All lazarus's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,990

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/12/2014 3:01:13 PM

Violator I get what you mean, and yeah I wish everyone had that strength. But not everyone does. All I am saying is personally I won't condemn him or think less of him for taking his own life. I don't know what he was facing, dealing with or thinking or more importantly suffering through. It is easy to say someone is weak when you from the outside looking in. But unless you are there, inside his soul and mind, none of us know what he was really going through. I get the selfishness of it and agree on that point. It is selfish, but I guess I think of it in terms of a very painful terminal illness. If there was no cure would you want your love one to suffer? I wish I had an easy answer but I don't I just know the darkness sometimes gets the best of us.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/12/2014 9:36:16 AM

Violator, I only meant that I hope he found some respite from his demons in the next place.

I agree the demons finally won but sometimes all you can do it is put up the best fight you can.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/12/2014 9:07:48 AM

Okay so Robin Williams thing and depression. I can tell all of you that depression is not something that you can really grasp unless you have lived with it. I have chronic depression and have hit some low spots in my life. Never have ever EVER picked up the bottle, pills, drugs, or submitted to the other demons which inflicts many depression victims. I made that choice when I was a child not to ever start down that path.

But I have had depression and demons all my life. I have my good days and my bad, I have them under control now and they seldom get the best of me on a daily basis now. But all it takes it one really bad day and they could get out and that haunts me every waking moment. I am not looking to paint me being a victim but trying to give a personal perspective that depression is real and not as easy to battle as some think.

Yeah I contemplated suicide many, many times in my youth and early adulthood. I hit some real lows in my life and thought I could no longer bear the pain of my choices. But I had young kids at the time and my wife at the time saw the pain I was in and made me promise. I had to wait until they were grown because I had a responsibility to them first. My needs and pain came second. So I made a promise to fight until I they were grown and then I could leave.

So that was over 25 years ago. I am remarried to an amazing woman and went through some intense work to move through the pain and forgive myself. But there is not a day that does not go by I don't hear the demons in the my thoughts. It is one of the reasons I use so much humor, humor really is a shield for pain in most cases.

Robin Williams was an amazing actor and human being, he also suffered from acute schizophrenia and other mental illnesses. I am deeply saddened that he lost his battle with his demons and felt there was no other way.

For those of you who think he was weak, consider the fact he fought this battle for more than 50 years and STILL was able to bring so much light into so many many lives. That is not weakness, that is amazing. We should mourn him but not scorn him. RIP Robin may your demons finally be at peace.

Robin Williams has Passed (Article) - 8/12/2014 8:42:45 AM

Wow this really hit me hard. Robin Williams was one the more significant influences in my life. He is solely responsible for the my disturbing sense of humor and a lot of my take on life. My personal favorite movie is Pan where he reminded everyone the importance of never growing up. Because once you grow up you grow old and forget how to be a child.

RIP Robin, I hope your demons are finally slain and you rest easy now. Know that your light touched many many souls and I for one will miss your light.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/10/2014 10:19:42 PM

Heya folks. Lazarus is poking his head in. The situation in the middle east is like trying to tile flooring clean with dogs. It is an ongoing battle. Personally I would simply issue a message the entire area that it either ceases and surrenders or we level the country. And by that I mean the entire flipping country.

And tell them we are going to rebuild it for them. I  mean air strikes are great but at the end of the day the only permenant solution is the Swordfish approach. You kill one of our citizens, we take out a cell, etc.

Make the prospect of pissing off the US so bad that no one would do it. And here is the really funny thing. When was the last time someone screwed with China?  You know why? Cause the control the worlds economy for the most part. The are the supplier to a world that demands. The USA USED  TO  BE  THE   SUPPLIER. Not anymore. Now we are the service industry king.

Any way GotG was just fucking amazing. Seen it 3 times already. Saw TMNT, was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Score 2nd Best Weekend (Article) - 8/10/2014 10:06:37 PM

Geez Blank , that is not old fashioned, that is anti-social. I go to the movies with my friends all the time. Yeah GUY friends. And I go with my wife, and I go with my kids and I will go alone.

I actually love going alone sometimes. When my wife is working on a weekend I will do a movie day. Pack a back pack with snacks and water. Maybe grab a sub for lunch. Then go hang out at the theater all day and catch up on movies. It is fun.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/7/2014 7:16:51 AM

El Baz I currently have the soul gem. I am using it to try and make Transformers 5 not suck.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/7/2014 6:00:51 AM

I can't wait for DoJ because it will finally answer the question of will Superman just break Batman's neck?

Seriously I am laughing at DC right now. Laughing in their face.

Saw the epic leaked footage from SDCC 2014, was nothing to write home about. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

GotG  was f-ing epic, especially the ultimate boss fight move. DANCE OFF!

Really intrigued by the use of the infintity stones. I wonder how they are going to use that and if they are actually going all the way with the gauntlet?

The Expendables 3 Movie Clip - Bike Jump (Article) - 8/7/2014 5:52:49 AM

Wait, you mean there are still people who HAVEN'T  seen this yet? Wow.

I saw this over a week ago when it first leaked on the net. Amazing.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Changes Release Date (Article) - 8/6/2014 2:17:37 PM

Wait, am I reading this right. So they moved it out 9 months because they are scared of Captain America 3? Wow. You are scared DC. Either that or production is going slower than expected. Trate you sure about those dates? I thought Capt 3 was a 2016 release also.

LAZARUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA