All millean's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,944

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/31/2014 8:55:00 AM

Yo Violatorr,

I can't speak much to the VIP passes.  Didn't even know there were any, to tell you the truth.  Just prepare for long lines no matter where you go or what you do.  We got in the non-HallH line Thursday morning about 2:30am because my buddies wanted to get into the Hasbro line so we could get their exclusives.  You get in line to get a ticket that tells you when you can go to the Hasbro booth to purchase items.  Then there will be a line there as well.  They started passing out those tickets about an hour or so before the convention opened, so we were able to get the ticket, despite a really long Hasbro line, and still was able to hit the floor as soon as they opened.

I guess I say all that just to point out that you need to plan ahead what you want to do.  If you get registered for badges, which isn't easy and occurs several months before the con, give me a yell closer to next year's event and I'll give you a few pointers that we picked up over the last two years.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/31/2014 8:18:34 AM

By the way, it looks like adding parenthses to a comment triggers the dreaded FORBIDDEN posting error.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/31/2014 8:17:18 AM

Didn't see any of the Howard Stern people, but I'm not really a fan of them, anyway.  We did win a drawing to get autographs from Weird Al Yankovic.  I got his new CD and my SDCC badge signed by him.  He is a really nice guy.

We were walking by a hotel a couple of blocks away from the convention center when Nathan Fillion walked out of his hotel.  He was in a hurry to get somewhere, but still took the time to stop and take a photo or two with a few fans.  I snapped a picture of him as he was going into a building, but didn't really want to bother him as I could tell he was in a rush to get somewhere.

I really enjoyed walking the convention room floor where I took pictures of people in costume and checked out all of the booths.  If you think that sounds like fun, then I would definitely suggest going sometime.  There is a lot more to do that you will stumble into while there.  This was my 2nd year in a row, and I really enjoyed my time there, but it will probably be a few years before I decide to go back.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/30/2014 6:37:13 PM

Yo peeps, what's up. Haven't been on in a while because I was busy on a work trip, then I was busy on a vacation trip to San Diego Comic Con, whoo hoo! It was a lot of fun, and there were a lot of people there.

We made it into Hall H on Friday for The Walking Dead & Game of Thrones panels. We left after that thinking that we would go back to the flat, take a nap and get back in line for Hall H later on Friday for the Saturday panels. Then, as we were leaving the Hall at 3:45 pm on FRIDAY, there was already a line a mile and a half long for the SATURDAY panels 18 hours in advance. And I mean LITERALLY a mile and a half long line, not figuratively. Needless to say, we decided to forego Hall H on Saturday. :)

The Atom for Arrow (Article) - 7/14/2014 9:47:12 AM

Also worth noting is that they have said that Ray Palmer is going to be on Arrow.  I have serious doubts that we will see him in the actual Atom persona.  I hope I am proved wrong...

I also doubt they tie Arrow & Flash into the cinematic universe.  I kind of actually want them to be separate, but I think I am in the minority on that.

10 Reasons We Love The Planet of The Apes (Article) - 7/10/2014 9:37:01 AM

Planet of the Apes is just one of those franchises I could never really get on board with... despite Linda Harrison.

Burton's apes may have had pipi shaped helmets, but I doubt it was anything like the flying pipis in Man of Steel (when Zod, Faora & gang are incarcerated and flown up to the Phantom Zone ship).  Was that ever discussed by the gang when MoS came out.  Surely it was...

Mania Box Office Report: Transformers, again (Article) - 7/7/2014 6:15:24 AM

I'd say if you really liked the first 3 Transformers, then you will like the latest installment.  I've had issues with all of them, but this movie really isn't too bad when compared to the others.  I liked this one better than the 2nd movie.

It's Michael Bay Transformers.  You pretty much know what you are going to get going into it.  :)

Mania Box Office Report: Transformers, again (Article) - 7/6/2014 6:42:33 PM

I had such a hectic week, I needed to unwind so I went and saw Transformers.  It was either that, or go with my frineds to see Tammy, and that sure as heck wasn't going to happen.  TF4 was about as I expected, it was bad, but the good kind of bad (and wow, was it long).

It was what it was, but I had no regrets (in the least) that I skipped out on Melissa McCarthy's latest (I'll be polite and just say...) film.  I'm sure a lot of you liked it, but thos kind of comedies just aren't my type of movie.

I will leave you with this... just 17 more days until San Diego, whoo hoo! :)

DARK HORSE Comic Con 2014 Exclusives (Article) - 7/4/2014 11:48:04 AM

Hey Bob, any of the Mania staff covering SDCC this year?

FIRST Superman IMAGE from Batman v Superman (Article) - 7/4/2014 11:33:40 AM

Well, Bob only yells at us because we deserve it.  (I mean come on, Blankcheck is just trying to stir things up, and we keep falling for it...)

The way the picture looks, I thought for a second there that ol' Kal-El had some gray showing through.  But as it turns out, it is just the shine off some of his hair product.

MILLEAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA