All millean's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,964

Batman 25th Anniversary Two-Disc Edition Blu-ray Details (Article) - 8/15/2014 8:53:48 AM

Yes, Batman was immensely important to the influx of the comic book movies we have today.  The only other one that was probably more important was the 1978 Superman.  That one showed that a comic book character can be popular to the masses.  It had bright colors, was somewhat campy and was a family friendly movie.

1989 Batman showed us how a serious take on a comic book character could be.  Granted, the sequels took a turn for the worse, but this legitimized the genre.

This is still one of my favorite movies of all time.  I will always remember it fondly.  While somewhat dated, it still holds up pretty well, in my opinon.

My top 5 comic book movies based on importance to the genre:

1. 1978 Superman
  2. 1989 Batman
  3. Avengers
  4. The Dark Knight
  5. Spider-Man/X-Men (tie)

Power Rangers Release Date! (Article) - 8/15/2014 8:39:03 AM

Violatorr, this is actually one franchise that I wouldn't mind Micheal Bay taking a crack at.  Of course, that is probably because I have never cared about Power Rangers...

The Star Wars Hand Debate and Hamill's Beard (Article) - 8/13/2014 1:52:41 PM

Luke looks pretty good.

Is that a close-up of Batman's eye on the video board above the Ep VII sign? That dude is everywhere!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/6/2014 1:59:43 PM

Dawn of Justice moves up their release date.  As I posted on that article, WB may catch some flack for blinking first against the Captain America 3 release date, but I think this is a smart move by the studio, and we get to see DoJ a few weeks earlier now!  :)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Changes Release Date (Article) - 8/6/2014 1:55:57 PM

So Dawn of Justice will be labeled as blinking first with respect to the showdown with Captain America 3, with regards to the release date.  Fine with me, I don't care as long as I get to see this movie a few weeks earlier, whoo hoo!

I actually think this is a smart move on WBs part.  Really liking some of the decisions they have been making lately.  It's been a while since Ihave been able to say that. :)

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/6/2014 12:52:32 PM

I almost got hit by a car one because I was distracted by a pretty woman who did have her headlights on...

TMNT looks like a clone of Transformers, and I won't pay to see it.  However, if it is a hit I can just see the TF/TMNT crossover coming to a theatre near us

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/4/2014 8:48:40 AM

VTG, I haven't seen Under The Skin, and that may be a better comparision for Lucy.  Heck, I'm sure there are a lot of atrsy scifi films out there, I just couldn't think of any except for 2001.  Guess I'm just an uncultured hick from Alabama.  (There's also probably a joke in there about how I like my women, but I digress...)

I finally just saw the Deadpool test footage too, and I absolutely LOVED it.  Hope they go forward with it, and hopeful that they leaked that footage to gauge fan reaction to it which has been great.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/3/2014 7:56:15 PM

Wiseguy, the only reason I compared 2001 to Lucy is because 2001 was the only other artistic sci-fi movie I could think of. Personally, I liked Lucy better, but I suspect 99.9 percent of you other maniacs will disagree. (I just have never liked Kubrick films). Wait until Lucy hits Redbox, then check it out.

ElBaz has Manziel Mania! I hope he does well, but I honestly don't see Johnny Football starting this year (primarily because he is a rookie on a team with some talent). The Browns will be better and should be interesting to watch, though.

And can I really talk football without mentioning how excited I am for my Auburn Tigers to kick off? They should be loaded and a better team than last year, but have my doubts they will make it back to the BCS title game. My season tickets should be here in about a week, whoo hoo!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/2/2014 9:45:35 PM

Yeah, I just saw Lucy myself.  You don't see many artsy-fartsy sci-fi films, but that was one of them.  It was OK, and the best movie I can compare it to is 2001 A Space Odyssey.  Although I didn't like 2001 (still have never been able to get all the way through that film, despite starting it 5 or 6 times) Lucy was watchable.  Agree with VTG, meh.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/2/2014 9:37:24 PM

Yo, Wise is back, whoo hoo!  Hope all is well, man.

I saw Guardians yesterday.  I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.  However, it was still a really good movie.

Hadn't seen that list of Marvel movies, but that looks pretty sweet!  Not familiar with some of those story lines, except for Civil War.  Was surprised to see that it is not Thanos-centric, as you guys said.  However, I love the fact that these studios keep coming up with adaptations from the books, as well as mixing some new stuff in.  Really smart approach, if you ask me.

And yes, I am all about Dawn of Justice!  Might have to change my avatar back to that one.  Loved the pic of WW, just wish there was a little more color on the costume.  Gadot still wouldn't have been my first choice, but as I said all along, I will wait until I see some footage before I make any judgements.

I was at SDCC, but didn't get into the WB/Marvvel panels.  Did see a cell phone vid of the DoJ footage, and it looked SWEET!  2016 is sooo far away...

MILLEAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA