All mgibson17's Comments

<<  <  4 5 6 7

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/1/2008 11:30:21 AM

Strange but if you advance the trailer frame by frame when Hulk is present; he looks like a pastel drawing. Whereas real people still retain their attributes as if they were snapshots. I know they are using the latest technology, but even in this present day CGI is still lacking when vying for realism. Moreover I concur- he just moves too fast as a CGI rendering; too fast and too precise. Human movement is a compilation of muscles and sinew negotiating signals emanating from the brain. Whereas CGI is already thought out- each path of limb or twist, is already plotted out and finalized. If they are going for realistic movement it would have been better to at least do motion-capture and then slow the movement down to achieve a more realistic flow. They both just move too fast and lack weight and presence in-screen to be anything but an animation. Iron man looks much better in this regard. Im sure I will love the movie anyway. Gib

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/18/2008 1:17:48 AM

I’m a 50 year old black man and I love Robert Downey Jr's take on a brotha. If Eddie Murphy can do it as well as other black comedians, (Wayans Brothers as two white girls) then certainly one as talented as Downy can pull this off. I mean that's what Actors do- they act. I also enjoyed the play between Downie and the real black man. A white man should not be limited to just playing white characters. I mean every black man does not hail from de ghetto, or speak in broken English. (Some black actors fall into the trap of black-speak, and limit themselves) Just as every white person is not born in a trailer park. There is no one criterion for defining blackness. Hope I didn’t offend. But seriously I laughed out loud. This could work! Gib

Writers Reunite For FRIDAY THE 13TH (Article) - 9/18/2007 2:29:41 PM

We all know what this is leading up to don't we? This tired series will continue with each new incarnation, until finally the installments will culminate into the ultimate Jason horror flick.... Friday The 13th XX!!! Jason Goes to Heaven! The tagline being..All good boys go to heaven...eventually. (Maniacal laughter in voiceover) Gib

Stephen King's THE MIST Trailer (Article) - 8/31/2007 3:18:05 PM

"#11 - swansong [Aug 31 2007, 12:02 am CDT] Jedi4sshield: How many GOOD movies can you think of where the main character or characters, are stuck in one place and must find a way out and to survive?" And the black guy/robot dies first? I liked Andre Braugher in the revised Salem's Lot, as well as his character in Glory. The trailer would seem to indicate that he dies first. (Maybe not) But very few Sci Fi/Horror movies seem to allow the African American character to last to the movie's conclusion. Off-hand I can think of Transformers- Anaconda and House on haunted Hill. As well as Alien verses Predator. I'm hoping that his part is substantial. gib

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/26/2007 11:55:12 AM

I'm confused- I was lead to believe that most of the action would be taking place on the Predator’s home world; as the last installment was with them going back there as the Hybrid Alien was bursting through the chest of it’s host. But from what I have viewed, this formula is old and has been done to death. I thought I was going to see something new- and different. Shame on them.. Gib

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/10/2007 11:39:56 AM

The automatons that came after Bruce Lee all made the same mistake; they literally tried to be Bruce Lee. They mimicked his facial expressions; his yells and his demeanor. The papers billed each one as successor to the Bruce Lee legend. Ping! Pang- Pow! This only works if you discard this folly from the get go. There can never be another Bruce lee. Even the son of Bruce Lee refused to go the route of imitation; conceding there was only one master. He is the barometer by which all martial arts action stars are to be judged. Hell even Chuck Norris uses a stunt double, as well as Steven Segal; especially after he gained weight. Course once the movie is re-imagined your left with another Fearless or some other Kung-fu epic. Jet Li is good but his moves have a flavor that is his own. You never knew what Bruce was going to hit you with, for each situation demanded a singular response. He was not confined to mere style- or form. Now try catching that on film.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/10/2007 7:54:59 AM

The opening fight sequence alone is beyond the talents of most current day action stars; Let alone the climatic battle with the guards underground. He was one of a kind, and I cannot see anyone re-doing or re-imagining the vision of a legend. I remember watching this as a teen. I remember the theater erupting in cheers when he took out those two black sticks, held together by a chain. It was something we had never seen before. Course we all went home and tried to make our own; and most of us signed up for karate lessons based on that film alone. You don't dare remake movies like that. The studio Execs have literally lost their minds.

MGIBSON17'S MANIACAL PERSONA