All mbeckham1's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 1,123
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Tron Video Game Debut (Article) - 11/29/2009 12:55:21 PM

Dothey have the version where you get blasted from behind by a laser and you wake to find your body digitized and your life in real danger.

Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars and Beyond (Article) - 11/27/2009 2:25:36 PM

I thought the thing that lady said at the end of Planet of the Dead might be foreshadowing a return of the Master. John Simm's inclusion in the cast would seem to confirm that. Good to see the they're sticking with Simm for the role too, he was fantastic in Season 3. I am surprised to see Donna and her Grandad return, considering what they said would happen if she ever remembered her exploits with the Doctor.  Hope they don't kill her off.  I thought I heard somewhere that the lady who played River Song would be returning in one of these Specials. I'd definitely like to see that. Like Linsey Duncan seen her in some things before and she's been fantstic.

Yeah, it's sad to see David Tennant go, but like someone else posted I thought the same thing when Eccleston left, a lot of people I know were even more horrified when Billie Piper left, then again when Freema Agyman left and they brought Donna back, but all those panned out brilliantly. And while the loss of Davires aas Showrunner would be because for greater concern, Steve Moffat has already written me of the greatest episodes of the new series. The Empty Child, The Doctor Dances, The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead. Coupling as someone else stated was brilliaant, and if you haven't seen Jekyll you should. I we lived in a perfect world I'd like to see Moffat conbtinue on as the Doctor Who Showrunner and Davies work full time on more Torchwood, he said in an intrerview if BBC ever wanted him to do more he had a plan for bringing the team back together or at least a direction for future episodes to go.

Dexter: Roadkill Review (Article) - 11/17/2009 4:37:11 PM

I loove the idea o it being Trinity's son.  It would really mk since and t might xplain why Trinty brewaks his finger in the vnext on scenes and ewhy he tells Dexter tht he should have let Trinity die. If he found out the truth. Trinity's Wife would be a good choice too.  for similar reasons.  Also either one would force Dexer to reconsider Trinity's role as his Serieal Killer/Family man Guru, if his son or wifde turned to murder because of him.   I think the reporter's future importance will be as Trinity's next victim.  She sort of look like the first victim and his ife a little, she could be a stand in for his sister.

The Prisoner: Arrival/Harmony Review (Article) - 11/17/2009 4:23:48 PM

The thing I liked about the original was that Patrick McGoohan's character as as much of a master manipulator as the number 2s he took apart, and that he took his own mischievous delight in doping so. That and the quirky other characters that Made up the Village. It was Really James Bond meets George Orwell,with the Number 2s as Wannabe Big Brothers, playing their own Orwellian plots to break number 6. The problem I have with the new version is that Jim Caviesiel's character is much more the standard man in a mouse trap that has no idea how he got there. The other problem I have is that the writers seem too afraid to reveal anything so nothing ever seems to happen, and if it does we don't know what it means or might mean or why we should care. The other villagers mostly stay in the scared and confused range and we don't really get a cast of quirks or fun or funny scenes to break up the scary and mysterious tone. Then scenes with Ian McKellan are by far the best in the series and the part where he dressed down the two Psychologists was the most fun moment in the first two hours. And the stuff between Ian and his son or rather 2's son is interesting. His son is in fact one of the most interesting characters n the show and I entertained the idea that they might depart from the series and make him number 1. but it doesn't seem from the previews that they'll be going in that direction. I love Ian McKLellan and I like his son a lot, but they reall need to make something happen here.

