All lusiphur's Comments

Showing items 41 - 50 of 1,080

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode 2 Clip (Article) - 9/28/2013 7:20:29 AM

I agre WarCry.  I think that's where the some of animosity for Iron Man 3 came from.  It wasn't a kids comic book brought to life on the big screen.  It was a little more cerebral than some of the other MU movies.  People cried that it was a "Tony Stark" movie and not an "Iron Man" movie.  Ya' know what?  They've all been Tony Stark movies.  They've been movies about how Tony Stark deals with the world around him.  Every super hero movie/tv series is just that - how the heroes deal with the world around them.  Just in these cases, they put on masks and punch out bad guys. I'm interested to see how the characters on SHIELD develop and deal with this wonderful world they've been written in to.

The Dark Tower Update (Article) - 9/19/2013 6:41:54 AM

I really don't think King cares a lick about the movie adaptations of his works.  Remember, he signed off on (and appeared in) Skinwalkers, Thinner, Maximum Overdrive, and the Langoliers.  All, in my opinion, pure crapfests.  I think he may have given up after his battles with Kubrik on The Shining.

As for The Dark Tower, I say take as much time as needed to get it right.  How would you feel about them doing The Gunslinger as a movie and then continuing the series on HBO or Showtime?  I would watch it.

10 Best Live-Action Shows Based on Comic Books (Article) - 9/19/2013 6:17:10 AM

You're partially right karas1.

"Johnson changed the name of the Hulk's comic book alter ego, Dr. Bruce Banner, to Dr. David Banner for the TV series. This change was made, according to Johnson, because he did not want the series to be perceived as a comic book series, so he wanted to change what he felt was a staple of comic books, and Stan Lee's comics in particular, that major characters frequently had alliterative names.[9] According to Lou Ferrigno, it was also changed because CBS thought the name Bruce sounded "too gay-ish," a rationale that Ferrigno thought was "the most absurd, ridiculous thing I'd ever heard."[10] On the DVD commentary of the pilot, Johnson says that it was a way to honor his son David. "Bruce" ultimately became the TV Banner's middle name, as it had been in the comics. It is visible on Banner's tombstone at the end of the pilot movie, and that footage is shown at the beginning of every episode of the series." - Wikipedia

It was the old "lets make a series based on a comic book but not make it look like a comic book series.  It's the same mindset that went into the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie.

I wish they'd called him something other than "The Blur" too.  I have the same problem with Oliver Queen being called "The Hood" on Arrow.  I'm also hoping they tone down the body count on Arrow this season too.  It doesn't matter if he's killing criminals, it's still murder.  Not exactly a role model I'd want my kids (if I had any) to look up to.

Flash Cast for Arrow (Article) - 9/15/2013 9:24:17 AM

He seems to have the look I'd expect of a young Barry Allen.

Continuum: Second Guesses Review (Article) - 8/21/2013 7:01:56 AM

Following up on blankczech's train of thought, maybe it is Alecs naivete, gullibity and malleability that causes him to become the man he is in 2077.  After years of trusting people and having them betray him and/or stomp on his heart, who could blame him for becoming bitter and angry.

On the point about him being socially challenged, I think that has been shown in the flash-forwards concerning him.  Unless I've missed something, he's an 80-some year old man with no family, lots of money and prostitutes at his beck  and call.  Not exactly the rich and fulfilling life we're promised as children.  I'm not so sure about him being a puppet of the corporations as much as the guy with the good intentions having knee-jerk over-reactions to betrayals and perceived threats.  By being short sighted, he proceeds to take care of a current problem with no concern for the repercussions until they rear their heads and start biting at him.

Continuum: Second Wave Review (Article) - 8/13/2013 6:11:26 AM

I was thinking about the truth serum and my assumption is Garza is well trained and may be resistant to the serum.  Even older Alec may have had something to do with it.  I do like your idea of her venting her frustrations.

I'm interested to see where the Curtis is crazy storyline goes.

TV Wasteland: The White Queen (Article) - 8/5/2013 5:42:31 AM

Do No Harm Marathon ... my first thought was that it is an anti-bullying race that is being televised.  Then I read the description.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Begins Production (Article) - 7/24/2013 6:20:52 AM

When I look at the actors, I keep thinking they should switch Lee Pace and Michael Rooker's roles.  Rooker seems to have the build I've seen Ronan depicted with than pace does.  But I've been pleasantly surprised before.

Comicscape: Trinity War (Article) - 7/18/2013 9:57:55 AM

I've been avoiding big event crossovers for a while now, but this may be worth picking up.  It seems an interesting tale with all of our favorites on hand.  Time to call my comic shop.

True Blood: F*** the Pain Away Review (Article) - 7/16/2013 7:14:36 AM

After a pair of lackluster entries to start the season, the past two have finally started to gain traction and seem to be headed in at least an interesting direction.

Who leaves their lingerie on while bumping uglies like that?  C'mon Sarah, let them little puppies loose for the world to see.  While we're at it, you too Jessica!

And yes, I'll most likely be sticking with the 7th season unless something horrible happens between now and the finale.

LUSIPHUR'S MANIACAL PERSONA