones anyway.

5 Fantasy Movies to Tide Us Over (Article) - 12/19/2012 12:42:07 AM

The Hobbit was amazing!  Wonderful!  I felt that it did live up to the standard of the earlier LOTR films.  Sure, the beginning was a bit slow but it was the setup for a grand series of adventures, including LOTR.  It was by far from a letdown for me in any way and as far as I'M concerned this is all that matters.  Pacific Rim is def the one I look most forward too, although the robots don't look all that exciting.  I'm in more anticipatory for the monsters.

KIMBROO'S MANIACAL PERSONA