The Prisoner: The Complete Series Blu-ray Review (Article) - 11/17/2009 4:08:52 PM

The thing I liked about the original was that Patrick McGoohan's character as as much of a master manipulator as the number 2s he took apart, and that he took his own mischievous delight in doping so. That and the quirky other characters that Made up the Village. It was Really James Bond meets George Orwell,with the Number 2s as Wannabe Big Brothers, playing their own Orwellian plots to break number 6. The problem I have with the new version is that Jim Caviesiel's character is much more the standard mamn in a mouse trap that has no idea how he got there. The other problem I have is that the writers seem too afraid to reveal anything so nothing ever seems to happen, and if it does we don't know what it means or might mean or why we should care. The other villagers mostly stay in the scared and confused range and we don't really get a cast of quirks or fun or funny scenes to break up the scary and mysterious tone. Then scenes with Ian McKellan are by far the best imn the series and the paet where he dressed down the two Psychologists was the most fun momentin the first two hours. And the stuff between Ian and his son r orather 2's son is interesting. His son is in fact one of the most interesting characters n the show and I entertained the idea that they might depart from the series amd make him number 1. but it doesn't seem from the previews that they'll be going in that direction. But yes, in answer to your question, the original serires is very different and much better in my opinion.

CHUCK Star Cast in THOR? (Yes and no) (Article) - 11/16/2009 11:48:56 AM

I could see Levi as Donald Blake. Everyday guy in a crazy ystic world. Like Chuck everyday guy in a super spy world.

8 Annoying TV Characters (Article) - 11/16/2009 11:27:27 AM

Thank you. I find it annoying that Sam gets winged on so much for opening the last seal and Dean gets an eternal free pass for opening the first. Sam got played in a pretty good con to think he was saving the world by killing Lilith. Dean may not have known he was opening the first seal, but he damn sure knew what he was doping was wrong and didn't think it was saving anybody except himself. That asaid I don't find any of the characters annoying. I like that Dean and Sam have their flaws. I like it even more that Dean and Sam get up after making terrible choices and instead of running away sticking in and going back to work. Give Sam a little credit, he stuck in there knowing Dean would pretty much hate him and would be justified in doing so and got down to the business of making things right instead of wallowing in guit.. That's cool not annoying.

Grand Theft Auto: Death Star (Article) - 11/7/2009 12:24:52 PM

Maybe in a Doctor Who game they you could be the Doctopr but not have the Doctors memories  and have them hiddewmn in artifacts like that watch from the series anfd eand when you retrieve them you get information on the alien races your encountering and things important to getting through the game.

Grand Theft Auto: Death Star (Article) - 11/7/2009 12:19:09 PM

Grand Theft TARDIS has sort of a nice ring to it. Could do game with the Doctor. Have to be really clever and find new informatioon about new alien races.

I think Coboy Bebop would make a good RPG too, have to collect Bouty Heads but you can't kill them or you won't get paid.. If you go too long between repairs your ship breaks dwn develooping random problems for you to slve amnd if you go too long beteen stops you run out of food or get stranded without fuel.  Excellnt stuff.  They coul make the bounty heads and other extras real colorful too.

Maybe Animate it just like the series.

I agree ana Grand Theft Game in Star Wars should be Galaxy wide.  It should at least include Tatooine where yopu can sell your stolen space ship to Jabba the Hutt's Chop Shop and by drinks at the Cantina.  Maybe they could even have Luke and Ben's scene or Han Solo's in the back ground qwhile you makre your deals.

5 Rules for a Spider-Man Reboot (Article) - 11/4/2009 9:50:49 AM

Also Spidfer man 4 does not need a n new director a reboot or a new cast. It just bnewesd to go back to the basics that maede the first two great. A villain who was a father figure to Peter Parker. Doc/Connor/ The Lizard. Focus on his relationships with Mary Jane and Harry Osborn. I think the probvlem with the third film wasn't that they were given too much attention but too little. The incesanrt fight scenes with three or more villains left so little room to develop the Mary Jane and Harry Osbcorne stuff that it all seemed rushed and slop. Mary Jane seemed to have little or no reason for being so angry at Peter at the beginning of the film, there seemed to be no reason at all why the Butler waited so long to tell Harry the truth about how his father died. And so the Harry resolution was unsatifying and the whole MJ/Peter fight seemed tacked on. A little more time on those elements and they would have felt really earned. And been really earned.

MBECKHAM1'S MANIACAL PERSONA