All mgibson17's Comments

Worst Movie Vampires (Article) - 5/9/2012 5:54:12 PM

Let's not forget John Carradine. He played quite a few vampires in his day. The quality of these creatures of the night waned as the years flew by. But I place him right up there with Lon Chaney Jr. any day.

Worst Movie Vampires (Article) - 5/9/2012 10:47:35 AM

"...out there that make Eddie Murphy's version pale in comparison"

Forgive me: "...out there that make Eddie Murphy's version Shine in comparison.."

Dracula's daughter didn't scare me much and I was very young when I saw it. She stared a lot as I recall- and in some cases the bite was done off-camera wasn't it? The Ghost and Mr. Chicken frightened me a lot more than Dracula's daughter ever could.

Worst Movie Vampires (Article) - 5/9/2012 7:38:47 AM

Gracious you breezed right over the 50's and 60's didn't you. There are hundreds of movie vampires out there that make Eddie Murphy's version pale in comparison. His is not the worst by any means. I saw Count Yorga, the Vampire when I was in my teens at the drive-in over 40 years ago; and that puppy sucked!

Son of Dracula starring Lon Chaney Jr. ranks right up there as well. Apparently Dracula had a daughter too- put that one on your list. Saw that one on 5 O'clock Showtime almost 50 years ago. Fearless Vampire Killers should have been on your list as well; although it was wittier than Eddie Murphy's version.

Prometheus Viral Video and Poster (Article) - 4/17/2012 9:19:11 PM

He's ‘Mecca’ alright. The fact that his name is David and he's emotional can’t be coincidental can it? Can it Professor Hobby?

First Men in Black III Spot (Article) - 4/2/2012 10:44:13 PM

Some attribute our youthful appearance to excessive melanin in the skin. Married 30 years and I've had people confuse me for my wife's son. I've had people come to my door and ask if my mother is home. I have people talk down to me because they believe me to be their junior, instead of their elder (happened a few days ago as a matter of fact). I have a baby-face (what I was called in the Navy) because essentially, my eyes and nose are positioned close together.

I'm 55 years-old and I can say the same thing for many blacks. I've heard the same thing growing up as well. "Black don't crack." I knew an 80 year old man with not one wrinkle on his face; not a one. I'm not sure what this has to do with Men in Black but...

Immortals Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 3/20/2012 8:05:59 AM

I grew up with Steve Reeves as well. The Hercules franchise and the cheap 'Sons of Hercules' knockoffs entertained me as a child of 11. We had three channels on a 13 inch black & white set, and we were thankful.

New Prometheus Trailer Hits (Article) - 3/19/2012 8:45:40 AM

During the opening monologue (of the first trailer) we witness a person going through some type of physical change. Additionally, we're shown a male crew member examining himself in the mirror; also experiencing some type of physical metamorphosis. Presently, we have assumed the space jockeys to be already alive- and interacting with the crew. So again my question is; what if the Space Jockey is actually an evolved crew member? Brought about by the technology on site?

New Prometheus Trailer Hits (Article) - 3/18/2012 7:27:27 PM

@RedHood2010
"My only real complaint or issue that will bug me watching it will be the technology on the ship and cockpit. Compared to Alien, this ship looks too improved."

But didn't the same thing happen in the Star Trek reboot? The new Enterprise appeared far more advanced than its 1960's predecessor.

New Prometheus Trailer Hits (Article) - 3/18/2012 7:22:58 PM

"Prometheus was a champion of mankind, known for his wily intelligence, who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mortals."

Is it reasonable to assume the android carries the same secret mandate as the one from the original Alien? "All other priorities are rescinded." Moreover, the reason the ship has its title is because one of the crew members appropriates something forbidden from these beings; therefore it is decided the entire human race must be cleansed. I was also intrigued by the physical changes a few of the crew members seemed to take on. Could this be a metamorphosis into a higher life form? Namely, a space jockey?

Immortals Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 3/15/2012 8:25:02 AM

"His ultimate goal is to use the bow to free the Titans who were enslaved by the Gods in Mount Tarterus."

That's what bothered me more than anything. If you're going to imprison "GODS," make darn sure the prison you build for them is inaccessible by anyone; especially disgruntled mortals. The location of their confinement should be as legendary as the captives kept in it. In Christendom, Tartarus (for the fallen angels who intermingled with humanity) is secreted in a place unreachable by humans.

On a side note: that's what bothered me about superman's fortress of solitude. Why was it so accessible by anyone who just happened by? Why not a 10-ton key or secret Kyrptonian code or something? Who leaves their door unlocked nowadays especially with a super genius lurking about.

MGIBSON17'S MANIACAL PERSONA