All millean's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,863

Announcing the Mania Comic Book Hall of Fame (Article) - 4/14/2014 7:44:45 AM

So this is the Comic Book Writers Hall of Fame, rather than a HOF for individual books?  Or will you guys do both?  Was more intrigued by the actual books, but the writers should get their love, too.

Batman: Strange Days Exclusive Clip (Article) - 4/9/2014 8:18:56 AM

While I too like the Young Justice animation better (in general), that would defeat the point of this homage.  This is supposed to be a retro short honoring the old version of the Batman, so I think this style is definitely more appropriate in this case.

At least it is not in any of the anime styles they used for the Gotham Knight shorts.  I hated those, but I didn't really have a problem with them trying something new every now and then.

Even though this is in black & white, I will still imagine that he has on those hideous purple gloves!  :)

Mania Box Office Report: Captain America 4 the WIN (Article) - 4/7/2014 9:24:33 AM

I really like it, but I did like the first Cap movie a bit better.  This one did have more of a spy-thriller feel, which was good.  Bring on GotG...

Batman 75th Anniversary Logo Revealed (Article) - 3/30/2014 10:41:31 AM

Got ya.

My point was that they DID have a Superman 75th anniversary logo, and the 75th anniverasry was the whole point of the animated short Bob posted in the article.  (In fact, watch the video to see the logo at the end.)

I see your point, though.  2013 was promoted more as the year of the Man Of Steel, rather than celebrating 75 years of Supes.  Could have definitely done more to celebrate the world's most popular comic character (though not so much in recent years).

Batman 75th Anniversary Logo Revealed (Article) - 3/29/2014 7:16:41 PM

I don't get TheWolfPack's comment as they did a whole lot more for Supes last year than they have announced so far for Bats this year.  That included a 75 anniversary logo that didn't suck (it wasn't great, but it didn't suck).

Teen Titans: Earth One Remake (Article) - 3/29/2014 7:13:56 PM

I read the article, thought they were about to revamp Teen Titans Go, but then realized it has nothing to do with that show and is just a launch of a new comic book title.  If TTG looked like the above artwork, I might force myself to watch an entire episode.

Teen Titans: Earth One Remake (Article) - 3/29/2014 1:42:38 PM

You lost me at "Teen Titans Go!"...

Mania Review: Noah (Article) - 3/28/2014 8:02:42 AM

When I heard they were making this movie, I thought it was going to be terrible.  Then I saw the trailer, and thought it actually looked like it might be good.  Then Rob Vaux gives it an A plus rating???  I'm going to go see this after I pick my jaw up off the floor.  :)

Rumor: Bradley Cooper for Indiana Jones? (Article) - 3/27/2014 12:51:47 PM

Maybe we should combine worlds and put Sweet & Sour on our steak & eggs...

New Green Goblin Photo - Best Yet? (Article) - 3/27/2014 10:08:47 AM

But I do wish they would have only one villan per comic-book movie.  2, maybe 3 if the story is right.

MILLEAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA