All lusiphur's Comments

Showing items 31 - 40 of 1,078

4 New Marvel Live Action Series Coming to Netflix (Article) - 11/7/2013 8:21:24 AM

The only thing I don't like, which may change as time goes by, is the combined title of "The Defenders".  With this cast, it should be called "Heroes for Hire".

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Asset Review (Article) - 10/10/2013 12:06:58 PM

Good news everyone!  Thanks for the update monkeyfoot!  I guess when the Mouse speaks, ratings go out the window.  I think Disney sees AoS (I like that abbreviation) as an long term investment.  So many opportunities for tie-ins it boggles the mind.

Jim Hensons Creature Shop Challenge (Article) - 10/9/2013 6:16:49 AM

I'll give this a chance.  If it's as good as SyFy's FaceOff, it should be good.

Olsen is the Scarlet Witch? (Article) - 10/7/2013 5:45:14 AM

Dazzler - It's their younger sister, and IMO prettier, sister.

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special Update (Article) - 10/4/2013 6:09:11 AM

Dazzler - BBCAmerica is available in HD, but not on AT&T.  I'm assuming Comcast doesn't have it either.  I know Time Warner does and almost considered switching to them just to watch Doctor Who in HD.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 0-8-4 Review (Article) - 10/3/2013 6:21:13 AM

OK.  You want minor villain of the week with the possiblity of a return later in the season?  Maybe Reyes will become Viper and then Madame Hydra.  I could see it happening.  If it happens, we just saw the first act of her origin story.  But then again, Fox just used Viper in The Wolverine, so they may not call her Viper and may go straight to MH.

TV Wasteland: This Is The End... (Article) - 9/30/2013 5:44:27 AM

Last one?!?  One of the few things that brighten my Monday mornings has been reading this column and reading your snarky comments about show and movies I love ... and then laughing because you're usually right.  I for one will definitely miss this column.  Hopefully there is an outpouring of support and TPTB will bring it back.  Now I'm going to read the column and get one last Monday morning laugh.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode 2 Clip (Article) - 9/28/2013 7:22:55 AM

Also, it's funny to think back 20-25 years.  Who back then would've thought DC would be the grittier, more serious comic company (and movie/tv company) and Marvel would have the glossy, family friendier stock.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode 2 Clip (Article) - 9/28/2013 7:20:29 AM

I agre WarCry.  I think that's where the some of animosity for Iron Man 3 came from.  It wasn't a kids comic book brought to life on the big screen.  It was a little more cerebral than some of the other MU movies.  People cried that it was a "Tony Stark" movie and not an "Iron Man" movie.  Ya' know what?  They've all been Tony Stark movies.  They've been movies about how Tony Stark deals with the world around him.  Every super hero movie/tv series is just that - how the heroes deal with the world around them.  Just in these cases, they put on masks and punch out bad guys. I'm interested to see how the characters on SHIELD develop and deal with this wonderful world they've been written in to.

The Dark Tower Update (Article) - 9/19/2013 6:41:54 AM

I really don't think King cares a lick about the movie adaptations of his works.  Remember, he signed off on (and appeared in) Skinwalkers, Thinner, Maximum Overdrive, and the Langoliers.  All, in my opinion, pure crapfests.  I think he may have given up after his battles with Kubrik on The Shining.

As for The Dark Tower, I say take as much time as needed to get it right.  How would you feel about them doing The Gunslinger as a movie and then continuing the series on HBO or Showtime?  I would watch it.

LUSIPHUR'S MANIACAL PERSONA