All middlerealm's Comments

No Puck or CGI for Dinklage (Article) - 2/23/2013 2:19:51 PM

From what I've seen, most rumours appear to be for Bolivar Trask.

No Puck or CGI for Dinklage (Article) - 2/23/2013 2:19:32 PM

From what I've seen, most rumours appear to be for Bolivar Trask.

The Walking Dead: Lead Me Home Promo (Article) - 1/24/2013 2:37:41 PM

Queue the incessant 'OMG JJ Don't rape Star Wars the same as you did with Trek' whining..... <sigh>

Oh, yeah, can't wait for WD to return ;)

Raimi to direct Poltergeist? (Article) - 10/19/2012 3:42:28 AM

Uh..... Why the excitement? Poltergeist is a classic, and still holds up against todays 'gore/cheap scare' market as being quality. So, for me, I think I'll skip the remake. Especially since Raimi is involved. Don't get me wrong, I love his early work. I've been a fan of his for years. But seriously, cos he did Evil Dead, he can do this? Nah... He's too fond of dodgy gags and crappy humour. It works for other films (I am a fan, remember) but for Poltergeist, he's have to ditch his usual style and do something different. I thought Drag Me to Hell was utter rubbish with only a handful of good bits, and was a huge disappointment to what we were promised. (If I remember right, it was supposed to be a 'serious' horror according to him). To me, this'll end up being a Sam Raimi film that just happens to be called Poltergeist.

And I'm not against remakes. I hope I'm proven wrong and it turns out to be a good one, but I have my doubts.

Iron Man 3 Gets Underway (Article) - 10/3/2012 4:11:50 PM

I'm certainly not bitching and crying about it. Considering the studio is still tight lipped on it all, I can only imagine its something along the lines of; after the chaos in IM2 with War Machine and the Hammer Drones, the military decide to 'rebrand' WM with a new paint job and some well meaning PR. To me, that'd be the logical step where the movie universe is concerned. I don't like the new colours, but thats my opinion. I'm not shallow enough to encite a flame war over it, nor am I poised to retaliate against those who do like them. Like I said, I'm still looking forward to the movie, regardless of the paint jobs.

Iron Man 3 Gets Underway (Article) - 10/3/2012 1:40:49 PM

I just don't understand why they felt the need to make War Machine look like Iron Patriot. It just looks odd. From what I can gather, because Patriot is actually Norman Osborn, Marvel can't use it as 'Iron Patriot' as Sony still own the rights to anything to do with that character (apparently its so messy legally they gave up trying to work a way round it). I'm also not keen on the colouring of the new Iron Man. Too much gold to what I'm used to. But, hell, I'll be there at the cinema lapping it up regardless!

5 S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Characters (Article) - 10/2/2012 3:55:48 PM

redhairs, I like your way of thinking.... Browncoats unite!

Reynolds is the Highlander (Article) - 6/30/2012 9:22:59 AM

Xerowarp.... maybe he has to be scottish cos of the title? Highlander... how many countries in the world have the term Highlander in their culture, that is also well known throughout the world and ahve the country/culture link identifiable as such?

I do agree he doesn't need the accent as it can fade over so many years, though for flashbacks it would be needed. I'm pretty sure he could do the accent fine. I'm just not seeing him as MacLeod.

New TV Spot for Amazing Spider-Man (Article) - 6/19/2012 3:34:40 PM

One of my friends was a lucky git and managed to get a pass into a preview showing... He was one that thought the reboot was too soon and wasn't looking forward to it. He came out singing its praise, saying it was awesome. Kinda looking forward to it even more now!

Tuesday Terrors: New Characters announced for Walking Dead Season 3 (Article) - 5/29/2012 5:09:40 AM

The Tall Man? Huh.... is it anything to do with the Phantasm mythos? I've not heard of it, so don't know anything about it.

MIDDLEREALM'S MANIACAL PERSONA